Scale problems?

I'm scheduled with Dr. Ortiz Dec 28th. I'm not nervous about the procedure, but I AM nervous about whether I'll be allowed to have it! I've based all of my info (including application weight) on what my scale at home says. It said 240, and now it says 230, actually maybe even a little less. So when Dr. Miranda called, she said I had just two more pounds to lose and I'd be good to go. I felt good about how things were progressing.

But now I'm facing scary new questions:

1. Is it possible for me to actually LOSE weight over Christmas?

2. The bathroom scale at my mom's house says I weigh 235. Did I magically gain weight on the drive over (no food stops) or is her scale just different from mine? Which one is off? If I went to the OCC this very minute, what would their scale say? My pants are looser, in fact, I can take them off without unbuttoning them. But will that be enough evidence? What if I weighed more than 240 all along? What if they don't believe I've lost enough (or anything!) and they move my surgery back? I can't afford to just throw my money away on plane tickets for a surgery that didn't happen.

I've been living on two protein and light soy milk drinks a day and maybe a lean cuisine for a few weeks now. I KNOW I've lost weight and I know I've been a "good girl," even avoiding departmental holiday luncheons and showing up to Christmas parties only after the food has been eaten up. I hate eggnog and haven't had more than one alcoholic drink per shindig, and always a light one. I feel totally prepared.

But what if their scale says I'm not??? I don't know which scales to believe, or even what my true starting weight might have been! And and and and .... CHRISTMAS!

I'm a little freaked out, as I'm sure you can tell

Advice? Experiences? Pretty Please??

First take a deep breath. Your surgery will be fine. All scales are off due to one thing or another. My scale was about 2 lbs. heavier than the OCC scale. Plus you have to remember that you may retain a little water from flying. I did. If your pants are looser then I am sure you have lost some weight. I do not think that they would ever move your surgery back due to weight loss issues. I was supposed to lose 10 lbs. pre-op but lost only 6 lbs. It wasn't even a factor really. Just keep doing what you are doing now and you will be fine. No worries. :wub:

First take a deep breath. Your surgery will be fine. All scales are off due to one thing or another. My scale was about 2 lbs. heavier than the OCC scale. Plus you have to remember that you may retain a little water from flying. I did. If your pants are looser then I am sure you have lost some weight. I do not think that they would ever move your surgery back due to weight loss issues. I was supposed to lose 10 lbs. pre-op but lost only 6 lbs. It wasn't even a factor really. Just keep doing what you are doing now and you will be fine. No worries. :wub:

Thanks!

Turns out I was all freaked out for nothing. I weighed in at the OCC at 230! And that was after takinf (a small) part in the christmas noms and enjoying a bit of the local noms (no alcohol or flour tortillas) I was super thrilled that I could keep the ten off through the holidays! Thanks for your support!

Thanks!

Turns out I was all freaked out for nothing. I weighed in at the OCC at 230! And that was after takinf (a small) part in the christmas noms and enjoying a bit of the local noms (no alcohol or flour tortillas) I was super thrilled that I could keep the ten off through the holidays! Thanks for your support!

Good luck with your surgery out your outcome. It is definitaly worth it!