Putting on pounds

OK, I'm worried... Lost 10 pounds on the liquid diet, but gained back 5 pounds the first 2 weeks of solids. Getting my first fill in February. I am scared that I might have expanded the pouch. I feel very little restriction now.

OK, I'm worried... Lost 10 pounds on the liquid diet, but gained back 5 pounds the first 2 weeks of solids. Getting my first fill in February. I am scared that I might have expanded the pouch. I feel very little restriction now.

Have you changed your eating habits? If so, what are you doing differently now? I did not gain any of my weight back from switching to solids but I was actively following Weight Watchers. I still journal everyday and make sure that my net calories at the end of the day are not over 1,212.

Are you drinking plenty of water? Are you excercising for 30 minutes a day?

You might not have restriction after your first fill either so just be prepared for that. Chances are you will not hvae restriction until your second fill in March/April.

I have started back on sloids. I feel kind of like I did before the band. It felt good when I was restricted right after the surgey. But as the swelling has subsided, I find my hunger returning. I feel almost no restriction. I can eat solids easily. I have not really been increasing my water intake. i will try that and go back to more of full liquid diet. I am bummed that hunger has returned. It was so great that first couple of weeks without hunger. Thanks for the suggestions :~)

Hi, I go tomorrow for my first fill and I did the same thing! I lost 13 pounds on the liquid and gained 6 back. Things are looking better now and leveled out. I think its just going back on Solids and your body getting use to it. I have no restriction at all but keeping close tabs on what I am eating. It was very hard over the holidays but I feel so much better this week. I will keep you posted and please do the same with your journey. Don't give up!!!! The support here is wonderful :wub:

Janice

Hi, I go tomorrow for my first fill and I did the same thing! I lost 13 pounds on the liquid and gained 6 back. Things are looking better now and leveled out. I think its just going back on Solids and your body getting use to it. I have no restriction at all but keeping close tabs on what I am eating. It was very hard over the holidays but I feel so much better this week. I will keep you posted and please do the same with your journey. Don't give up!!!! The support here is wonderful wub.gif

Janice

Yay Janice! You are coming up on your first fill! Let's keep our fingers crossed for restriction ASAP! For me, it was there....then it was gone.

Hi, I go tomorrow for my first fill and I did the same thing! I lost 13 pounds on the liquid and gained 6 back. Things are looking better now and leveled out. I think its just going back on Solids and your body getting use to it. I have no restriction at all but keeping close tabs on what I am eating. It was very hard over the holidays but I feel so much better this week. I will keep you posted and please do the same with your journey. Don't give up!!!! The support here is wonderful :wub:

Janice

Thanks! My fill is 2/4/10. Please let me know how it goes for you. Are you going back to Dr. Ortiz for your fill?

I went back to OCC today for my first fill :) Yea!!

Everything went great!!! :wub: Dr. Marco So really put me at ease and answered all my questions. It was very interesting watching as he put the needle into the port. He said "OK, you will feel a pinch" but NOTHING. (not sure if it really did not hurt or it was because I have so much fat there). :o He gave me 2.6 cc's (YEA)

I will be on a liquid diet for the next 3 days. I can drink water up to 5 minutes before eating and 30 minutes after. That's going to be so much easier!!!

My appointment was at 11am and my flight home was at 6:15pm I didn't know how long it would take so I booked the later fight home. It was so fast having the fill I I tried to change my flight but they wanted to charge me $100.00 so I said forget it. Well, the flight ended up being delayed until 6:45pm Thank goodness for iphones :D

:wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub: :wub:

Janice!!! So glad your time there was flawless! I understand the boarder there can bit time consuming to cross. Good to pad your time! I've only had one fill that I felt a bit of discomfort with. That was due to the gal hitting the plastic around the port. She actually bent the needle all the heck. Really that one didn't "hurt" either. It was more pressure from her pushing.

We are lucky, the stomach is one of the best places to be poked. Padding! LOL

YAY! You are on your way girlfriend!!!!

Thanks so much for the play by play. Please let us know how you feel over the next 3 or 4 days and how the restriction works over the next couple of weeks. I am having my fill on February 4th, then flying to Las Vegas for a 3 day work conference. I will have the weekend off after the fill so I hope any discomfort or problem will resolve before I have to attend the all day meetings starting on Tuesday.

• 3 months later...

Please tell me you felt restriction after your first fill! I was banded at OCC on 3/18, and like everyone else lost weight great on the pre-op and liquid post-op diet but all that stopped when real food came back. Now I am trying to keep off what I lost while awaiting my first fill (scheduled for 5/1.) I felt some restriction right after surgery but by the time 3 weeks went by and I could go back on solids, there is nothing I can't eat! bread, wraps, sushi rice, whatever, it all goes down just fine. If I eat real slow and try to stop early I can eat less, and if I eat too fast without chewing thoroughly I really feel it, but other than that it's as if there is no band at all. I can't wait till my first fill!!!!