Had my fill yesterday.

Hello to all my forum friends! I had my 5th fill yesterday. It was by far the best one yet! I got an additional .4 cc's. (I have a 10 cm 4 cc band.) I wanted to put the numbers info up front, cuz I am going to get a bit lengthy in the post.

I do have restriction; I got it with my 4th fill. Fills #1,2, and 3 did provide me with a level of restriction that would last 1-2 weeks then *poof* disappear. Which was such a bummer. With each fill I would say, "I hope this is the ONE!" So when my restriction left.....I was sad.

I have decided to stay local for my after care, I see a very nice group of surgeons and staff at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Although none of them are has handsome as the staff at the OCC. LOL I bought into a package deal there. So the first 4 fills with radiology cost 1200. Each addition fill now costs 125.00 so that is a very reasonable fee. The way the package was presented was that 4 fills would be a year's worth. In many cases I suppose that is a year's worth, but for me it has not been. I understand if I went back to the OCC I would pry would have had 3-4 fills. Staying local is my choice and very convenient for me and my family, as I am a mother to a toddler! LOL I don't mind not getting as aggressive of a fill is what the OCC's is able to dial into…well kind of….LOL. Slow and steady wins the race, but the sometimes I forget about being a tortuous.

The gal who did my fill was pretty nice, I blogged about my grr moment, so I won't include that here. I will say that she had difficulty accessing my port. I think she was hitting the edge. She probed around and pushed pretty hard, she really didn't want to stick me twice. I reassured her that it really didn't matter to me. I don't have a fear of needles and it really doesn't hurt. Not to mention the stomach is the best place to be poked anyway. That being said, when she pulled the needle out it was bent all to shit. Ha! After getting another needle, she took a deep Zen like breath and went at it again. This time she hit the mark! YAY! Over all it was not bad. The worst part was the questioning me like I was not being 100% truthful. (Which I will say that I understand, and am actually glad she took the time to probe me further, as most health care professionals treat you more like a ticket with a number on it. NO OFFENSE TO THE HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS ON THIS BOARD.)

As I watched the barium flow down my esophagus and into my stoma then draining into my stomach it was a slower drain! Woo hoo! Fills # 1-3 the fluid went through a lot easier. So it was nice to see it moving a little slower! Eureka! LOL She told me I would be able to notice a difference with this fill.

That brings me to ...... what have I noticed if anything....well let me tell ya. (see I told ya it would be long) I went back to work and fixed myself less than a cup of soup for lunch. I really didn't want to push it. I didn't feel full, but hey it's liquid. I did feel satisfied. For dinner I had a protein shake made with skim milk, water, ice, and banana. Yummo! When I woke this morning....at 4:30....ugh. (Lisa next time I can't sleep I am going to check and see if you are up!) LOL My stomach was growling and talking up a storm. It was sort of weird though cuz it wasn't like I was starving. I made some coffee for hubby and I. One drink and the talking stopped. I did not notice a tightness, but I was sipping so it is hard to tell if I had a good level of restriction.

I didn't eat lunch until 3 ish. Wasn't hungry and I wasn't paying attention. (What! Not eating till mid afternoon…this my friends IS a change.) For supper I had a protein shake with a few strawberries and a 1/3 of a banana, ice, water, and skim milk. Again, I didn't feel full but it's liquid so what am I going to say???

I am excited to unleash my scale woochie tomorrow! YAY! It's Wednesday Weigh in and my first week of staying off the scale. Yahoo! Baby! I have almost done it! I hope each of you who took the challenge have had a good week. I know it is hard, and one of the top reasons I have made this a successful week is the fact that you were doing it with me! So thanks sooo very much for helping me to break a cycle and find some balance. One week down, more to go. If you didn't make it, don't beat yourself up. The new week is about to begin! Which means a fresh start! Woot!

Back to the fill. I will be on liquids again tomorrow. They recommend at least two days of liquids after a fill. So I am following the rules. Besides that it does a wonderful job of jump starting weight loss which I would be thrilled to have! I would love to be in the lower 230's by Christmas time!

This fill has been super easy for me to stick to liquids because I am simply not hungry. I am hoping for the magic on this fill! Over all I do believe this one will get me to a place where I can be content for a while. I say that without being on solids yet. How can I say that, well it's simple? My 4th fill gave me restriction that stayed. I was able to eat more than a cup depending on the food, so no matter what I will have better restriction than I had and the point is I had restriction!

Happy with this fill.

* PS I forgot to mention I was on my period. Started on Friday. Still had a good fill.

• Like 1

I don't have a single bruise. I have not had any bruising with any of my fills. It is really simple. The needles are large but don't hurt. A small pinch and a bit of pressure. That is it.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds like you might get your sweet spot this time. Do you bruise at all after a fill?

I had a frozenish protein shake for breakfast. Made it with skim, ice, water, 1/3 banana, 2 strawberries. Normally I have coffee first thing, but hubby let me sleep in. (We had a mild blizzard and a good amount of snow, so we are all home. No work or school aka daycare) Because I hadn't drank anything warm to clear my band and open it up, it took me a while to drink my shake. I am pretty darn sure I will have a good amount of restriction.

I won't be suprised one bit if the amounts I have eaten before are a long gone distant memory. Sorta looking forward to seeing what my capacity is now.....gonna stick to liquids for at least lunch. Not sure about dinner, but I won't be suprised if I give it a full day of liquids. It's super easy. I may give soft protein a whirl.

Angie!

I am so glad for you and hope this is the "magic" fill. I think your post was AWESOME! I do have a question for ya...Now that you have a REALLY good fill and you are eating less, do you feel that you can loose weight by eating 1200 calories a day or do you think that you have to consume ALOT less. I am STILL after a year trying to figure out this. I know everyone is going to be different, but it seem like when people say you will hold on to your weight if you eat less calories, sometime this is not true for some. I know I can eat say 600 and loose but as soon as I eat say 1100-1200 seems like I STALL and do NOTHING! Then I get confused again, because I will start stalling at 800, ughhhhhhhhhhh it is SO frustrating!!!!

Just curious on your thoughts......

Carrie

Carrie - I am pretty sure meeting that eating 1200 calories will not be happening. Hopefully, *crosses fingers* I have the restriction that makes a cup of food at a meal the max I can eat. I could have this all wrong, and if I do we will see shortly. (proof is in the pudding) BUT from everything I have learned from "those who have gone before me and had fricking awesome results" that sticking to a 1000-1200 calorie diet is not what they have paid attention too. I am not saying EVERYBODY who has had success has thrown the 1000-1200 cals out the window, but there is something to eating less.

I suppose I will have plenty of critics that will say this or that, but we all have our ideas of what is going to work, then we find it's time for a new approach. I've read and read, watched a crap ton of videos with people who have had WLS, belonged to his board and what I have seen is those who hit the mark do not eat a good balanced diet. Sounds terrible I suppose to some, but given the fact that we have had WLS we are ready for a shift in our relationship with food. Even eating a cup of food at a meal, I am falling short of my nutritional needs. I've found that by the time I get my protein in I really don't have room for the fruits and veggie. Or if I do have room it is like a tablespoon. Really....that is not meeting the 5-6 a day requirment.

Recently I had a you tuber comment on a video I had made where I spoke about eating 1/4 1/2 a cup of food at a meal.

JennBand08 (1 day ago) Personally I don't know how you can meet your calorie/protein requirments if only eating 1/4 cup of food. I stay around 1 cup and my doctor is happy with that. I'm glad you are doing well, I hope this fill puts you at your sweet spot. Good luck. ~ Jenn

Right now, I am not meeting a healthy value of dietary needs. I take iron, calcuim with Vit D, NeoCell, and a multi vitamin. *clears throat* See what I am saying? Also, why is it that my very own Dr.'s office that I go to strive to get you to a 1/2 to 1/4 cup of food per meal? I am taking the stance that less is more with weightloss right now. I could prove to be wrong, and if I am I will revise my plan of action again. The beauty of the band is that it is adjustable! Yay for us! The make our pouches small for a reason, add restriction and viala!

Now, I will also say, I AM under Dr.'s care and supervison. I do go in monthly for a nurse visit and check up. I have a team behind me and they are supportive of my actions.

Carrie - This is what my game plan is; I am going to focus on eating well and take vitamins and suppliments. I am not going to count calories at all. Freedom! LOL

Wish me luck girl!

• Like 1

Angie!

That is a big freedom!!! I tend to agree with you because the people that I know think I am CRAZY for doing everything I do, counting calories, watching protien..etc...These people ARE the ones that have DROPPED the weight and if makes me SO mad because I am the one doing it "right" per say....They eat what they want, just a very small portion. I think I am eating WAY more than I need to be at this point and I did call my Docs office back today. It has been enough time since my GB surgery that he should be ok with giving me a fill, just really really scared since I am at 3.40???? I think I am going to get him to check and see if all the fluid is still there???? Thanks for the GREAT reply! I cant wait to I can get to that freedom!!! ;)

Carrie

• Like 1

Angie!

That is a big freedom!!! I tend to agree with you because the people that I know think I am CRAZY for doing everything I do, counting calories, watching protien..etc...These people ARE the ones that have DROPPED the weight and if makes me SO mad because I am the one doing it "right" per say....They eat what they want, just a very small portion. I think I am eating WAY more than I need to be at this point and I did call my Docs office back today. It has been enough time since my GB surgery that he should be ok with giving me a fill, just really really scared since I am at 3.40???? I think I am going to get him to check and see if all the fluid is still there???? Thanks for the GREAT reply! I cant wait to I can get to that freedom!!! wink.gif

Carrie

Carrie - I know people who have the 4 cc bands maxed; and by maxed I mean more than 4 cc's. Our bands will actually hold over rthe 4cc's. (with the tubing and port, wish I could remember the amount but I can't.) If I were you I wouldn't worry at all. Seems more often than not what we worry about doesn't happen anyway. In terms of band speak you have a ways to go before you are maxed out. Besides, the more you have in your band the smaller the tweeks are. You may find that you only need a .1 cc to give you the bump you need.

I think you are on the right track. I know it can be hard to see the same range of numbers on the scale after a real successful run on weight loss. Your body is trying to keep up with your rock star weight loss. Sooner or later your body's gonna win and take a moment. You have been good at changing things up and kicking butt. It may be time for a fill to really throw your body back into some weightloss movement! LOL

I was kinda suprised when you came back last time with out a fill. Understandalby so after an operation, but I though you would have had a fill. Are you trying the local Dr out?

WOW! Congrats on your weight loss this week!! laugh.gif

Thanks for all of that insight. It is amazing how each of our bodies is so individual.

Steph - Thanks! I feel really good. I am excited to see what this new fill has in store for me. Looks like it's another getting to know you period. LOL You are so on the money when you say our bodies are individual. What works good for one, may prove not to be worth a hill of beans to another. I think if we follow the rules and feel our way around we will find what works best for ourselves. I love this board becuase it exposes us to all sorts of ideas and practices.

Yep, I did go to the local Doc last time and he would not give me that darn fill..L;oL because of the surgery. It has been three week now soooo no xcuse!!!.. :D

I actually have to go out of town to work Friday and Saturday which puts me REALLY close to my normal fillDoc, I want to get "established" with this Doc here buttttt dont want to pass the opportunity to to see her either, usually Im 3 hours from her! What to do... What to do...lol

I'm so glad your 5th fill is the "golden ticket". Did you go back to the OCC for your first fills? If so, why do you think they were less successful than the 5th? I'm scheduled for my first fill in early January, and am interested in any FILL information I can get.

Congrats on your progress!!

Katrena

Hello to all my forum friends! I had my 5th fill yesterday. It was by far the best one yet! I got an additional .4 cc's. (I have a 10 cm 4 cc band.) I wanted to put the numbers info up front, cuz I am going to get a bit lengthy in the post.

I do have restriction; I got it with my 4th fill. Fills #1,2, and 3 did provide me with a level of restriction that would last 1-2 weeks then *poof* disappear. Which was such a bummer. With each fill I would say, "I hope this is the ONE!" So when my restriction left.....I was sad.

I have decided to stay local for my after care, I see a very nice group of surgeons and staff at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Although none of them are has handsome as the staff at the OCC. LOL I bought into a package deal there. So the first 4 fills with radiology cost 1200. Each addition fill now costs 125.00 so that is a very reasonable fee. The way the package was presented was that 4 fills would be a year's worth. In many cases I suppose that is a year's worth, but for me it has not been. I understand if I went back to the OCC I would pry would have had 3-4 fills. Staying local is my choice and very convenient for me and my family, as I am a mother to a toddler! LOL I don't mind not getting as aggressive of a fill is what the OCC's is able to dial into…well kind of….LOL. Slow and steady wins the race, but the sometimes I forget about being a tortuous.

The gal who did my fill was pretty nice, I blogged about my grr moment, so I won't include that here. I will say that she had difficulty accessing my port. I think she was hitting the edge. She probed around and pushed pretty hard, she really didn't want to stick me twice. I reassured her that it really didn't matter to me. I don't have a fear of needles and it really doesn't hurt. Not to mention the stomach is the best place to be poked anyway. That being said, when she pulled the needle out it was bent all to shit. Ha! After getting another needle, she took a deep Zen like breath and went at it again. This time she hit the mark! YAY! Over all it was not bad. The worst part was the questioning me like I was not being 100% truthful. (Which I will say that I understand, and am actually glad she took the time to probe me further, as most health care professionals treat you more like a ticket with a number on it. NO OFFENSE TO THE HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS ON THIS BOARD.)

As I watched the barium flow down my esophagus and into my stoma then draining into my stomach it was a slower drain! Woo hoo! Fills # 1-3 the fluid went through a lot easier. So it was nice to see it moving a little slower! Eureka! LOL She told me I would be able to notice a difference with this fill.

That brings me to ...... what have I noticed if anything....well let me tell ya. (see I told ya it would be long) I went back to work and fixed myself less than a cup of soup for lunch. I really didn't want to push it. I didn't feel full, but hey it's liquid. I did feel satisfied. For dinner I had a protein shake made with skim milk, water, ice, and banana. Yummo! When I woke this morning....at 4:30....ugh. (Lisa next time I can't sleep I am going to check and see if you are up!) LOL My stomach was growling and talking up a storm. It was sort of weird though cuz it wasn't like I was starving. I made some coffee for hubby and I. One drink and the talking stopped. I did not notice a tightness, but I was sipping so it is hard to tell if I had a good level of restriction.

I didn't eat lunch until 3 ish. Wasn't hungry and I wasn't paying attention. (What! Not eating till mid afternoon…this my friends IS a change.) For supper I had a protein shake with a few strawberries and a 1/3 of a banana, ice, water, and skim milk. Again, I didn't feel full but it's liquid so what am I going to say???

I am excited to unleash my scale woochie tomorrow! YAY! It's Wednesday Weigh in and my first week of staying off the scale. Yahoo! Baby! I have almost done it! I hope each of you who took the challenge have had a good week. I know it is hard, and one of the top reasons I have made this a successful week is the fact that you were doing it with me! So thanks sooo very much for helping me to break a cycle and find some balance. One week down, more to go. If you didn't make it, don't beat yourself up. The new week is about to begin! Which means a fresh start! Woot!

Back to the fill. I will be on liquids again tomorrow. They recommend at least two days of liquids after a fill. So I am following the rules. Besides that it does a wonderful job of jump starting weight loss which I would be thrilled to have! I would love to be in the lower 230's by Christmas time!

This fill has been super easy for me to stick to liquids because I am simply not hungry. I am hoping for the magic on this fill! Over all I do believe this one will get me to a place where I can be content for a while. I say that without being on solids yet. How can I say that, well it's simple? My 4th fill gave me restriction that stayed. I was able to eat more than a cup depending on the food, so no matter what I will have better restriction than I had and the point is I had restriction!

Happy with this fill.

* PS I forgot to mention I was on my period. Started on Friday. Still had a good fill.

I'm so glad your 5th fill is the "golden ticket". Did you go back to the OCC for your first fills? If so, why do you think they were less successful than the 5th? I'm scheduled for my first fill in early January, and am interested in any FILL information I can get.

Congrats on your progress!!

Katrena

I've stayed local and see a bariatric group at a local hospital. They do less aggressive fills but I have the convenience of staying home and not traveling with a young family at home. My son is 2 and my hubby works some crazy hours.

Okay forum buddies - I am so confused and need some feed back. I had a fill on Monday, where they added .4 cc's into my band. I watched the barium go through the band and by far this was the best fill I have gotten so far. That being said, I am beside myself. Normally when I start back on food from being on liquids I have what I call an adjustment period. A time when I am getting to know my band after a fill. This time, I was hoping for the sweet spot. So far, I am limiting my food intake and have had not one issue adjusting to the new fill. No Pb's or slim. Last night I even had a slice of pizza from my sons birthday. What the heck?! We had a pot luck at work today. I could eat anything. I had chicken and beans, dip on a cracker, 3 cream puffs, and a tortila roll.....no soft stops, no feeling full at all. Oh, and taco dip and chips too. I have to admit, I ate more than I normally do, but I was kinda testing the band. Not one hiccup, or feeling of getting full. No issue with the tortilla. The chicken and beans went down fine. Do you think these foods fall under the "slider" catagory? I've heard it can take a fill a week or two to settle in.....do I need to wait this out. I feel like after 5 fills I should be at a place where my food intake is limited greatly. Any feed back would be appreciated. Also I do not drink before or fast my meals for the standard time set.

Pammie - Lisa - Clynn - Dana - Dolittle - Holly - JazzyJude - Shelby - Sabrina - Carrie - Tootsie_Lou - Trav - Dan - Kristi - Mona-Camille - BrandNewDawn - Montana - Sandra09 - Lisal

Anyone of you guys around.

Hey Angie!

I had my 4th fill back in October. The same thing appeared to happen to me. I finished the 2 days of liquids and was able to eat a whole taco salad from Taco Bell! I called Fill Centers USA and asked if they could tell me how much fill I got, because I was worried that he had only replaced what he withdrew. They assured me that I had indeed gotten the 0.2 that the Dr had recorded. Slowly I have noticed restriction since then. Thanksgiving dinner I was able to eat 4 bites (literally) and yesterday we made Christmas cookies and I actually was only able to manage to eat one and a half cookies. (My head wanted to eat more, but my booty was glad I could only do the ones I ate--haha) I guess my point is, give it a little time if you can. When you mentioned "tortilla" and "chicken" in your post, those are two things I always have trouble with. Tortilla is basically a no-go, and chicken has to have gravy, bbq sauce, etc on it or I tend to have a problem with it. So those two foods especially I would not consider "slider". I hope that the restriction kicks in for you. (Your work potluck sounded delcious! :P )

Hey Angie!

I had my 4th fill back in October. The same thing appeared to happen to me. I finished the 2 days of liquids and was able to eat a whole taco salad from Taco Bell! I called Fill Centers USA and asked if they could tell me how much fill I got, because I was worried that he had only replaced what he withdrew. They assured me that I had indeed gotten the 0.2 that the Dr had recorded. Slowly I have noticed restriction since then. Thanksgiving dinner I was able to eat 4 bites (literally) and yesterday we made Christmas cookies and I actually was only able to manage to eat one and a half cookies. (My head wanted to eat more, but my booty was glad I could only do the ones I ate--haha) I guess my point is, give it a little time if you can. When you mentioned "tortilla" and "chicken" in your post, those are two things I always have trouble with. Tortilla is basically a no-go, and chicken has to have gravy, bbq sauce, etc on it or I tend to have a problem with it. So those two foods especially I would not consider "slider". I hope that the restriction kicks in for you. (Your work potluck sounded delcious! tongue.gif )

Diana - I am so dissappointed in this fill. To be honest, it feel like I can eat more than I was able to before the fill. My husband picked up a stuffed crust pizza from Pappa Johns Take and Bake, I think that is the name of the place and I was able to eat 1/2 of a slice.....crust and all. My hubby was like what the heck is going on?! He has unfortunatly seen me head for the sink for a PB before, so he gets what the real deal is.

Oh my gosh Diana, I was sooo sooo grateful to have my band yesterday, as I am sure it would have been a much "worse" day for me if I had not had it. For me restriction DOES MATTER and I am work in progress. Not having my friend restriction gaven me some much loved and not loved freedom. If I had not SEEN for my own eyes the barium going down slower, I woul think I had not gotten a fill at all.

I called the Dr.s office yesterday to speak to a nurse about it, but have not been called back yet. I'll hang on, and hope that my restriction level kicks in. I will say that the 1/2 slice of pizza did taste good. I have avoided crust, bread or anything of the sorts for nearly the entire time I've been banded. Just recently have I had bread on a sandwich. To be honest, I wish I had more of an issue with eating it. Just tastes too good ya know. I am still trying to wrap my mind around this fill. I hope hope hope it kicks in soon. We have more parties to go to and frankly, I can not be trusted to make good choices when there are sooo many yummy choices. Still pretty weak in that right. That was the point of getting a fill BEFORE THE HOLIDAY PARTIES! Ugh....what is a foodie to do.....reform my ways.....

I am so glad you are still here, I don't see you post a whole lot....I've missed you! ((HUGS)) I love your postive outlook and words of wisdom!

Good Morning Angie! I feel for ya. I have days when I feel like my band is wide open and I can eat anyting and everything. I don't know why this happens, but you may have been having one of those days, despite your recent fill. I'll bet today you are back to normal, with restriction. If you don't have restriction in a couple weeks, have them check for leaks but don't panic. Remember that you have just dropped a lot of weight in the last two weeks so your stomach is shrinking and you may actually need more fill. I'm still figuring it out, but I seem to need a tweak every time I lose about ten pounds. I'm so overdue for a fill but I've been putting it off because I'm terrified of getting too tight again like I did in the summer. Keep us posted.

Sabrina:)

Good Morning Angie! I feel for ya. I have days when I feel like my band is wide open and I can eat anyting and everything. I don't know why this happens, but you may have been having one of those days, despite your recent fill. I'll bet today you are back to normal, with restriction. If you don't have restriction in a couple weeks, have them check for leaks but don't panic. Remember that you have just dropped a lot of weight in the last two weeks so your stomach is shrinking and you may actually need more fill. I'm still figuring it out, but I seem to need a tweak every time I lose about ten pounds. I'm so overdue for a fill but I've been putting it off because I'm terrified of getting too tight again like I did in the summer. Keep us posted.

Sabrina! Oh my goodness you were right on the money girl! So check this out, I had 1/2 a large apple with peanut butter and was full; for my breakfast. Lunch I had tuna with a splash of mac'n cheese. I put it in a one cup container and viala! I was full again. Up till now I have stopped myself after eating 1 cup of food. I was not having soft stops of feelings of being full. Now!!! I am feeling full on a cup of food! How awesome is that!

I am so glad you mentioned the band opening up. Fickle fickle little band! How I love you even if you are moody! LOL I am so relieved! I missed my restriction and was wonder what the heck was happening! I am such a foodie that I feel lucky that it happened yesterday! LOL I ate some very yummy food and had no issues. I always have a concern in the back of my mind about having "issues" in front of people!

So glad hubby decided to go with you. Heck, at that price....why not!? Have a good time and make sure you tell all! PS consults!!!! WOW! I am excited for you. I'll be waiting for the scoop! LOL

Thanks for replying....it was driving me batty. You were right, my restriction returned the morning! CRAZY!

• Like 1

Good to hear. Lucky for me, I only lose my restriction about once a month so I can usually stay on track most other times. Believe me, when I can eat, I do! By the way, this is totally random and I don't know why I thought of it, but do you have an accent?! I feel like I know you guys so it's weird never having a chance to hear your voice! Just curious.

Good to hear. Lucky for me, I only lose my restriction about once a month so I can usually stay on track most other times. Believe me, when I can eat, I do! By the way, this is totally random and I don't know why I thought of it, but do you have an accent?! I feel like I know you guys so it's weird never having a chance to hear your voice! Just curious.

I sorta feel like yesterday was a gift....NOW THAT I HAVE RESTRICTION BACK. ( I know that sounds terrible, but to eat freely when you haven't been able to feels good.) It really twisted my mind though, I seriously feel like I've been on a rollercoaster ride of good fill, what the heck, good fill. Geesh! All I know is I am so grateful to have my restriction back. Hence the reason I was so heavy to begin with, I lack a shut off button or self control on portions. Sabrina you were the first person I had read on here who said, that restriction matters to you. Ditto! It makes a world of difference for me too. I love it, it helps me to feel much more control of my eating habits.

Ya know what Sabrina, I do not have an accent, but you know who does......our very own mynewlife, aka Carrie. She has a texan accent. I get a kick out of talkin to her. I would love to meet all you guys. Maybe one of these days we will cross paths. *crosses fingers*

I am so very glad to have you guys to turn too. I wouldn't know near the "stuff" I do with out you sharing your experience. I remember you posting about having days where your band just opens up. Still knowing it is possible, first hand experience is a real eye opener. Thank heavens I can come here and get some balance.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Angie I was going to ask you earlier if you were from Texas...lol :P

I am so glad that you have your restriction back! I think I find myself eating until I get that "full restricted" feeling and not measuring my food as much as I should be. After speaking with you earlier, it really got me thinking you eating that cup of food and being full. Im with Sabrina, I stay SO confustrated...Omy sweets! ...lol I think I just made a new Texas word. I was trying to type confused and was thinking frustated and made the work CONFRUSTRATED....lol Yes that is me, I stay confrustrated about this issue ;) I am hoping I am having a day like you did and tighen back up tomorrow~!

It was great talking to you today as always! Thanks for being my gab partner all the way home!

Carrie

• Like 1

Yes, I still count on my restriction to keep me on track. I hoped that a year in to this, I would have self-control but my bad habits have been hard to un-learn. If I could just stop at a cup of food because I "know" I should, I never would have had to have been banded in the first place. I admire those with will power, but I count on my band-power. Can't wait to get a little tweak this week. I've lost 20 pounds since my last fill so it's over-due.

Oh dear friend Restrction! You've come home!! Oh Angie, so glad for you!

I pry sound like a nut! Oh good fill, no wait..what is happening, no hold up the restriction is back. HA! What would I do with out you guys! My hubby should thank his lucky stars I have a great forum to turn too. Otherwise he would be going crazy and I would be giving him a headache! LOL

Yes, I still count on my restriction to keep me on track. I hoped that a year in to this, I would have self-control but my bad habits have been hard to un-learn. If I could just stop at a cup of food because I "know" I should, I never would have had to have been banded in the first place. I admire those with will power, but I count on my band-power. Can't wait to get a little tweak this week. I've lost 20 pounds since my last fill so it's over-due.

Sabrina - I know how you feel. I will not forget you sharing what restriction does for you in this weight loss journey. We have so much in common on that front. I really can not tell you how much better I felt in a weird way when you shared your story. Being able to relate to someone made me feel less like an alien. Sometimes, even though we are not all alone, it can feel like we are the only ones in the world that feel or do some of the things we do. I was so happy to know I was not the only one that restriction matters too! What a relief. I hope that I can recover from my food obsession and heal the part of me that is so overboard with food and the like. I've been an emotional eater since I was a child. At anyrate, I think I will always want to give you a huge ol hug for sharing your truth.

I was going to mention to you earlier, but spaced off. If you want to hear my voice, you can listen to one of my videos on you tube. I am getting involved with the weightloss community there too. It is fricking huge! I have made a few vids nothing special. At anyrate you can hear me there. My screen name is faith8412.

Oh and I hope to improve my habits too and have more self control over eating! Time is on our sides! We have the band!