Fills: more than 8cc's?

kat03

I have had more than 8cc in my lap band but it was way too tight, so i had all but 7 removed and that's where i've stayed

I have 8cc's in my 11cc band. Does anyone have more than 8 in their band? My weightless has stopped but I'm reading 8cc's is normally the most one can go. Anyone have more than 8cc's??

Thx

I have 8cc's in my 11cc band. Does anyone have more than 8 in their band? My weightless has stopped but I'm reading 8cc's is normally the most one can go. Anyone have more than 8cc's??

Thx

I received 7cc on my first fill. I think that it depends which band you have. Dr. So said he would take me to 8.5cc next fill.

here's the link to set up your weight loss ticker: http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=3

when you're done it will give you a link. paste that link into your occ forum signature. it will update and appear automatically every time you post.

re: fills

i was at 8.0 cc for 3 months. i hadnt lost any weight in the last two months, was hungry between meals, etc so i went to OCC this past weekend. dr acosta emptied my band, said there was 7.0 in the syringe but the other cc could still be in band or tubing. anyway he added 1.2cc so technically i am at 9.2 ccs. ive been babying it, only had three solid meals since then, but seems to be fine. i can eat just fine, and am no longer starving 2 hours after i eat. so, it appears, its working correctly. i can still eat tortillas rice and pasta, but i continue to abstain from them ;)

i think it might get hard when im on my TOM as thats when i tend to be tight, but for hte other 23 days of the month i think its a good level of fill.

are you getting hungry between meals?

Yes, I do get hungry between meals, but I've been eating less than what I normally would. My band weight was 185 almost a year ago. Since then, I've lost 20 pounds, but the weight loss has stopped. I have NO PROBLEM eating breads, rice, pasta....so I'm hoping another cc will provide more restriction and more weight loss. 20 down - 20 to go!

here's the link to set up your weight loss ticker: http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=3

when you're done it will give you a link. paste that link into your occ forum signature. it will update and appear automatically every time you post.

re: fills

i was at 8.0 cc for 3 months. i hadnt lost any weight in the last two months, was hungry between meals, etc so i went to OCC this past weekend. dr acosta emptied my band, said there was 7.0 in the syringe but the other cc could still be in band or tubing. anyway he added 1.2cc so technically i am at 9.2 ccs. ive been babying it, only had three solid meals since then, but seems to be fine. i can eat just fine, and am no longer starving 2 hours after i eat. so, it appears, its working correctly. i can still eat tortillas rice and pasta, but i continue to abstain from them ;)

i think it might get hard when im on my TOM as thats when i tend to be tight, but for hte other 23 days of the month i think its a good level of fill.

are you getting hungry between meals?

Hi , I have 8.1 cc's in my 11cc band. When I got my last fill, I don't even remember how long ago I thought it was too tight I was p'bing more than I ever had with the band. I thought about taking some out but I didn't I started chewing slower and babying my bans a lot more. I am starting to see the restriction loosen, so i will be getting a fill soon. But having eight or more cc's depends on the person. Some people have up to 11ccs and still have no restriction.

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke with Dr. So today on the phone and he said the highest anyone should really go with the 11 cc band is 8.5 or 9 ccs. He mentioned that most people have the perfect amount of restriction by then. I am at 6 ccs and still have 45 lbs to lose so I'm hoping only having 2 ccs to go will do it for me. I will be getting a fill within the next month or so and I will probably only have 1 cc added.

I have 10.4 in my band. Have lost only 10 pounds since 12/09. I wanted to lose 50 pounds. The band is a failure for me. I really feel very little restriction, even at 10.4. All my fills were under flouro, the band is in good position and the pouch is not distended. I eat hard protein, which goes down pretty easily as long as I chew well. I have spent over $3ooo.oo on fills, of which I have had 12 fill appointments. I am going to contact Dr. Ortiz and see what he suggests. I think I will return to OCC to see if they can figure out why I am not feeing restriction, why my portions are not restricted to allow weight loss. I can eat just about anything, including bread, rolls, toast, pasta steak, chicken... whatever I want really. It's probably me, not the band. Maybe I just don't really get what the band is supposed to do. I thought it would prevent me from eating larger amounts. That only happened right after the fills. By a week later, I could just about eat what I wanted. If I had stayed as restricted as I had been after the fills, I think I would have had success. It just seems like my stomach adjusted to the restriction and that was that!

I have 10.4 in my band. Have lost only 10 pounds since 12/09. I wanted to lose 50 pounds. The band is a failure for me. I really feel very little restriction, even at 10.4. All my fills were under flouro, the band is in good position and the pouch is not distended. I eat hard protein, which goes down pretty easily as long as I chew well. I have spent over $3ooo.oo on fills, of which I have had 12 fill appointments. I am going to contact Dr. Ortiz and see what he suggests. I think I will return to OCC to see if they can figure out why I am not feeing restriction, why my portions are not restricted to allow weight loss. I can eat just about anything, including bread, rolls, toast, pasta steak, chicken... whatever I want really. It's probably me, not the band. Maybe I just don't really get what the band is supposed to do. I thought it would prevent me from eating larger amounts. That only happened right after the fills. By a week later, I could just about eat what I wanted. If I had stayed as restricted as I had been after the fills, I think I would have had success. It just seems like my stomach adjusted to the restriction and that was that!

I just came home from my 3rd fill at the OCC and went from 8cc's to 9.3 cc's. Boy, do I have restriction now!! I've lost 4 pounds in 2 days! I'm sorry to hear the band is not working for you. I asked Dr. So about the other options they now have the OCC, and he mentioned one that works like a bypass, but they actually fold up and stable your stomach so you only have a small pouch, much like a bypass, except it's totally reversible. He said it's for those that are not successful with the band. It could be an option to explore. I hope things work out for you.

I just came home from my 3rd fill at the OCC and went from 8cc's to 9.3 cc's. Boy, do I have restriction now!! I've lost 4 pounds in 2 days! I'm sorry to hear the band is not working for you. I asked Dr. So about the other options they now have the OCC, and he mentioned one that works like a bypass, but they actually fold up and stable your stomach so you only have a small pouch, much like a bypass, except it's totally reversible. He said it's for those that are not successful with the band. It could be an option to explore. I hope things work out for you.

Well, I feel better that you have a higher fill like me. I see the blogs where people never even had a fill and have lost a lot of weight. I am considering going back to OCC to see if they can figure out what to do with me. Maybe I just need the band filled more. All I know is, I am really disappointed. Let me know if the restriction stays for you. Mine was restricted for the first 3 or 4 days at 10.4cc, then the restriction seemd to lessen a lot. I can't say I do not have any restriction, but it's not enough to lessen my portion size to what it needs to be for weight loss. I do not eat between meals and I eat hard protein. I think the gastric plication procedure is more for people that have problem with the band more so than that the band is not restrictive enough. I think my only option at this point is to go back to OCC and see what they can do to help. Thanks and best wishes for your continued weight loss!