2010 - a decade in review

A friend of mine posted a few things on Facebook about the past 10 years.

What sticks out in your life over the last decade?

In 10 years I have moved once, flipped and totaled my Explorer, had a partial hysterectomy, been married 14 years,

gained 4 fabulous girlfriends, started a church, became a child's director, went back to work, gained and lost the same 50lbs., at least 50 times, seen my baby boys grow to be taller than I am, seen God heal my Mom of cancer, witness a sweet 10 year old girl have brain surgery like it was a piece of cake, loved, laughed and cryed. Made a decision that will change the rest of my life. Wouldn't change a thing. (ok, maybe a few). WoW, God has turly blessed me!

What about you...what has happen in your life over the last decade?

• Like 1

A Decade in review aye.....cool!

Let's see...

I moved away from my family to build a life of my own.

Come to know Jesus in a very real way.

Stopped smoking weed! Been 10 years!

Been with my current employer for 10 years

Met the love of my life! (thanks to God!)

Broke my foot.

Had trouble with DVT's and a pulminary embolism

Married Jim.

Blessed with a child.

Had a house build.

Got my lap band!!!!

Asked forgiveness for some pretty rotten things I had done in the past.

This decade I have really gotten comfortable in my own skin. Learned to embrace what makes me me.

I've become more outspoken and less of a doormat.

Made some very good friends!

Those are a few of the highlights! I sure there are many many more, but those are the ones that pop up with out to much thought!

Let's see....beginning with January 2000, my future husband relocated 700 miles to be with me.(we met online in 1997)

My mom (my best friend) died suddenly in April 2000.

Got married in October 2000 and gained two wonderful stepsons.

Daughter got married in May 2001.

Wtinessed the collapse of the World Trade Center while sitting on the highway with no where to go.

Became a grandma in 2002.

Moved from NY to midwest in 2003.

Bought a beautiful house with my new husband.

Daughter had baby #2

Both stepsons got married and added 4 more grandchildren, making a total of 6.

Gained several wonderful friends in my new home town.

Had a total hysterectomy (best thing I ever did)

Two months later went to Mexico for lapband surgery.

Lost over 100 lbs in less than 18 months.

Had cancer scare - remove parotid gland.

Ran/walked my first 5k race and FINISHED!

A decade: (probably leaving some stuff out too)

Moved back to California to be near family

2 of my sister-in-laws got married

brother-in-law married my best friend

My mother-in-law passed away

My grandfather passed away July 2008, then my grandmother December 2009

Had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy with both ovaries removed due to them being really bad and evil (now I am happy) :)

Had Thyroid Cancer and have been cancer free for over 3 years

Been married for near 17 years (will be in March)

watched my daughter grow into a beautiful young woman (14 last July)

watched my son go from a infant/toddler to an awesome 10 year old (will be 11 in April)

Bought a beautiful house with my parents

received a wonderful gift of my lap-band and have lost 95 pounds by the end of the decade.

All in all, I feel very blessed!

Hugs to all,

Kristi

My first nephew was born in 2001 and my second in 2003.

Moved from TX to MO in 2003 to be closer to my nephews.

My dad had triple bypass surgery.

Bought my first home - boy did I learn a lot.

Watched a lot of my friends get married and start their families.

Started working on my doctorate - hoping I will complete it in the next 10 years, but no promises.

Paid cash for my car.

Lost my grandma last year.

Did a Mission Trip to Honduras.

Traveled to Whistler, B.C.

Spent 3.5 weeks in Australia (climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge, did a two day hike thru the rainforest, spent a night in a hammock in the rainforest, held a Koala, got food poisoning and dehydrated, snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef, took two overnight train rides, rode a camel in the desert, took an early morning hot air balloon ride, tried veggiemite (nasty stuff), drove on the "wrong" side of the rode, swam at a waterfall).

My brother got his dream job this year and was able to move his family back home and into my grandma's house.

Had lap band surgery 2/29/08 and lost 82.5 pounds.

Had a tummy tuck and an arm lift and gained a whole new outlook on life.

Have met a lot of wonderful people thru various venues.

Two weeks ago I brought home a 4 week old kitten who likes to walk across the keyboard when I am typing (hope I catch all of her "additions").

The most exciting thing I would have to say is that I got skinny - something I have never in my life been able to say!

10. Been laid off twice by 2 different companies

9. Ended 2 toxic relationships

8. Became USC Alumni

7. Celebrated with my sole sibling when she got married for the first time

6. Been blessed with my first pet in my adult life (Bogie the Bulldog)

5. Went to the memorials of 2 co-workers within the same 4 year span

4. Traveled for the first time on business

3. Have my son move back in with me

2. Went through growing pains with my son as he got his first job, lost his first job, entered high school, having girl friends, changed styles and tastes

1. Went from being a twenty something to a thirty something marked by the first gray hair to having a head that is 35% gray.

In 10 years I have moved once, flipped and totaled my Explorer, had a partial hysterectomy, been married 14 years,

gained 4 fabulous girlfriends, started a church, became a child's director, went back to work, gained and lost the same 50lbs., at least 50 times, seen my baby boys grow to be taller than I am, seen God heal my Mom of cancer, witness a sweet 10 year old girl have brain surgery like it was a piece of cake, loved, laughed and cryed. Made a decision that will change the rest of my life.

Wow! Those are some serious & monumental milestones :wub:

My 2009 Milestones:

Traveled to China

My divorce was finally finalized(!)

Advanced my business, by gaining new suppliers

Had my lapband surgery in Tijuana

1. Got rid of friends who only brought me down and made new friends.

2. Grandmother died in 2004.

3. A dog that was given to my family the year I was born died (also my best friend as a kid)

4. Graduated high school in 2008

5. Realized that to make it through life, you have to keep a positive attitude and be optimistic about the situation

6. Became closer with God and know that whatever happens to us always has a reason behind it...maybe we do not know it or don't understand why it happens but God knows!

7. Made the decision to have the lap band surgery done by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico (December 2009)

8. Traveled to many countries in Central America (Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala)

9. In 2008, I dealt with a whole bunch of drama that started to change the person that I knew. I did not even know who I was anymore. I was psychologically and emotionally messed up due to two people in my life. They put a lot of drama in my life. Thanks God that I got out of that situation and realized that I did not need them in my life. But as I look back at it all, God provided me the strength to make it through it all. Now, I am a much stronger person than I ever was before.

10. Completed enough credits in 2009 to make me a junior in college...when I am "technically" a sophomore :) Taking college classes early in high school has paid off!!

Great idea!!! Wow...lots to think back on you all gave me some great ideas i'm sure i'll miss some but here we go...

- Started and completed my Masters Degree and started into big girl world (graduated from college in '99)

- Moved to NE for my first post-Masters job which was a real eye opening experience - very low point for me

- Moved back to the KC area and made some really fantastic new friends and reconnected with old ones

- Got a new roommate (my brother) and is still my roommate now 3 years later

- The birth of my niece - she is the center of my world and the reason I was banded

- Lost an aunt, uncle and great grandmother

- Was able to be in many weddings of great friends also saw many of them give birth as well

- Bought a house

- Committed myself to a healthier lifestyle and ran in my first race

- Had my 10 and 15 year HS reunions

- Saw my Jayhawks and Celtics win national championships - in the same year!!!

- Met Dick Vitale and Bobby Knight on the same day

- Attended my first Celtics game at TB Banknorth garden

- Went to Puerto Rico, Vegas (again), Florida and of course San Diego and TJ

- Demoted at work but resulted in a great second job that might turn into something more

- Almost lost my brother in a car accident but thankfully he is healing and should be home in a couple months

Here is to a wonderful 2010!!!!!