HELP!!

I went for my second fill on labor day weekend. I was soo excited because alot of people said this is when they really started losing the weight. I have only lost about 5-7 lbs since then. I am so frustrated. I feel like I am eating well. I haven't been able to exercise due to pulling my mcl in my knee. I still have a couple more weeks before I can really do anything. I am drinking water. etc. Sometimes I think I am too tight. I have food that gets stuck often and definitely have certain foods I can't eat.....Not for sure where to go from here. Do i just need to give it time?????? Very Frustrated....Thanks for your input/experiences...

How are you getting your fills done?

(Blind, flouro?)

And usually, for us 'blind' fill peoples, it can take up to 10 fills, depending on the size of your band.

Baby steps ...

I didn't feel any real restriction until my 4th fill.

But I had started losing weight, because i started working out and cleaned up my diet.

If you have the feeling of food getting stuck, that's restriction.

What kind of foods are you getting this sensation from? Usually this is from: rice, breads, most carbs in other words.

And yes, this is typical.

Don't feel frustrated. i've slowly lost 37lbs and I'm at my 5th fill all done at the OCC. I'm not sure what kind of injury that is, but TRY to put in some walking into your daily activity. I didn't lose much at my 2nd fill... only a few pounds but I've been trying really hard. Be patient, if you think you are eating well enough to be showing results by now, start food tracking. There are some websites you can use that will help you with the calorie count. I use myfitnesspal app on my iphone. There is also livestrong.com (my plate) that helped alot. Good Luck.

OH and if you think you're chewing enough... chew like 10 more times, helps to avoid getting stuck... and that thing you got stuck on...like bread or pasta...don't eat it again. :)

Hang in there! It's not magic, it's a tool (how many times have you heard that!?) I was banded 7 mos ago and have slowly lost 35 lbs - reintroducing alcohol to my diet put a big halt to the weight loss, but I learned that lesson! Try to stop thinking of it as a 'diet', it's a lifestyle change. Start eating now like you're going to eat for the rest of your life. The band works by forcing you to slow down your eating so your brain gets the message that your tummy is satisfied before you've wolfed down a couple thousand calories. Different foods stick for different people -I have no problem with bread or rice, but have a hard time with hard boiled egg whites and cucumbers! Pay attention to what gets stuck, usually it's something you tend to swallow without chewing thoroughly. Also try to take smaller bites, because again, part of a larger bite may go down without being completely chewed - I have to cut steak into really tiny pieces, 'cause a piece of gristle can ruin your night :-) I just scheduled my 3rd fill because I'm getting hungry sooner after a meal. I just keep telling myself it took me years to put on this weight, it's not going to disappear in a matter of a few months.

Thanks for all the input. I am getting all my fills done at the OCC. I have great restriction. I'm just not sure what to do. I am going to increase my water intake. Still can't exercise. went to the gym last night and worked out, rode the bike and my knee is killing me again... So frustrating....

I had knee problems at first too, I hired a personal trainer to help me exercise and teach me how to work around my injuries. I barely have knee issues now - built muscle and weigh a lot less (145 pounds less) That makes a big differance.

Make sure you're eating like you are suppose too - log your good intake and follow the rules if you aren't. Protein first, then veggies, fruits - carbs last. No drinking while eating and measure your food.

I would take a quarter cup of each and put on a small plate - it really helps you to understand how much you are suppose to eat. Remember to chew eat bite 30 times - to liquid - it's gross at first but most forget to do this. It helps to keep things down. Chew slow - and eat slow - stop when you feel that golf ball feeling by your pouch.

Just a few tips - but remember exercise is key and until we really get into it most of us are just coasting - it is hard work. Thats why a personal trainer can really make a big differance - you'll find out how far you actually can and should go.

Good luck!

Lisa