Too tight? Maybe not? I dunno!! Help please!

Hi everyone!

I was banded on June 17th and was doing quite well. I had my first fill exactly 6 weeks later. I had 3ccs put into my 11cc band - with fluoro and everything looked good. They said it was a little slow but should loosen up after my two days of liquid. It did - and I was feeling like I didn't have much restriction. Although I did feel some discomfort with some of the things I ate after I went back to solids, I attributed that to me being too hasty and not chewing enough or eating slowly enough - my stomach would be growling and I would feel hungry just an hour after eating. So...I spoke to my fill providers here and they said yes, you should probably get another fill - so I did exactly a week after my first fill. Another 3ccs. I didn't use fluoro this time.

I am not sure if I made the right decision. It was definitely tight so I waited an extra couple of days before trying any solids whatsoever. I have had several PBing episodes (but haven't had any at all in the last few days) and absolutely cannot eat food or drink cold liquids in the morning. Coffee (mixed with protein powder) goes down perfectly in the morning though. Most meals I have severe discomfort and have to stop eating, however, it's not consistent - I have had quite a few meals that went down easily and with no pain whatsoever. I am so confused because even when I do get the right sized meals down with no complications or pain, I am hungry again an hour or so later. I have never had that 4-hour feeling of satisfaction that is so sought after. I've been told by some not to worry as long as I can get liquids down that I should not worry too much but this is driving me crazy.

I also haven't had a bm in almost 5 days - even after taking a mild laxative for two days.

I have even gained a pound and a half in the last couple of days. Not sure if that could be due to the heat wave we are having here though - I tend to retain water.

Any advice? Has anyone else ever felt like their band was too tight but was still hungry? Should I go back and stay back on liquids for a week or something?

Thanks!

Misty

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I am kinda having the same problem. The first 2 days I was really tight then I was good for a week so I thought I was good. But the last 3 days I can't eat oatmeal. I would have to think that this means I am to tight but I look forward to reading so responses from others. I hope you start feeling better without have some taken out!

Sounds like you are too tight but if you really want to avoid an unfill, do a few days of liquids. after three days of liquids and u still cant eat a solid meal comfortably, then you might need to get that unfill. absolutely consult your fill doctor or surgeon, or Dr So if u were banded @ OCC.

too tight really really sucks, sorry to hear about your struggles. hang in there.

So,

If I understand you right you can eat some solid meals on some days...? and the band is tight in the AM?...You sound pretty much like me. I think alot of mine had to do with stress..I started a new job and found that if I tried to eat, no matter how slow or how many times, I would feel the food get stuck...so when I am alone and relaxed I can eat...sometimes foods I can eat one day fine...don't go down easy on another day..I consider it all part of the learning curve...I too retain water easy and notice if I drink more water in a few days the added pound or so goes away..currently I am on a holding pattern but am the lowest in 20 years.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Yes, it does seem like I have good days and bad days and some days I can eat certain things and other days I can't.

I got my last fill on Aug. 5 and I wonder since it was awhile back if going back to liquids for a couple of days would do any good.

My main concern is that even when I measure my food (1 cup - sometimes I can finish it, sometimes I cannot) and I stop when I feel satisfied (not full), I am always hungry again within an hour or two. It is so frustrating!

This whole journey is such a process. I still cannot eat unless I have my morning coffee, I seem to have the tightness in the AM and then the rest of the day usually is OK. Some days I am tighter than others. I also think it may have to do with stress too. If I am stressed out, I have to make sure to eat tiny bites very very well, or it gets stuck or I get too full too fast and then can't finish my meal. Can be very frustrating at times.

I'm very tight in the AM too .. and when I don't drink something warm (coffee, typically) eating the rest of the day is a huge challenge.

Also, to gain a pound, you'd have to consume 3200 calories beyond what you burn in a day to gain a pound of fat.

I wouldn't put so much emphasis on the scale, and go with body measurements.

Us (unlucky!) women, have a tendency to panic when we see the littlest change on the scale, which is often, if not always, just water retention which can be caused by pretty much anything from stress to a warm day outside.

:)