Nervous Nellie

Sitting at the hotel tonight (9/13) with nothing else on my mind but the impending surgery tomorrow....sometimes I feel selfish for spending the money on myself and not my family. Always wondering if I am doing the right thing but so eager to feel better about ME!

Don't feel selfish. This is absolutely the best thing that you can do for yourself and your family. This tool will help you become more healthy and therefore you will love longer and your family will enjoy you more.

Like the saying goes " If mama ain't happy , anin't nobody happy."

Think of this as getting happy girl :)

Tomorrow is the first day of your new life. Sleep well and be happy.

Debbie

Sitting at the hotel tonight (9/13) with nothing else on my mind but the impending surgery tomorrow....sometimes I feel selfish for spending the money on myself and not my family. Always wondering if I am doing the right thing but so eager to feel better about ME!

DO NOT FEEL SELFISH and yes I am yelling that. For you to get better makes your whole family better. This will just improve each and every aspect of your lives. Stay strong and happy

Debbie, you are a doll! I did sleep well up a little early and feeling better about everything this morning than I did last night. I look forward to a new life and have a great group of friends and family to support me.

Blessings to you!!

Don't feel selfish. This is absolutely the best thing that you can do for yourself and your family. This tool will help you become more healthy and therefore you will love longer and your family will enjoy you more.

Like the saying goes " If mama ain't happy , anin't nobody happy."

Think of this as getting happy girl :)

Tomorrow is the first day of your new life. Sleep well and be happy.

Debbie

Thanks Canuk, I think it is that kind of thinking and action that got me here in the first place. My future is much brighter doing something about it now rather than later. I come from a VERY obese family and looking at that as my future is what made me brave enough to get this far.

Thanks for your words of encouragement!!

DO NOT FEEL SELFISH and yes I am yelling that. For you to get better makes your whole family better. This will just improve each and every aspect of your lives. Stay strong and happy

Thanks Canuk, I think it is that kind of thinking and action that got me here in the first place. My future is much brighter doing something about it now rather than later. I come from a VERY obese family and looking at that as my future is what made me brave enough to get this far.

Thanks for your words of encouragement!!

Surgery day WOO HOO you have to be soooo excited. Looking forward to hearing from you after surgery. Keep us informed on your progress :-)

I often feel these same pains of guilt. But of course it's not more then the guilt I feel for being so over weight anyway. Plus the fear of my health deteriorating. You know all of this, but also know you aren't alone.

Lisa

selfish?? LOL silly you. I also thought, I should really be investing in a new car instead of doing this. But I thought long and hard at the investment... invest in transportation or my health. My health took priority. Your family should be happy to know that they will have a healthy YOU. Congratz on getting banded. You're probably groggy right now from the happy juice... <3

Back at the hotel after being the first one to go in this morning...had a little tiny meltdown but I am so over that thanks to my friend Karen who is with me, she got her gastric band a year ago and has lost 70 pounds! I am really sore in the port area, actually more sore than I expected but nothing that is intolerable or can't be easied by a good long nap.

Is it important to drink the 8 classes of water right out of surgery or do I just drink what I can....it's all liquids anyway so does it matter how many of them I drink? I prefer water to all the other stuff on the list although the Cranberry Juice isn't bad.

Met three additional ladies having procedures done today, one was supposed to be getting an old unfillable lap band removed that she had done in Texas years ago and was supposed to have the gastric sleeve to replace that. They opened her removed the band and closed her up without doing her procedure. Needless to say she was crying and disappointed and is unsure what the next step for her will be. Her name is Shari Adams form Lindale TX and her email address is osharilee@earthlink.net if you find it in your heart to send her an uplifting note.

I'm thankful for all of your support in my new adventure I am coming around the bend to feeling really good about the decision I have made....no more guilt.

MUAH!!!

Back at the hotel after being the first one to go in this morning...had a little tiny meltdown but I am so over that thanks to my friend Karen who is with me, she got her gastric band a year ago and has lost 70 pounds! I am really sore in the port area, actually more sore than I expected but nothing that is intolerable or can't be easied by a good long nap.

Is it important to drink the 8 classes of water right out of surgery or do I just drink what I can....it's all liquids anyway so does it matter how many of them I drink? I prefer water to all the other stuff on the list although the Cranberry Juice isn't bad.

Met three additional ladies having procedures done today, one was supposed to be getting an old unfillable lap band removed that she had done in Texas years ago and was supposed to have the gastric sleeve to replace that. They opened her removed the band and closed her up without doing her procedure. Needless to say she was crying and disappointed and is unsure what the next step for her will be. Her name is Shari Adams form Lindale TX and her email address is osharilee@earthlink.net if you find it in your heart to send her an uplifting note.

I'm thankful for all of your support in my new adventure I am coming around the bend to feeling really good about the decision I have made....no more guilt.

MUAH!!!

Glad to hear things went well for you. Make sure you have some type of vitamin/protein water/liquid. The restaurant (sombero) down the street from the Marriot serve a delicious chicken soup that I had them just skim off the broth for me. They were extremely responsive to doing what I needed. Then my companion got to eat a delicious meal.