Getting back on Track with my Eating...

I have gained about 18 pounds over the last year. I have had some trouble with my band but most of it has been emotional eating and lack of disipline. I am back on track, day two. I am posting this here because I find when I need help this is the place to come to. Went to OCC last week and they looked at my band and said everything was perfect. I have .6 in my 4 cc band but do have the 'funnel' effect, so all is well, I just need to do my part. In the past I have had my band up to 2.5 or so, but found 2.2 was really great for losing, but I did have some symptoms. This way I have minimal restriction and have to depend on my habits and lifestyle more. My husband was banded on Oct 15. I think that will help as well as there will be better food choices in the house and less eating out. Here goes!!

Having hubby banded will definately help! I was banded 3/18 and did great. . .at first. . .lost 35 of the 65 lbs I need to, but then summer and bad habits (beach, boat & booze!) brought it to a screeching halt. Hubby was banded 6 weeks ago and it's definately gotten me back on track!!

This is all very encouraging. Thank you. The funnel effect is when they are watching on the screen and you drink the 'milkshake' and it form a funnel shape and then goes down through the band slowly and does not gurgle back up at all.

I did really good day before yesterday but not so good yesterday. I think I have to give up sugar completely. Check that I KNOW I have to give up sugar. It is my trigger to graze. Dr Ortiz says as long as I go back to 3 meals a day and a couple healthy snacks if I need them I will be ok.

I am off to the gymm now! Have a great day everyone!

Thank you for reminding us that the band is not a panecea. We need to use the tool to reach our goal. I too have had some problems keeping on track. I had a mental adjustment when I returned for my 2nd fill and realized I need be active on this site.

Paul

Ya, it is amazing how being accountable to our cyber friends can motivate us. I weighed myself today and had a loss...glad to see that! It was very motivating. Hubby is on full fluids now and the hunger has set in. He is very restless. I have noticed how self indulgent I have become when it comes to eating things that have no nutritional value. I am smarter than that so I don't understand why I continue to make the same mistakes day after day. I am really analyzing what I am eating now, that seems to help in building back up my confidence. I have never been a person who could write down everything I eat...it just makes my want more! lol.