Day 21

JaniceBlack

Today is my first day eating solids... I don't feel any restriction whats so ever. I've lost 13 lbs and noticed that I lose a lb every 3rd or 4th day. Not bad but afraid that I'll gain if I go on solids.... :wacko::blink: VERY SCARED!!!!!!!!!

I am doing Medifast and I had the egg's this morning. No restriction............

Just eat the portions that were suggested by Dr Miranda and you will do fine. Don't test the band to see how much you can eat instead see how little you can eat and be satisfied.

It is a big mind game to begin with as we are used to eating huge portions. My advice measure your portion and stick with it and no snacks. Also don't drink with meals. Medifast and a egg would kind of defeat the purpose of feeling full because the medifast would wash the egg right out of your stomach. At this point you should be eating only solid foods and no protein drinks . That is what Dr Ortiz stresses and that is what I did and still do. I eat my protein don't drink it.

Hope this helps

Debbie

• Like 1

Today is my first day eating solids... I don't feel any restriction whats so ever. I've lost 13 lbs and noticed that I lose a lb every 3rd or 4th day. Not bad but afraid that I'll gain if I go on solids.... :wacko::blink: VERY SCARED!!!!!!!!!

I am doing Medifast and I had the egg's this morning. No restriction............

Dear Darling Beautiful Janice,

At this point you will notice that if you watch (and journal) what you eat you will not gain weight but rather your weight loss will probably slow down on solids. I went from loosing over a pound per week to under a pound a week.

Just eat the portions that were suggested by Dr Miranda and you will do fine. Don't test the band to see how much you can eat instead see how little you can eat and be satisfied.

It is a big mind game to begin with as we are used to eating huge portions. My advice measure your portion and stick with it and no snacks. Also don't drink with meals. Medifast and a egg would kind of defeat the purpose of feeling full because the medifast would wash the egg right out of your stomach. At this point you should be eating only solid foods and no protein drinks . That is what Dr Ortiz stresses and that is what I did and still do. I eat my protein don't drink it.

Hope this helps

Debbie

The egg is powder egg from medifast. They have oatmeal for or eggs for breakfast. I was going to try and do the egg or oatmeal for breakfast and lunch the soups and a regular meal for dinner. They do have the shakes also for meals. I'd eat 1/3 the amount I would at a regular meal. Not drinking 1 hr before and 1 hr after meals too.

After the 21 days I gained some of mine back. Once I was back on solids it's like my body held on to every calorie even though I wasn't eating a ton. Don't let it get you down if you do. I only gained a few of it back and my NP was impressed. She told me many folks gain it all back.

Once you get a couple fills in you it will help, but you have just entered what we all call "bandster hell" where you can still eat too much. Utilize benefiber and fiber choice and really get those proteins in - helps a lot!

Good luck!

Glad to hear that. I assumed when you said medifast that you were drinking a shake with your egg. My error

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

It's ok.. this is new to me so I'm just doing the shakes, eggs, oatmeal, soups and a regular dinner. They have bars too but I kinda want to stay away from them right now. I haven't lost anything since being on solids but will keep going. Thank you for all your help!!! I love reading all of the information I can get on here.

Janice

• 2 weeks later...

After the 21 days I gained some of mine back. Once I was back on solids it's like my body held on to every calorie even though I wasn't eating a ton. Don't let it get you down if you do. I only gained a few of it back and my NP was impressed. She told me many folks gain it all back.

Once you get a couple fills in you it will help, but you have just entered what we all call "bandster hell" where you can still eat too much. Utilize benefiber and fiber choice and really get those proteins in - helps a lot!

Good luck!

This is my first reply on this forum so I hope I am doing it right :) I am impressed w/your loss and wanted to say congrats! I have about 70 lbs to lose.. my surgery is scheduled w/Dr ORtiz for next week. Did you go to Dr Ortiz? I am unclear on what *exactly* I am supposed to eat/drink for the first 21 days and I want to do it right (except that I am pretty sure I will have 1 daily black coffee if I can tolerate it...b/c I am afraid my brain will explode and my digestion will paralyze otherwise!). At any rate, for the first week... broth.. anything else? Second week.. what is a "full liquid".. examples? And third week.. is it full liquids plus yogurt, or other soft things too? It would be fabulous if there was some list that I could just look at. Another question I have is about exercise... how soon can I walk hard (hills) and then start running? Will I damage the band if I am doing stomach crunches and working out hard? I would love it if someone could help me w/these questions. thanks. -A

This is my first reply on this forum so I hope I am doing it right :) I am impressed w/your loss and wanted to say congrats! I have about 70 lbs to lose.. my surgery is scheduled w/Dr ORtiz for next week. Did you go to Dr Ortiz? I am unclear on what *exactly* I am supposed to eat/drink for the first 21 days and I want to do it right (except that I am pretty sure I will have 1 daily black coffee if I can tolerate it...b/c I am afraid my brain will explode and my digestion will paralyze otherwise!). At any rate, for the first week... broth.. anything else? Second week.. what is a "full liquid".. examples? And third week.. is it full liquids plus yogurt, or other soft things too? It would be fabulous if there was some list that I could just look at. Another question I have is about exercise... how soon can I walk hard (hills) and then start running? Will I damage the band if I am doing stomach crunches and working out hard? I would love it if someone could help me w/these questions. thanks. -A

Welcome and congrats on your decision! Yep, I had mine done at OCC and I do follow up care here at home. They will give you a bunch of stuff at your surgery, but here is a Cliff's Notes version of it for ya:

1st week: Only clear liquids - gatorade, soup broth, special k20 protein drinks, etc...

2nd and 3rd week: Creamy liquids - soups like tomato and creamy ones like that. There are a bunch of recipes on this site which are great to use! They let you do DanActive during this time too.

Then you are back to solids and the fun really begins (insert sarcasm there) where you just have to feel it out and see what you can eat and what you can't. Until my 2nd fill I could still eat anything so just had to use portion control. Doing the same now I had to have an unfill so i'm just having to do what I can until I can get back in for another fill.

Good luck and any questions you have just ask! I think coffee is OK after the first week but i'll let others respond b/c I don't drink coffee.