Border Parking for 1st Fill

Hello fellow bandsters! I am scheduled for my first fill this Tuesday and I have a couple of questions. Due to my work schedule, I am not going to be able to stay overnight. I am driving from Las Vegas early Tuesday morning for my 2pm appointment. My plan is to park at the border, walk across, and catch a cab to OCC, and then catch a cab back to the border later that day to go home. If anybody has done this, any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

As far as the fill goes, I know that we need to stick around for a couple of hours to see how the restriction is working. So, for my first question, has anybody just gone down to OCC for the day for a fill? And what were you experiences with it? Did you just hangout at the the center for the couple of hours? I know it is recommended to stay overnight in case an adjustment is needed. Unfortunately, I won't be able to. I guess I am rolling the dice and crossing my fingers that it I won't be toooooo tight the following day.

My 2nd question is for those who may have parked at the border and crossed on your own. I know we are to park at one of the lots found at the last exit before the border. Any recomendations on which lot to use? How far is it to walk from the parking lot to the border/how long does it take to park and then walk across? And finally, where did you catch a cab to take to OCC?

I have read the section on border parking on the border and I am pretty sure what I need to do. I just wanted to get some input and some advice from anybody that may have crossed on their own recently.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Thank you for any advice/suggestions, I really appreciate it!

Dave - DPBinLV

Hello fellow bandsters! I am scheduled for my first fill this Tuesday and I have a couple of questions. Due to my work schedule, I am not going to be able to stay overnight. I am driving from Las Vegas early Tuesday morning for my 2pm appointment. My plan is to park at the border, walk across, and catch a cab to OCC, and then catch a cab back to the border later that day to go home. If anybody has done this, any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

As far as the fill goes, I know that we need to stick around for a couple of hours to see how the restriction is working. So, for my first question, has anybody just gone down to OCC for the day for a fill? And what were you experiences with it? Did you just hangout at the the center for the couple of hours? I know it is recommended to stay overnight in case an adjustment is needed. Unfortunately, I won't be able to. I guess I am rolling the dice and crossing my fingers that it I won't be toooooo tight the following day.

My 2nd question is for those who may have parked at the border and crossed on your own. I know we are to park at one of the lots found at the last exit before the border. Any recomendations on which lot to use? How far is it to walk from the parking lot to the border/how long does it take to park and then walk across? And finally, where did you catch a cab to take to OCC?

I have read the section on border parking on the border and I am pretty sure what I need to do. I just wanted to get some input and some advice from anybody that may have crossed on their own recently.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Thank you for any advice/suggestions, I really appreciate it!

Dave - DPBinLV

When you exit Interstate 5, turn left and go over the overpass. Turn right at the first light. Park at the first lot you come to on the right. This lot is easier to access once you exit the border (pedestrian) checkpoint, and you won't have to fight traffic later going over the bridge to get to the freeway. The first light when you exit the parking lot will be the 5 freeway. Easy! The fee will be $6.00. Walk across the street to where the train depot is and there you will find a walkway to Mexico ramp just to the left of the border crossing pedestrian exit doors. Cross the bridge until you are on the other side of the highway. You will find pedestrian turnstiles to the right. Pass through the first set and you are in Mexico. Walk down the corridor to the right and pass through the second set of turnstiles. You will then be on the street. Cabs line up there at the curb to take you wherever you want to go. It is a short ride to OCC. The cab ride should only be around $5.00. Cabs returning will drop you off in line to go through the border checkpoint coming home. Just tell the cab driver "border" and he'll know where to go. The line can be long, so be patient.

When you exit Interstate 5, turn left and go over the overpass. Turn right at the first light. Park at the first lot you come to on the right. This lot is easier to access once you exit the border (pedestrian) checkpoint, and you won't have to fight traffic later going over the bridge to get to the freeway. The first light when you exit the parking lot will be the 5 freeway. Easy! The fee will be $6.00. Walk across the street to where the train depot is and there you will find a walkway to Mexico ramp just to the left of the border crossing pedestrian exit doors. Cross the bridge until you are on the other side of the highway. You will find pedestrian turnstiles to the right. Pass through the first set and you are in Mexico. Walk down the corridor to the right and pass through the second set of turnstiles. You will then be on the street. Cabs line up there at the curb to take you wherever you want to go. It is a short ride to OCC. The cab ride should only be around $5.00. Cabs returning will drop you off in line to go through the border checkpoint coming home. Just tell the cab driver "border" and he'll know where to go. The line can be long, so be patient.

lovesMaui - Thank You very much for the information. That helps a lot. Thank you for taking the time to respond and being so detailed. I really appreciate it! THANK YOU!

DPBinLV