Marriot Hotel

Ive stayed at the Marriot twice and i think it is pretty decent. The staff attend to almost everything you neeed. They are familiar with the occ and what the patients need to eat. There is only a couple of english tv stations but there is free internet. I would stay there again in a heartbeat

I'm considering having the surgery done by OCC. I was perusing the website and there was a link to the Marriot. For all those that have been, is the Marriot as nice as the photos? Any info on accomodations is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, I was there about 2 weeks ago and really thought the hotel was great. Staff and accommodation were excellent. There is a LOT of road construction outside the hotel at the moment and it's very noisy. Ask for a 'golf view' room as that will put you on the opposite side of the hotel away from the noise. It's apparently a slightly higher cost on that side, but the hotel were fine with booking me there instead, at no extra cost to the OCC. Good luck with your decision making.

Hotel is great. No different than american or canadian Marriot's. Staff very helpful. Food very reasonable priced. Will stay there again. My husband and I have both been banded. I have done hours and hours of research and I wouldn't go anywhere but OCC. Good luck with your decision, I just wanted you to know that I have no regrets and would highly recommend OCC. Excellent care, excellent after care.

Hi, I was there about 2 weeks ago and really thought the hotel was great. Staff and accommodation were excellent. There is a LOT of road construction outside the hotel at the moment and it's very noisy. Ask for a 'golf view' room as that will put you on the opposite side of the hotel away from the noise. It's apparently a slightly higher cost on that side, but the hotel were fine with booking me there instead, at no extra cost to the OCC. Good luck with your decision making.

Good Morning,

I stayed there when I had my surgery and it was wonderful !! I do not have anything bad to say about my stay or OCC.....

The soup is out of this world !!!

Hi!

I just flew home yesterday after staying there a week. No problems at all. There was road contruction going on, but I didn't hear it much and, as of yesterday, they were finishing up the part directly in front of the hotel.

Good things -

The juice - I would order apple or cranberry, and it always tasted awesome if a bit sweet. I would usually have a half empty water bottle with me to pour what left overjuice I had into it, to take back to my room.

The Bed - I tend to be pretty picky (I have a Tempurpedic at home), but I thought the bed was really comfortable. I did bring my own pillow.

The staff - All you have to do is say "OCC" and they know you want broth and juice, or a ride to the clinic. Easy peasy.

No so good things (but nothing too big)-

The gym - I spent time there every day since I felt better if I moved more. The gym has a funky smell to it. Maybe a bit stale or moldy, or maybe it's a sweaty/moldy smell. It always smelled the same, never like it had just been cleaned.

The chicken broth - Once in a while, it really tasted like chicken and I enjoyed it. But more than half the time, it didn't taste like it ever had chicken in it and was really oily. When that happened, I used the coffee maker in my room. Poured bottled water into the pot and turned it on. When it was heated, I used a coffee cup and sprinkled in boullion granules (ground up, not cubes) to taste and stir. Much better!

One last thing...when I first got there, I asked the front desk to send someone up to unlock and empty my mini-fridge. It was nice to have it keep my water and juice cool during my stay.

Hi!

I just flew home yesterday after staying there a week. No problems at all. There was road contruction going on, but I didn't hear it much and, as of yesterday, they were finishing up the part directly in front of the hotel.

Good things -

The juice - I would order apple or cranberry, and it always tasted awesome if a bit sweet. I would usually have a half empty water bottle with me to pour what left overjuice I had into it, to take back to my room.

The Bed - I tend to be pretty picky (I have a Tempurpedic at home), but I thought the bed was really comfortable. I did bring my own pillow.

The staff - All you have to do is say "OCC" and they know you want broth and juice, or a ride to the clinic. Easy peasy.

No so good things (but nothing too big)-

The gym - I spent time there every day since I felt better if I moved more. The gym has a funky smell to it. Maybe a bit stale or moldy, or maybe it's a sweaty/moldy smell. It always smelled the same, never like it had just been cleaned.

The chicken broth - Once in a while, it really tasted like chicken and I enjoyed it. But more than half the time, it didn't taste like it ever had chicken in it and was really oily. When that happened, I used the coffee maker in my room. Poured bottled water into the pot and turned it on. When it was heated, I used a coffee cup and sprinkled in boullion granules (ground up, not cubes) to taste and stir. Much better!

One last thing...when I first got there, I asked the front desk to send someone up to unlock and empty my mini-fridge. It was nice to have it keep my water and juice cool during my stay.

I did not think about the mini fridge deal, good job in being proactive.

Good! Thanks for the advice and recommendations. On the website it suggests there are other hotels as well. Anyone know what the other ones may be? How far is the Marriott from the OCC? I'm just kind of leary about travelling in TJ.

A free shuttle is provided from the Marriot to the OCC. It is about a 10 minute ride, and you don't need to worry about your safety while in their care. My friend and I actually did quite a bit of walking around the area of the Marriot, we just made sure we were back before nite fall.