Second Surgery?

Ok, so I may just start like 20 topics?? Lol. I have been doing a lot of research over the last few weeks, and have run into several people who have been banded, only to turn around a few years down the road and get sleeved or bipassed. Can anyone give me insight as to how/why this happens? Also, is band slippage/erosion ONLY caused by the patient? It would seem that it could be caused by several things, including improper installation? :unsure:

I've been reading the same thing. I have had my band since March 2009 and have had absolutely no problems. When you consider the large number of people that have been banded I think the ones getting further surgery are a small percentage. It is good to know that there are other things available though.

Mechanical failures and people that don't follow the simple guidelines would be my first guess. There are also people that were the pioneers in bariatric surgery that were told "Congratulations on your new life" with no follow up. They eventually stretch the stomach back presurgery size. A friend of mine was given a full plate in the hospital and told to eat until she was satiated. Her staples had burst and had to go back into surgery. Many things have changed since then. There were no pre-surgery psychological evaluations or post therapy/behavioral modication .Documented research throughout the years has provided us with the best tools available. We just have to be willing to do the work and keep open communications with the doctor.

Hope I was helpful

Paul