Partial Unfill and SO HAPPY!

Ok, so I'm 7 months preggo and had made the decision to keep my fill as is. Well, little did I know that with the baby pushing up on the band I would begin to have the TERRIBLE heartburn. But as hard headed as I am I just got a huge bottle of Pepcid and was dealing with it. Also over the course of the last few months I have completely eliminated most meats from my diet because they get stuck no matter how much I chew.

I REALLY REALLY did not want to cross into Mexico while I'm pregnant so I figured I would just deal with it. So I was eating lunch the other day at a meeting and one of our surgeons here at the hospital asked me why I was picking out the meat from my food--he had noticed it a few weeks prior as well. (he knows I have a lapband). So I told him because I'm too tight. He told me I should have some taken out and I told him I don't want to go to Mexico and I don't want to pay the $500 deductible on my insurance to do it here.

So he said, "my cousin does fills, here is his card I will tell him to take care of you." So today I stopped by his office to make an appointment and he saw me right then and there and took out 1cc for me. He told me that he will be happy to fill/unfill as needed til I have the baby.

Then when I went to leave I asked the receptionist how much I owe and she said "nothing, we will just file your insurance and if they pay, they pay...if not then at least you have something toward your deductible and they can pay us next time you come in" I was so happy I could cry!!!! What a great day! Maybe now I can eat breakfast! Maybe I can eat dinner without jumping around to get eat bite to go down!!!!

So I've gained only 8 lbs so far and my goal for the pregnancy is 15-18. Wish me luck!!! :)) Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been around too much cuz I've been busy on my pregnancy board ;)))

Ok, so I'm 7 months preggo and had made the decision to keep my fill as is. Well, little did I know that with the baby pushing up on the band I would begin to have the TERRIBLE heartburn. But as hard headed as I am I just got a huge bottle of Pepcid and was dealing with it. Also over the course of the last few months I have completely eliminated most meats from my diet because they get stuck no matter how much I chew.

I REALLY REALLY did not want to cross into Mexico while I'm pregnant so I figured I would just deal with it. So I was eating lunch the other day at a meeting and one of our surgeons here at the hospital asked me why I was picking out the meat from my food--he had noticed it a few weeks prior as well. (he knows I have a lapband). So I told him because I'm too tight. He told me I should have some taken out and I told him I don't want to go to Mexico and I don't want to pay the $500 deductible on my insurance to do it here.

So he said, "my cousin does fills, here is his card I will tell him to take care of you." So today I stopped by his office to make an appointment and he saw me right then and there and took out 1cc for me. He told me that he will be happy to fill/unfill as needed til I have the baby.

Then when I went to leave I asked the receptionist how much I owe and she said "nothing, we will just file your insurance and if they pay, they pay...if not then at least you have something toward your deductible and they can pay us next time you come in" I was so happy I could cry!!!! What a great day! Maybe now I can eat breakfast! Maybe I can eat dinner without jumping around to get eat bite to go down!!!!

So I've gained only 8 lbs so far and my goal for the pregnancy is 15-18. Wish me luck!!! :)) Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been around too much cuz I've been busy on my pregnancy board ;)))

awesome news. congrats and keep up the great effort