My second entry!! :)~

Hey bandsters,

Here it goes! My 2nd entry! Woo Hoo!

First off, I can't believe that in 3 and 1/2 weeks I will be officially banded!!! It feels like just yesterday I made the decision to get the lapband and now im almost there and will be a real bandster! I'm so excited and hate to admit it, a lil nervous. You guys are a big help! I try to log on here everyday just to feel like im not alone in this and it works! You guys ROCK!

For those of you that went with diet option #2 for your pre-op diet.. (Two protein shakes, 1 lean cuisine, 1popcicle and 1 container of diet jello) I applaud you!

I am on day 6 of 21 and STARVING already! My surgery date isn't until Sept 9th but Dr. Miranda told me to start my pre-op early due to my BMI being so high. :unsure: On the days that I work are the hardest! (I work 3days a week, 13hr shifts) so my body/mind are awake alot longer than my days off which = more hunger time. I think that has something to do with it.

Does anyone know why only lean cuisines? When I went to the grocery store to stock up I saw that other diet meals are actually LESS calories and with more food plus CHEAPER! Has everyone just stuck with lean cuisines or are there any risk takers out there? ;)

I bought slim-fast shakes and whey protein powder drink mix. Let me tell you...WHEY is yucky but it's supposed to be better for you and it's only 100calories per serving vs slim-fast 190calories! So for those that haven't started there pre-op diet yet, I would personally recommend them but hold your nose is all im saying! :lol:

It says in the paperwork that we can take 2 Metamucil capsules for hunger pangs? I went to walmart and bloom and didn't find any. All I did find was the powder and liquid kind. Any suggestions and do they actually work?

~D

Hey bandsters,

Here it goes! My 2nd entry! Woo Hoo!

First off, I can't believe that in 3 and 1/2 weeks I will be officially banded!!! It feels like just yesterday I made the decision to get the lapband and now im almost there and will be a real bandster! I'm so excited and hate to admit it, a lil nervous. You guys are a big help! I try to log on here everyday just to feel like im not alone in this and it works! You guys ROCK!

For those of you that went with diet option #2 for your pre-op diet.. (Two protein shakes, 1 lean cuisine, 1popcicle and 1 container of diet jello) I applaud you!

I am on day 6 of 21 and STARVING already! My surgery date isn't until Sept 9th but Dr. Miranda told me to start my pre-op early due to my BMI being so high. :unsure: On the days that I work are the hardest! (I work 3days a week, 13hr shifts) so my body/mind are awake alot longer than my days off which = more hunger time. I think that has something to do with it.

Does anyone know why only lean cuisines? When I went to the grocery store to stock up I saw that other diet meals are actually LESS calories and with more food plus CHEAPER! Has everyone just stuck with lean cuisines or are there any risk takers out there? ;)

I bought slim-fast shakes and whey protein powder drink mix. Let me tell you...WHEY is yucky but it's supposed to be better for you and it's only 100calories per serving vs slim-fast 190calories! So for those that haven't started there pre-op diet yet, I would personally recommend them but hold your nose is all im saying! :lol:

It says in the paperwork that we can take 2 Metamucil capsules for hunger pangs? I went to walmart and bloom and didn't find any. All I did find was the powder and liquid kind. Any suggestions and do they actually work?

~D

I ate Lean Cuisine, Weightwatchers - whatever I could find when I needed it. I also just bought the generic fiber pills at Wal mart and they worked just fine. Atkins shakes are less calories and less sugar. Hope that helps.

you can branch out to weight watchers or another brand, i prefer the weight watchers ones.. try to stick to 300 calories or less, and look for ones with at least 15g protein. from weight watchers i love the rigatoni with grilled chicken and broccoli, its delicious. i also liked the chicken parmesan one, i think it has the most protein of all of em. the pot roast is really low in cal and high in protein too. just check your labels, you want to try to get as much protein as possible as that will help you feel full/satisfied longer.

hang in there :)

I am exactly one week away from surgery - I also started my diet early because of the high BMI (over 50) - I have been trying other lo-cal meals - Weight Watchers "Smart Ones" has a fabulous bacon pasta dinner that does not taste like diet food at all. I have been drinking a "Boost" for breakfast and one for lunch - the chocolate flavor is sooo good (I wish these were bigger) and then the lo-cal dinner but beginning today, I am hitting it hard core with only three shakes a day. I hope I can get through it okay, It will be a long week. I got really discouraged because I started my diet Aug 2nd, and lost 10lbs that first week, but then all of a sudden gained most of it back, even though I was walking nightly and sticking to my diet. Water fluxuation(?) so that was extremely dissapointing - but I am still at it. That's why I am switching to all liqids only for this last week. Such a bummer. I got some walmart brand fiber capsuls that are the store brand version of Metemucial - they were cheap. In preperation for after surgery, I bought some vitamins at Walgreens - they are orange chewable and made especially for patients that have had bariatric surgery - they have higher levels of B12, Iron, and a couple of other vitamins - they don't taste bad either, kinda like baby aspirin. You chew four of them a day.

For me personally the pre op diet was actually harder than the post. I agree definitely you can also do lean cuisine, weight watchers, etc...I also agree i'd stay away from the slim fast that is a lot of sugar. I like the EAS ones personally but everyone has different tastes. I also did the fiber choice tabs for quite some time and they did help a lot.

Good luck to you all that are coming up on your surgery!!! You will not regret it!!!

Thank you all for your very helpful responses!! I am glad I can get more variety instead of just lean cuisines! I will definitely look into those vitamins and fiber tablets and definitely stop with the slim fasts! Day 8 and haven't cheated once, I can do this! :lol:

~Dana