ideals for eating

jna

So just a curiousity, what will I be able to eat after my 3 weeks are up. I see no mushy foods, but also remember it saying no mushy in the blender. Now is it ok to eat mashed potatoes and like macaroni & cheese and noodle soups, I guess im not getting the what I can eat after this liquid diet, can someone please help me out thsnk you...

Mushies are not ok during 3-week post op diet. No mashed potatoes, mac n chz, nothing that can't be drunk thru a straw. Stick with it its almost over. I think the Mocha was an ok cheat, much better than if you'd cheated and had mac and cheese :)

I drank espresso during post op diet, I'd go to starbucks and ask for a double espresso over ice in a grande cup, and then I'd pour in my atkins protein drink (dark chocolate flavor). it was delicious and filling.

After post-op diet, you are to follow bandster rules: eat your protein first (4-5oz), then 1/2 cup of vegetables, and if you have room, some sort of starch, ie brown rice, wheat pasta, etc. eat three solid meals a day, take small bites, and chew very well. avoid drinking your calories, like frappucinos or jamba juice as they slide right thru the band and wont help you feel full at all. thats what I can remember, you may want to email dr miranda for more detail.

i dont have any advice about the swelling mentioned in your other post other than it *will* go down. just give it time.

So just a curiousity, what will I be able to eat after my 3 weeks are up. I see no mushy foods, but also remember it saying no mushy in the blender. Now is it ok to eat mashed potatoes and like macaroni & cheese and noodle soups, I guess im not getting the what I can eat after this liquid diet, can someone please help me out thsnk you...

After you 3 weeks are up, I would recommend an easier meal. Something like eggs, or cottage cheese, tomato pie ect. Maybe a crock pot something or other that has been cooked to softness. Get a feel for your band and how you will be eating or chewing. After that you can move on to the harder or solid proteins.

Go easy and work your way up. Best advise I can give ya. Eat slowly, chew your food well. 30 bites....swallow....put your fork or spoon down. Measure your portion, at a cup. Stop when you feel satified not stuffed.

Let us know what you decide on!

Good fortune to you!

Angie

After you 3 weeks are up, I would recommend an easier meal. Something like eggs, or cottage cheese, tomato pie ect. Maybe a crock pot something or other that has been cooked to softness. Get a feel for your band and how you will be eating or chewing. After that you can move on to the harder or solid proteins.

Go easy and work your way up. Best advise I can give ya. Eat slowly, chew your food well. 30 bites....swallow....put your fork or spoon down. Measure your portion, at a cup. Stop when you feel satified not stuffed.

Let us know what you decide on!

Good fortune to you!

Angie

Angie,

Thank you for the response. I know that I am not the one asking questions but as someone that is going on to "real" food in 2 days, I am getting nervous.

Roxanne

• Like 1