Post-Op Gas Pain

Hey!! I was banded at the OCC on Sept. 10 and feel great, except for the gas pain. The Gas-X strips don't help very much and it seems as though the broths give me gas pressure. Has anyone experienced this and do you have any good remedies? Thanks!!! :D

hi mark congrats on surgery going well, glad gas pain is your biggest concern right now. i believe every single one of us experienced discomfort from gas post-op. remedies include walking, hot water bottle on tummy, gas-x, hot tea with lemon. gas-x was most effective for me, but since thats not working for you, try walking a bit.

just remember no remedy is going to take the gas discomfort away completely, its a normal expected side effect of lap surgery procedures.

and if the broth is making you gassy, could it be the way youre sipping it, or could it be too rich of a broth?

I met a new friend that was banded the same day as I was. She had very bad gas pains post op. All of the OCC doctors said that Gas X really doesn't work. She did put a heating pad on her tummy and that was NOT a good thing to do. It melted the glue from one of her incisions and it opened up! The OCC docs told her no warm pads on the tummy! Walking is what is recommended.

Walk alot and put your hands above your head and move them around. This movement really helps to make you belch and pass gas

question for you - I don't even get banded for antoher week and I hope I don't need a tummy tuck ... but

1) what makes some people need one and not others

2) I understand that is a brutal procedure withe the huge incision etc - is that true?

I beleive that the need for tummy tuck and other procedures is the elasticity in your skin, the exercise and the amount of weight you need to lose and how fast you lose it.

• 2 weeks later...