The spam in here?

I don't know what is going on with all of the crap in here. Every time I come in it is only posts from spammers and very very few posts from bandsters. I think I will cease with this site as the other band sites don't seem to have the same problem? Good luck to you all. Nita

Nita,

You are right there has been a marked increase in spam in the forum. Most I believe are placed by scripts that have acquired the address and as soon as one post is deleted the script then adds a new post and then multiples. A more aggressive approach is in the works to quell this activity.

The goal is to have a spam free board. Lori is working with the tech to address the issue and will advise as needed.

Thank you for your concern! Kevin

Nita,

You are right there has been a marked increase in spam in the forum. Most I believe are placed by scripts that have acquired the address and as soon as one post is deleted the script then adds a new post and then multiples. A more aggressive approach is in the works to quell this activity.

The goal is to have a spam free board. Lori is working with the tech to address the issue and will advise as needed.

Thank you for your concern! Kevin

Part of the reason we are getting more spam is because we are trying to get our forum "out there". We are doing more advertising for our forum so it pops up easily on a web search. I am working closely with our webmaster to see if we can block IP addresses. We do block spammer names, but they just get a new name. Please don't desert us!! Then the spammers win.

Part of the reason we are getting more spam is because we are trying to get our forum "out there". We are doing more advertising for our forum so it pops up easily on a web search. I am working closely with our webmaster to see if we can block IP addresses. We do block spammer names, but they just get a new name. Please don't desert us!! Then the spammers win.

Lori,

Is there any way to require a new user to wait for a password to be sent to their e-mail address before they can log in? That way at least we know it's an actual person who has to take the time to check their e-mail, then log in and change their password to one of their choosing before posting.

That little bit of hastle might really cut down on SPAM posts.