Webinar

Did you all get the email about Monday's online presentation with Dr. Ortiz? This sound so interesting and of course just might answer some of my questions about my restriction. I think it is restricted to Dr. Ortiz patients only but not sure. And Dr. Miranda will be doing a session on Thursday about "no dieting" - just what I want!

I just hope they have many more of these. Maybe I will "see" you there.

Judi

We have about 250 people registered at the time I'm writing this. It should be interesting. Just please bare with us this first week as we iron out any kinks with learning how to use the software/interface.

There is also a "Record" feature that we will most likely try out so we can post the videos later for people who weren't able to make it.

Chad

NO EMAIL HERE BUT SOUNDS INTERESTING. LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES

The emails went out to the email addresses the OCC has on record for you from when you first contacted them. MANY people have outdated emails. Large newsletters like that can also quite often wind up in your spam or junk mail folders.

You can also take a look at the Announcement at the top of every forum here on this site and register from there as well.

http://www.occforum.com/index.php?showannouncement=3&f=2

Chad

I'm sure I know the answer but I want to be sure. When we register so much personal information, is that all private? I don't want someone googling my name and finding I'm attending these webinars. I haven't told everyone about this yet.

Thank you,

Jane Doe tongue.gif

Yes, all of that information will be private.

Chad

The audio was a little quiet for me. I had to turn my speakers all the way up. Anyone else have that problem?

THE VOLUME AT FIRST WAS LOW BUT DID GET BETTER AFTER THE FIRST FEW MINUTES

AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CONFERENCE THE SOUND WAS ALL MARBLED

Yeah, I got the marbled/garbled audio for about a minute or so toward the beginning and then it cleared up. It was mostly just a little too quiet for me. We'll work on trying to get it a little louder for Thursday.

Yes, it was fairly quiet the whole time and had some garbled sounds in the beginning and then towards the end, but at least they cleared up. I just want to say that I loved it and can't wait until this Thursday for the next one!! Great job guys, these are really great!

Did anyone take notes on the part about pear shape vrs apple shape having to do with restriction level? I am not clear on that.

I am very interested in this concept as I am very much pear shaped (my jeans fit well in the hips and thighs but gap at the waist in the rear pretty badly) and have had little restriction but I noticed that RevyD (Debbie) seems to be apple shaped in her before pictures (round in the middle w/ model's legs) and she has had great restiction and no fills...hmmm.

Can you tell me how the webinar works i sign up but missed it did not know what to do to watch it. Can anyone tell me please. Iam signed in for thursday.

You should receive an email confirmaion after registration and in the email confirmation there should be a link that you can click on right before the webinar is about to begin and an internet window will open allowing you to participate in the webinar.

I tuned into the webinar last night. It was a little garbled at the beginning and towards the end, but I really got a lot out of it. I had been questioning whether or not I was restricted enough, and the presentation helped me realize what to look for. I think I'm fine. It also re-inspired me and I have a new determination to give up some bad habits and renew my committment to weight loss.

I am so happy that this will be a monthly event and can't wait to hear what Dr. Miranda has to say on Thursday night. Thanks OCC for coming up with this! I think a lot of OCC patients have just sort of been out there feeling like they have questions but are somewhat afraid to make that phone call to get their questions answered. I don't think I've ever felt free to call my doctor in the US. I mean, I could, but one would just be told to make an appointment to go in. It is very novel to me to have my doctor's cell phone number, like Dr. O provides! Interesting!

Anyway, if some of you missed the presentation, sign up for the one on Thursday night with Dr. Miranda. I think you'll get a lot out of it!

The audio was a little quiet for me. I had to turn my speakers all the way up. Anyone else have that problem?

Just at the beginning. Do you know if they are going to answer all the messages. I put several but havent heard anything yet.

I'm so sad I missed it! I have to work this Th night so i'm out. <_<

Chad, can you or someone post when each one is coming around? I'd love to participate in future ones I really think it will help keep my eye on the prize!!

You should receive an email confirmaion after registration and in the email confirmation there should be a link that you can click on right before the webinar is about to begin and an internet window will open allowing you to participate in the webinar.

Thank you will try it thursday.

Yes, throughout the entire presentation for me. It was garbled for a bit but the main problem was the sound. I had it on full volume the entire time and had to miss out on some of the great information because I had to get up from my desk from time to time. :(

The information I did get was great and I look forward to next week's webinar.

The volume was way too low for me as well. The broadcast was garbled some at the beginning and then towards the end. But overall, it was fantastic--the information was very helpful.

Dr. Ortiz is planning on responding to all of the emails and questions. I think it may just take a little time...there were a lot of them :)

They are planning on doing this every month on the first Monday and Thursday of each month. I'll post an announcement on the forum here each month and also send out an announcement newsletter to all of the patients in the OCC's patient database that are signed up to receive newsletters.

We will also be putting a recording of each presentation online for people who miss them. This may take a couple of weeks to organize, but they will be online soon.

Dr. Ortiz is planning on responding to all of the emails and questions. I think it may just take a little time...there were a lot of them smile.gif

They are planning on doing this every month on the first Monday and Thursday of each month. I'll post an announcement on the forum here each month and also send out an announcement newsletter to all of the patients in the OCC's patient database that are signed up to receive newsletters.

We will also be putting a recording of each presentation online for people who miss them. This may take a couple of weeks to organize, but they will be online soon.

I am happy to hear that the recordings will be available on line. I am in the central time zone and often our day begins at 5 am. So we are early to bed peeps and I couldn't say up late to make it.....(does that offically make me old...? Ha!)

I am happy to hear that the recordings will be available on line. I am in the central time zone and often our day begins at 5 am. So we are early to bed peeps and I couldn't say up late to make it.....(does that offically make me old...? Ha!)

Yes...love ya! Don't worry, your in good company. Heeheeheee