Plastic Surgery Consult

LaceyKitN

Hello All,

I realize I really haven't even done an intro. I have been lurking, though! (For years!):)

I am Michelle. I am a 40 year old Mother of 3 (I have a 9 yr old, a 5 yr old, and a 4 yr old). I am 5'7. I live in Washington State.

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez in TJ WAY back in September of 2003!

I started at 372 and today I weigh anywhere between 178 and 180..it just seems to stay there and I can't seem to get any lower..but..I don't seem to go back up again either!!! (THANK GOODNESS).

As you can see..it took me a while to get to goal..well...I don't know if I'm at goal..I'm supposed to weigh 155 but my body has been maintaining this weight for a year.

Anyway, I took the first 150 lbs off..then got pregnant...with Bandster Baby #1..then had BACK-T0-Back pregnancies and had Bandster Baby #2. Went back up 50 pounds during this time and kind of stayed there for a while and dealt with being a Mom to two babies so close in age...also having a 5 yr old son AND working fulltime. The one thing I can happily say is that I kept the 100 pounds off for three years! Up to this point, I had NEVER been able to do that.

Well..about two years ago..I got serious again. I still had 100 pounds to lose. And unfortunately I'm not sure the band was working like it used to but I knew I could work on my exercise and food. So I did.

So like I said I have maintained this weight for a year now and I've been told that I most likely have 10 pounds of skin. So it's time to look into Plastic Surgery. I TRULY thought the Plastic Surgeon would tell me that I'm still overweight and what was I thinking trying to get this done without to goal, first. But a surgeon told me I have skin. I didn't know that. I thought it was fat!

Anyway, I have a consultation with Dr. Nyte in Maple Valley next Tuesday for a Lower Body lift. I will also eventually need my arms done and a breast lift/possible augmentation. It's funny because I've ALWAYS had a problem with my arms and I ALWAYS thought I'd get the arms done first..but then I actually lost a significant amount of weight and I saw what happens to your tummy. I've always had a tummy but you know..I've been told that I could get the pannus cut off. REALLY??? So I think I want to start with that.

My question to anybody who has already done this--what kinds of questions should I ask during the consultation?

Thank you so much for reading my LONG post!

Michelle

Olympia, WA

Down almost 200 lbs.

I googled questions to ask a plastic surgeon about what surgery I wanted it. Found some great sites with questions. I wrote down the ones pertinent to me and that is what I asked.

I also am a nurse so had lots of medical questions I wanted answered regarding OR, drugs and qualifications and experience of staff.

Debbie

I googled questions to ask a plastic surgeon about what surgery I wanted it. Found some great sites with questions. I wrote down the ones pertinent to me and that is what I asked. <BR>I also am a nurse so had lots of medical questions I wanted answered regarding OR, drugs and qualifications and experience of staff.<BR>Debbie

Michelle,

Congratulations on your massive weight loss. I see that you had your WLS in Mexico, and so did I. I had mine last year with Dr. Corvala in TJ.

I am having my PS on December 15th in TJ with Dr. Alejandro Quiroz . He is the owner of Cosmed. The web site is cosmedclinic.com.

I am scheduled to have all 3 of the surgeries that you were inquiring about.

*Lower body lift

*Full brachioplasty

*Breast augmentation with breast lift.

I am a registered nurse and did my homework with both my lapband with Dr. Corvala, as well as with Dr. Quiroz with these 3 upcoming surgeries.

I checked both Dr.s out thoroughly and I am ready to go. I am counting down the days until December 15th.

If you want more info you can provide me with your email and we can go from there.

*****oops after I posted this I saw another post you did a couple days ago about Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed. I know my husband shares the same concerns that your husband has. We will be staying at the Lucerne Hotel post operatively, and that is suppose to be a VERY safe area.********

Marianne

I googled questions to ask a plastic surgeon about what surgery I wanted it. Found some great sites with questions. I wrote down the ones pertinent to me and that is what I asked.

I also am a nurse so had lots of medical questions I wanted answered regarding OR, drugs and qualifications and experience of staff.

Debbie

I googled questions to ask a plastic surgeon about what surgery I wanted it. Found some great sites with questions. I wrote down the ones pertinent to me and that is what I asked. <BR>I also am a nurse so had lots of medical questions I wanted answered regarding OR, drugs and qualifications and experience of staff.<BR>Debbie

Debbie

I also had 3 surgeries with Dr. Nyte, extended tummy tuck with lippo, breast lift and then breast aug. Love the results! And since you're in WA it really makes the traveling easy! Good luck!

I'VE HAD TO MANY TO COUNT ANY MORE WITH DR NYTE LOL I JUST LOVE THE RESULTS. HE NEVER OVER DOES IT SO IT LOOKS PHONY. JUST A NATURAL LOOK

• Like 1