WEIGHT GAIN

JaniceBlack

I have gain 6lbs since being on solid food. I'm having a hard time with not drinking an hour before eating and a hour after wards. Breakfast, lunch and dinner has really not been a problem. I can't wait for the holidays to be over with!!! I have made 12 dozen different cookies for family and friends and tried to stay away from them. I will be honest I have had way to many!!! I have my first fill Jan. 6th and I hope and pray that I have not screwed up my new life! All of you wonderful Lap Band Family have really been great with all my questions and I thank you for being there for me. I'm so so scared!!!!! :( I just want to cry!!!!

I have gain 6lbs since being on solid food. I'm having a hard time with not drinking an hour before eating and a hour after wards. Breakfast, lunch and dinner has really not been a problem. I can't wait for the holidays to be over with!!! I have made 12 dozen different cookies for family and friends and tried to stay away from them. I will be honest I have had way to many!!! I have my first fill Jan. 6th and I hope and pray that I have not screwed up my new life! All of you wonderful Lap Band Family have really been great with all my questions and I thank you for being there for me. I'm so so scared!!!!! sad.gif I just want to cry!!!!

Janice - This is the beginning of your new life and you are A-OK. Don't stress yourself or beat yourself up. Matter of fact, I think you have done a great job! Making goodies for the holidays and keeping our little fingers off them is very hard. I don't think you messed up, maybe endulged but it is one of the hardest times of the year to stay on track. Take a step back and look at the big picture. You have a band now, once you get a fill or filled to the point of restriction, you will be in band school.

Sharing from my own personal experience, I have ups AND downs. Having the band does not mean I will be successful ALL the time. Over the holiday, I came to report on W in W that I had gained.....ugh. Although it didn't feel the greatest, I have to allow myself to "live" with the band. I personally love all the treats and goodies we have during this season, and I got this band to get healthier, not restrict myself from anything that has chocolate or high calories. Now, I am not giving myself a pass to be a piggy either, but if I want a piece of fudge or 3....lol I am going to have a taste, a nibble, a bite.

Right now you are in bandster hell, where you are doing your very best to keep your portions to a small amount at each meal with out restiction. Soon you will have a helping hand. You will be able to see and feel the difference. Hang in there sweet Janice. Don't be hard on yourself. Christmas is now over and it will begin to be easier as far as food goes! You have your first fill to look forward to now!!!! Get ready to change your life!!!!

• Like 3

I have gain 6lbs since being on solid food. I'm having a hard time with not drinking an hour before eating and a hour after wards. Breakfast, lunch and dinner has really not been a problem. I can't wait for the holidays to be over with!!! I have made 12 dozen different cookies for family and friends and tried to stay away from them. I will be honest I have had way to many!!! I have my first fill Jan. 6th and I hope and pray that I have not screwed up my new life! All of you wonderful Lap Band Family have really been great with all my questions and I thank you for being there for me. I'm so so scared!!!!! :( I just want to cry!!!!

You should call OCC and talk to Dr SO He told me I could drink up to 5 Mins before I eat and I could drink 30 min

after That has really made it easy for me I can follow this and have done pretty good. Hope this help

• Like 1

I also was told I could drink up until I eat and 30 minutes after and it has not been hard at all.

Hang in there and don't beat yourself up. This is a huge learning curve. Just get back in the saddle again and start fresh today.

Deb

• Like 1

I received the same instructions from Dr. So - nothing 5 minutes before or 30 minutes after. I, too, have indulged in the holiday season. I agree with Angie - it'll all even out. It's not Hannukah and Christmas everyday! This year was already different for me. I tried all of the treats I wanted to but I threw out most of them. Prior I would have eaten ALL of the leftover pumpkin pie, etc, eventually, but I just don't want to this year. Though I've enjoyed EVERY BITE I've had so far!

Thank you everyone!! I walked 3.5 miles today and had coffee with the group! I felt so much better until I got home and everyone.. was eating cookies and pie..lol I'm like I can't get away from it and I can't ask them to not eat it. When my husband and I talked about the changes he was all excited and said he would be there for me 100%. He is but then he comes in eating crap and then offers me some. At first I'd say.. remember I can't have any..but now its really starting to upset me...like he is trying to make me fail. But I know that I have to move forward and think of myself for once and do it on my own and with the help of all you guys here. Thank you again!!! I plan on getting on line every day like I did at first to keep my mind focus on myself !!!

THANK YOU AGAIN <3

• Like 1

Thank you everyone!! I walked 3.5 miles today and had coffee with the group! I felt so much better until I got home and everyone.. was eating cookies and pie..lol I'm like I can't get away from it and I can't ask them to not eat it. When my husband and I talked about the changes he was all excited and said he would be there for me 100%. He is but then he comes in eating crap and then offers me some. At first I'd say.. remember I can't have any..but now its really starting to upset me...like he is trying to make me fail. But I know that I have to move forward and think of myself for once and do it on my own and with the help of all you guys here. Thank you again!!! I plan on getting on line every day like I did at first to keep my mind focus on myself !!!

THANK YOU AGAIN <3

Old habbits die hard. I stopped drinking a long time ago. Maybe 10 years ago....and every time I get together with my family, they offer me a drink. This was the first year that it didn't happen. Funny! Only took them 10 years....LOL Now if I want a beer I drink a near beer. At anyrate, our loved ones can be butt faces but in time they will get it. Right now it's like pouring salt into a fresh wound, but that will change too. Soon you will feel like you have the upper hand over food and you will feel so empowered. It is a very cool feeling. Know that changes are soon to come for you and you will feel the victory and success that goes along with those changes. Not only will you be healthier, you will look at food in a different light.

I know I've said this many times, but it has been said many times to myself. Those who stayed plugged in have better success. I come on this board daily for the most part. On vactation, I may skip some days, or if I get sick.. Most of the time I am pretty plugged in. I want to be successful! My hubby is very supportive and all my buddies here are too. I feel very blessed to have such a great inspiration dwelling place to turn to.

I love this board, its members and the support I have been blessed with here! ((HUGS))

• Like 1