Almost 3 years since banding!!! :-)

Just wanted to say "hi" and let everyone know that I'm almost 3 years out, and STILL LOVE MY BAND!!! I've lost 81 pounds. I have lost it slowly, up until now...seems like I'm losing faster now at the END!!! My original goal was 165. I'm 4 pounds from there!! So, I decided I want to get down to 155 now!! Maybe 145? Who knows?? What I do know, is that if I COULD DO IT, ANYONE CAN!!! Happy Banding!! Love ya Dr. Ortiz!!!

Donna

Just wanted to say "hi" and let everyone know that I'm almost 3 years out, and STILL LOVE MY BAND!!! I've lost 81 pounds. I have lost it slowly, up until now...seems like I'm losing faster now at the END!!! My original goal was 165. I'm 4 pounds from there!! So, I decided I want to get down to 155 now!! Maybe 145? Who knows?? What I do know, is that if I COULD DO IT, ANYONE CAN!!! Happy Banding!! Love ya Dr. Ortiz!!!

Donna

Congrats! That is awesome! Glad you are having success.

Congrats! That is awesome! Glad you are having success.

Thanks Angie!! I love the quote in your signature!! ;-)

Donna

Thanks Angie!! I love the quote in your signature!! ;-)

Donna

Donna - I love that you do your own fills. After you posted a while back, I began looking into supplies and doing my own fills. I've decided that I am going to continue going to my Dr for fills right now, but the thought of it was very interesting indeed.

I am so happy that you are in the drivers seat of your health care and are doing so well. I recently had my 5th fill! WOW. So far, I have not had an issue with eating any types of foods. I am hoping I can get my portions under a cup and continue on. It has been hard waiting to build up my fill level. Right now I have 2.4 cc's in my band. It's difficult when your restriction level is not good keep up the good fight.

I hope to see more posts from you!

Donna - I love that you do your own fills. After you posted a while back, I began looking into supplies and doing my own fills. I've decided that I am going to continue going to my Dr for fills right now, but the thought of it was very interesting indeed.

I am so happy that you are in the drivers seat of your health care and are doing so well. I recently had my 5th fill! WOW. So far, I have not had an issue with eating any types of foods. I am hoping I can get my portions under a cup and continue on. It has been hard waiting to build up my fill level. Right now I have 2.4 cc's in my band. It's difficult when your restriction level is not good keep up the good fight.

I hope to see more posts from you!

Yes Angie, I know exactly what you mean. I've been there. That's why it took me so long to lose this weight. If I had a more aggressive fill doctor, I think I would have lost a lot faster. However....losing slow has been a blessing!! My skin actually shrank gradually while I was losing, so now I don't have a lot of saggy skin like some people get with fast weightloss. I honestly believe that was due to losing more slowly. It got very frustrating at times, but looking back now, it doesn't SEEM that it took that long at all. You will get there. When you get more weight off, it will be easier to feel your port. That is why I'm comfortable with doing my fills now! Best of luck to you!

Donnasmile.gif

Donna,

Congrats to you and thank you for the update! I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing these wonderful stories!

You have done really well and I too think it is pretty neat you do your own fills. I would be scared to death...lol

Carrie

Ps: You pictures is AWESOME!

Thanks Carrie!! You have made awesome progress as well!!! Doesn't it feel great??? The lap band saved my life, and I LOVE it!! Best money I ever spent! I was scared to death to do my fills too. If my cousin who is a registered nurse hadn't shown me exactly how to do it, I would have never attempted it! I would never advise anyone to do it. If you have a good fill doctor, stick with them! :-)

Best of luck on the rest of your weightloss!

Donna

That's amazing Donna. Keep up the great work girl! I know what you mean about goals. Dr. Miranda told me that 166 would be the perfect weight for me. I have 17lbs to go, but I am not sure if I want to be at 140 or 150...only time will tell smile.gif. You look AMAZING!!

Thanks Ashley! You have done awesome as well!! I thought I would be happy at 165, and that is what I weighed before my first pregnancy. Now that I'm really close, I keep thinking back to when I weighed 145. Doesn't seem that impossible after losing 81 pounds! What's 20 more right?? LOL You look great also!! Best of luck to you!

Donna

Donna

Hi Donna! It is nice to read these stories. I am 19 and weigh 282 pounds. I have been overweight my whole life and I am so ready for a change. I will go for my surgery on January 11th. I can not wait. I'm not even nervous...just EXCITED! Thank you so much for writing your success on here! It makes me feel more and more confident about my decision as I read these. Congratulations to you on losing the weight! Way to go! :)

Congratulations!!!

I have had my band a little over a year. I am very close to my goal of 160 lbs., but I have been stuck in the 170's for 7 months. It has been slow go for me too. I keep thinking it will start moving again, but no such luck. I am the only person I know who has a 3-day stomach virus and loses no weight at all. Do you have any tricks or ideas to get the scales moving again?

Thanks,

Kimberly

Donna

Wow! Congrats! It's so encouraging for me!

First of all I have say thank you to Sabrina. I was checking my email, and there was a short note from Sabrina. I have no idea how long it has been since I have visited this sight, but I definitely needed it for the encouragement and to be a part of lap band. Well, I am back. It has been a very difficult last 6 months. Coughing that couldn't be diagnosed, that went into pneumonia, which led into vomiting, which led into strep throat, which led into pneumonia. Long story short, I ate, I vomited, I drank, I vomited. My joke with my husband and doctor was "that I couldn't even lose weight as an anorexic". I now have had a complete refill and I am looking forward to being able to start the process all over again. It is so encouraging to see those of you that say you have lost slow but have lost anywhere from 50-80lbs. in a year. I had my goal set for a 100lb. loss for Dec. 15th, which is my one year anniversary. Now I am happy with my 78lbs. and realize that I have never lost this much weight and been able to keep it off. Again, Sabrina, you have no idea what a boost this has been for me to get back to focusing on the positive. Anne

So happy to have you back!!! My last twenty pounds is taking forever to lose too. I remember seeing ladies at "Weight Watchers" over the years that would moan and complain about having 20 pounds to lose and I would bitterly think to myself, "it must be nice- stop your boo-hooing, I have 100 to lose!!!". Now I know how they felt. It's torture being so close yet still so far away. But alas, I'll take a curvy size 12 over a frumpy 22 any day!

I've been in a pattern for the past three months where I will drop a bunch of weight overnight (up to 6 pounds), then I will stay at that weight (even go up and down one or two) for three-four weeks and then BOOM I drop again. So, about six pounds per month but all in one week with no movemenet on the scale the otehr three weeks....which is why I dread Weigh-in-Wednesday,lol!

If the pattern stays the same, I should be due for a drop next week and then again mid-January. So hopefully (fingers crossed) I will hit goal by then. I'm tempted to aim for 150 pounds instead of 160 but my face is looking older with this weight-loss so I don't know. Hmmm.

Anyway, WELCOME BACK!!!

Sabrina:)

http://www.facebook.com/SabrinaStorey

• 2 weeks later...

So happy to have you back!!! My last twenty pounds is taking forever to lose too. I remember seeing ladies at "Weight Watchers" over the years that would moan and complain about having 20 pounds to lose and I would bitterly think to myself, "it must be nice- stop your boo-hooing, I have 100 to lose!!!". Now I know how they felt. It's torture being so close yet still so far away. But alas, I'll take a curvy size 12 over a frumpy 22 any day!

I've been in a pattern for the past three months where I will drop a bunch of weight overnight (up to 6 pounds), then I will stay at that weight (even go up and down one or two) for three-four weeks and then BOOM I drop again. So, about six pounds per month but all in one week with no movemenet on the scale the otehr three weeks....which is why I dread Weigh-in-Wednesday,lol!

If the pattern stays the same, I should be due for a drop next week and then again mid-January. So hopefully (fingers crossed) I will hit goal by then. I'm tempted to aim for 150 pounds instead of 160 but my face is looking older with this weight-loss so I don't know. Hmmm.

Anyway, WELCOME BACK!!!

Sabrina:)

http://www.facebook.com/SabrinaStorey

I sooo used to do the same thing at WW! :) I would be like oh shut up I don't even want to hear it, but now it is really nice to be "that girl"! :) Glad to see you back Anne! I had a partial unfill as well and hopefully can get back to where I was with this next fill next week. I've got about 10-15 to lose and I am bound and determined to get it off!