Cheap trip to OCC from BC/Washington

I just booked what I think is a great deal down to OCC. If you need to get there on a budget, Allegiant Air is only $68 one way and $38 return Dec 15-17 from Bellingham to San Diego. I've flown with them before and service was great. Thanks to Margaret on the forum for pointing me towards th Best Western Americana by the border. I just got a room for $56 per night that includes free shuttle to and from the clinic! The FREE shuttles run 8am-10pm every half hour. So the whole trip is only costing me $253 for two days including taxes and fees...... for flights and accomodations! Now if only I can stay away from the outlet mall that is three minutes away from the hotel!

48 hours of freedom, here I come!

Sabrina:)

I haven't had my surgery yet (2/24/10), but my sister-in-law used to live in Chula Vista and I've been to those outlet malls! I hope I feel well enough after my surgery to go, although I don't want to buy fat clothes and I don't know what size to buy otherwise. Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy for the kids as usual. LOL

I haven't had my surgery yet (2/24/10), but my sister-in-law used to live in Chula Vista and I've been to those outlet malls! I hope I feel well enough after my surgery to go, although I don't want to buy fat clothes and I don't know what size to buy otherwise. Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy for the kids as usual. LOL

The kiddo's luck out again! LOL Good thing I was in the dark about these outlets. I would have done some damage.

Hey Sabrina

Pam in Seattle sent me a link to this post. I'm heading down on the 15th and 16th. Your deal is much better than mine, but I'm going so that Dr. Ortiz can try to figure out why I'm having abdominal issues. He's the only doctor that I talked with that said, "Please come down so that I can take care of you." All the other doctors are just running their test then watch me walk out since they can't give me anything definite. Dr. Ortiz said that he can usually pinpoint things in 24 hours that would take months for me to get figured out in the US. So...since it's not just an easy in and out fill, I'm going to stay nearby. I hope to run into you while I'm there. Pam said I'd love you! I also love knowing about that hotel on the border and the airline info as once this medical issue gets taken care of, I'll want a better deal like that! Thanks for sharing info on those deals! Now...if only that airline would extend over to Spokane!!!

I just booked what I think is a great deal down to OCC. If you need to get there on a budget, Allegiant Air is only $68 one way and $38 return Dec 15-17 from Bellingham to San Diego. I've flown with them before and service was great. Thanks to Margaret on the forum for pointing me towards th Best Western Americana by the border. I just got a room for $56 per night that includes free shuttle to and from the clinic! The FREE shuttles run 8am-10pm every half hour. So the whole trip is only costing me $253 for two days including taxes and fees...... for flights and accomodations! Now if only I can stay away from the outlet mall that is three minutes away from the hotel!

You did good,, can you post something on the hotel after your fill. I've never stayed at this hotel. Thanks for sharing this info.

Sabrina,

Is the hotel on the San Diego side of the border? And they provided free shuttle to the clinic?

thanks dawn

My appointment is on Wednesday at 1:30....I am hoping to find out why my port area is still sore more than one-year post-op and hopefully I'll be getting a small fill! I'm going to do some ps consults while I'm there too. Hope to see you!

Hey Sabrina!

Can't wait to here about the PS consults! I must say, I am completely in awe of you being able to jet out to the west coast this time of year. With work and all the holiday bustle, I am so freakin' busy! A two day trip out of town would be awesome. Have a blast and enjoy your getaway with your honey! :)

Sabrina,

Is the hotel on the San Diego side of the border? And they provided free shuttle to the clinic?

thanks dawn

I know they're north of the border, but not in walking distance to the border. If I remember right, the forum had them in a post that said they offered shuttle to the border or to the clinic, but in reality they never came throught with that offer. So we dropped them from our hotel referral list. Let us know what happens.

I know they're north of the border, but not in walking distance to the border. If I remember right, the forum had them in a post that said they offered shuttle to the border or to the clinic, but in reality they never came throught with that offer. So we dropped them from our hotel referral list. Let us know what happens.

Well, I'm waiting until the manager gets in at 7:30am hoping they will sort this out, but Houston, we have a problem! On the phone (both the Best Western 1-800 number and when I called the hotel itself to confirm), they said they had free shuttles every hour and now that I am here they only offer one at 7am and one at 9am- AND it's not free! If you pay the "medical rate" (which I'd never heard of till I got here) then it's free but that's $30 more than the regular rate. Not impressed so far.

I had to go through head-office but I got the "free" shuttle they promised for the $56 per night rate...well, I'll be catching it at 9am. You need to know to ask for the medical rate when booking (don't know how you would know- they should tell you)but it's just over $80 with transportation to any clinic in TJ and $56 per night without transportation. It's noisy here (right on a highway) but very clean, spacious rooms and includes your breakfast and free internet. I'll report more later.