STUPID BUT FUNNY LAP BAND QUESTION :)

Did anyone buy new smaller clothes before they actually lost the weight or before you got the actual band??

I haven't done it yet, but I'm sooo tempted!!

:)

No, but I did have a lot of them still with tags on hanging in my closet waiting for me. FYI, I have gone smaller than most of them, so I would not spend the money as you never know how fast you will go through the sizes.

I did, I bought a goal dress, many of us did. Some took pictures of it with them - and then with it on (before it fit) and the progress.

I was a 22/24 when I started, my goal dress was a size 12, I'm now a size 2 or 4. I remember being so happy when it finally fit and in awe when I went right thro that size and kept going down.

Good luck - this is something you can have fun with, make it a goal you know you can reach - and I recommend buying something cool on sale - by the time you fit it, and theres a great chance you might just move right out of it!

I did, I bought a goal dress, many of us did. Some took pictures of it with them - and then with it on (before it fit) and the progress.

I was a 22/24 when I started, my goal dress was a size 12, I'm now a size 2 or 4. I remember being so happy when it finally fit and in awe when I went right thro that size and kept going down.

Good luck - this is something you can have fun with, make it a goal you know you can reach - and I recommend buying something cool on sale - by the time you fit it, and theres a great chance you might just move right out of it!

I was a size 22 when I started. I was wearing size 18 two weeks ago and now I am a 16 ...So I am glad I only bought 3 pairs of size 18 pants now.. I am still wearing a 1x shirt... So hard to find tops that don't look like Maternity in the Fat Lady part of the store.. But the regular xl does not look good with my tummy rolls. I hope that someday I will get down to a size 12...

I was a size 22 when I started. I was wearing size 18 two weeks ago and now I am a 16 ...So I am glad I only bought 3 pairs of size 18 pants now.. I am still wearing a 1x shirt... So hard to find tops that don't look like Maternity in the Fat Lady part of the store.. But the regular xl does not look good with my tummy rolls. I hope that someday I will get down to a size 12...

you will, just keep up the great work and it will happen

I did not buy smaller clothes before the band but I like Lisa's comment about having a goal dress. Unfortunately I have spent a lot of money on dresses from mybabyjo retro inspired clothing and now have to pay more money to get them all taken in :unsure:

Another problem I ran into was that there was a few items already in my closet that I was waiting to fit back into and only got a chance to wear them once or twice before they also became too big.

Another problem I ran into was that there was a few items already in my closet that I was waiting to fit back into and only got a chance to wear them once or twice before they also became too big.

this happened with me too. i didnt buy new things before the actual weight loss, likely because i didnt believe i'd lose much. i shopped out of my closet for hte first 2 months, stuff i'd bought and never had a chance to wear, also still with tags on, but eventually those became too big now. i tried on a pair of pants this weekend that i found in my storage unit and they were so big i never even got a chance to wear them.

i like hte idea of a goal dress, but just get one thing and dont go overboard shopping. trust me, soon enough you'll wish you didnt have to shop so much! :)

this happened with me too. i didnt buy new things before the actual weight loss, likely because i didnt believe i'd lose much. i shopped out of my closet for hte first 2 months, stuff i'd bought and never had a chance to wear, also still with tags on, but eventually those became too big now. i tried on a pair of pants this weekend that i found in my storage unit and they were so big i never even got a chance to wear them.

i like hte idea of a goal dress, but just get one thing and dont go overboard shopping. trust me, soon enough you'll wish you didnt have to shop so much! :)

exactly my experience. I now dread shopping again but for a different reason (I know that it will be a short lived purchase and I hate wasting the money.)

I bought a pair of Gap button-fly jeans in a size 8, I found them at a thrift store and couldn't pass them up.

I was in a size 18 when I was banded and them 18s were very very tight at that time. I was in the 8s by the end November and out of them by mid January. Now my jean size run between a 0-4 depending on the cut, but I average a 2.

I was pretty good about buying clothes at Ross or Target that were on clearance or at thrift stores so I wouldn't spend too much $$$.

I did keep a couple dresses and had them taken in, but a lot of the clothes ended up getting sold in a yard sale. I was also careful not to buy too much in a specific size through the process. :lol:

It's SO much fun to read all of your replies to my funny question. :) Like I had mentioned earlier, I am very tempted to buy a few things in super small sizes, LOL. I saw a dress online that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and it's white and burgundy. I'm currently a size 10 or 12, but I wanted to order it in a 6. A lot of people mentioned that they flew pretty quickly through some of their sizes, so I'm debating ordering it, even though I can't even fathom "flying through" or even GETTING TO a size 6!! :)

It's SO much fun to read all of your replies to my funny question. :) Like I had mentioned earlier, I am very tempted to buy a few things in super small sizes, LOL. I saw a dress online that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and it's white and burgundy. I'm currently a size 10 or 12, but I wanted to order it in a 6. A lot of people mentioned that they flew pretty quickly through some of their sizes, so I'm debating ordering it, even though I can't even fathom "flying through" or even GETTING TO a size 6!! :)

trust us, I think I can honestly say none of us thought we would either. I dropped 4 almost 5 sizes in 2 1/2 months and am just now slowing down.

I wear a 6 in dresses. Trust me, you will get there!!

I also was able to do a lot of shopping in my own closet. Was actually upset I found a box from college that by the time I found it was too big. My goal was to just get into single digits and now i'm in a 4/6 depending on the pants. Never thought that would happen.

I didn't buy much and didn't tell a lot of folks in fear I would fail again like I had many times, but finally I have found something that although a lot of work does work for me.

Good luck!!