Once you have reached your goal weight.

I was just wondering how the people who have reached their goal weight have been dealing with maintenance. Have you been unfilled or do you still work the the fill that got you to goal? I am just curious because I am not sure if eating more will stretch your pouch or cause any harm to your band. Do you have any suggestions for people who are close to reaching their goal?

Thanks,

Ash

I'm well beyond my goal weight (it was 155lbs) but I'm not caring anymore in terms of the scale.

My weight (specifically, my bodyfat) is still dropping, which is a slight concern for me, so I may end up getting a bit of an unfill .. but other than that, just go with the flow.

If you feel like you're getting enough calories in a day, just keep things as is. :)

PS I'm so jealous you still have your boobs! I have nothing!

I'm well beyond my goal weight (it was 155lbs) but I'm not caring anymore in terms of the scale.

My weight (specifically, my bodyfat) is still dropping, which is a slight concern for me, so I may end up getting a bit of an unfill .. but other than that, just go with the flow.

If you feel like you're getting enough calories in a day, just keep things as is. :)

PS I'm so jealous you still have your boobs! I have nothing!

Lol, Linds, I actually went up a cup size after dropping 80 lbs. Don't ask me how that happened. It is a good and a bad thing. I do have a lot of back pain now because my waist is so much smaller than they are. I am going in for a fill on Saturday because I have been eating sooo much. I feel like I am eating more than half as what I used to before being banded so I am due for a fill. I am a few pounds away from the goal weight Dr. Miranda set for me and want to lose maybe 20 more. I hope this fill helps me get there, but I do also have to admit I need to up my exercising. You look amazing girl. It feels great, huh? Keep it up!!

Lol, Linds, I actually went up a cup size after dropping 80 lbs. Don't ask me how that happened. It is a good and a bad thing. I do have a lot of back pain now because my waist is so much smaller than they are. I am going in for a fill on Saturday because I have been eating sooo much. I feel like I am eating more than half as what I used to before being banded so I am due for a fill. I am a few pounds away from the goal weight Dr. Miranda set for me and want to lose maybe 20 more. I hope this fill helps me get there, but I do also have to admit I need to up my exercising. You look amazing girl. It feels great, huh? Keep it up!!

So I've been at my goal for a little over a year now. No unfill. I eat regularly like I did when loosing. I just sort of stopped loosing. I have to admit to a glass of wine here and there and a bite of chocolate now and then. I don't weigh myself but once a week and have a 5 lb range that I allow myself to fluctuate in. If I get to the top, I just watch what I eat for the next week and up my activity a little. Has been pretty easy so far. Enjoy your new body!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fellow lapbanders!

I had my lapband inserted one year ago exactly and hit my target weight last month. Total lost: 85 pounds. I plan on keeping the band and the fills exactly as they are since they help to keep me honest! lol

I go to the gym four times/week, walk daily and ride my bike three or four times/week. I'm big on protein & veggies and low on bad carbs.

It's all working and I'm so thrilled to feel fit and healthy again.

Bottom line..if I can do it..anyone can. I was (and probably still am) a food-a-holic.

The lapband gave me the tools to turn my life around.

^o^

• 3 months later...

when you reach to your weight goal. you will have to plan your daily routine on same pateren.Otherwise all your efforts prove fail.you will have to do right same exercise for the maintiance of weight.

Once I reached my goal weight I was no longer allowed fills. I passed the weight I was given by Dr. Miranda and because I want to continue losing more weight I must do it by changing up my exercise plan.