Third Fill

I love my band when I am not eating. My third fill was Thursday and all food and liquid has slowed down. I now have a love/hate relationship with my band. I have not got the rules down but I am learning. Other than pain any suggestions on the eating slow and small bite rules. I should not complain my weight is dropping.

I love my band when I am not eating. My third fill was Thursday and all food and liquid has slowed down. I now have a love/hate relationship with my band. I have not got the rules down but I am learning. Other than pain any suggestions on the eating slow and small bite rules. I should not complain my weight is dropping.

Hi Andy - glad to hear about your weight loss! That is great. More than not, I now take the time to cut up or prepare all my food before I eat it. I rarely eat "rip" foods the typical way. What I am referring to as a rip food is anything you have to bite off a piece of. Take a slice of pizza, burger, hot dog ect. I cut everything. If I eat a black bean burger I smash the thing into bits. LOL

I don't drink while I eat or for at least 30-1 hr after. I have started to measure out my food so I have a better idea of just how much I am eating. Protein is a first unless it is a special occasion.

Listening to my soft stops took me a bit to get use to. I now, hiccup, or start feeling satisfied. If I hiccup, I put the fork down right then. No more goes down. For a while I was in the habbit of eating "one bite to many" which would cause me to have a nice blob of slime coming up with the last bite.

Living with the band is a learning curve. I am really digging it now, as I feel more intune with my body then ever before. It's pretty sweet, and gives me a feeling of empowerment.

I found ways to work the "rules" to my favor. Like I have a hard time with plain old water, but I really dig this vitamin water. It is zero cals, carbs, ect. Zero's across the board. I drink that like I use to drink Diet Coke. Which was a very indulgent habit I was in.

If I feel like snacking during the day, sometimes I can curb it by simply taking a supplement. Like my calcuim pill, vit E or neocell. Sounds like a trip but it helps. I have also really been finding some cool protein foods that provide me with the cravings I seem to have. So I am really digging finding new things.

Hope this helps and wasn't a rambling mess! LOL

Good job on the weight loss. You rock!

Hi Andy - glad to hear about your weight loss! That is great. More than not, I now take the time to cut up or prepare all my food before I eat it. I rarely eat "rip" foods the typical way. What I am referring to as a rip food is anything you have to bite off a piece of. Take a slice of pizza, burger, hot dog ect. I cut everything. If I eat a black bean burger I smash the thing into bits. LOL

I don't drink while I eat or for at least 30-1 hr after. I have started to measure out my food so I have a better idea of just how much I am eating. Protein is a first unless it is a special occasion.

Listening to my soft stops took me a bit to get use to. I now, hiccup, or start feeling satisfied. If I hiccup, I put the fork down right then. No more goes down. For a while I was in the habbit of eating "one bite to many" which would cause me to have a nice blob of slime coming up with the last bite.

Living with the band is a learning curve. I am really digging it now, as I feel more intune with my body then ever before. It's pretty sweet, and gives me a feeling of empowerment.

I found ways to work the "rules" to my favor. Like I have a hard time with plain old water, but I really dig this vitamin water. It is zero cals, carbs, ect. Zero's across the board. I drink that like I use to drink Diet Coke. Which was a very indulgent habit I was in.

If I feel like snacking during the day, sometimes I can curb it by simply taking a supplement. Like my calcuim pill, vit E or neocell. Sounds like a trip but it helps. I have also really been finding some cool protein foods that provide me with the cravings I seem to have. So I am really digging finding new things.

Hope this helps and wasn't a rambling mess! LOL

Good job on the weight loss. You rock!

Thank you Angie for the explaination on rip foods. The tought never occured to me and I am grateful that you brought it up and I learned about this tip now well before my first fill. Actually if you think about it this is a great idea for anyone who is trying to watch what they eat. Very helpful and it sounds like it will help me slow down and force me to take smaller bits. I love it!

Thank you Angie for the explaination on rip foods. The tought never occured to me and I am grateful that you brought it up and I learned about this tip now well before my first fill. Actually if you think about it this is a great idea for anyone who is trying to watch what they eat. Very helpful and it sounds like it will help me slow down and force me to take smaller bits. I love it!

You are welcome. The band will teach you many many things. With each adjustment, you have a learning curve. Matter of fact, I decline any invites for lunch or the similar the first week after a fill. it's just to much for me to handle, unless I can order soup. rolleyes.gif I hope that I am getting the "experience" I need under my belt to make this fill a smooth transition. Let's hope I have zero PB episodes!!!

Congrats on that fill Andy! Sounds like you are going to be just fine - you just need to really work on your bites. What I do is what I call the "chipmunk chew" where I take a small bite (which still aren't small enough) and I chew it but swallow the food in like 3 or 4 swallows while the rest is in my cheek. I have a really hard time taking small bites so this has been my solution. I do the same with drinks. It has helped me a lot and then I also don't get funny looks by taking tiny bites or sips.

You are doing great keep up the good work!!