To fill or not to fill.....

Hey all,

I got my first fill 3weeks ago and got 5cc's in my 11cc band. I heard that for the right amount for a fill you should be able to only eat 1/3 of what you used too....well I am definitely not there. I felt some restriction maybe for the 1st couple of days but that's it. How long should we wait before we get another fill? I don't want to risk stretching my pouch or anything, but I am hungry all the TIME! Any recommendations?

Hey all,

I got my first fill 3weeks ago and got 5cc's in my 11cc band. I heard that for the right amount for a fill you should be able to only eat 1/3 of what you used too....well I am definitely not there. I felt some restriction maybe for the 1st couple of days but that's it. How long should we wait before we get another fill? I don't want to risk stretching my pouch or anything, but I am hungry all the TIME! Any recommendations?

Hey! I got my fill a week and a half ago and am in the same boat as you! Dr. So said to wait a minimum of 5 weeks and then schedule the 2nd fill, if needed. I am planning to wait until January or February to get my second fill. Hope I can last that long!!

Mark :D

I had my first fill, felt NO restriction, was able to eat anything I wanted. Then had a 2nd fill, felt a little restriction for a few days, I cannot eat potatoes anymore. I am getting my 3rd fill soon. I also have an 11cc band, my doctor told me it takes usually about 3rd or 4th fill, or at least 8.5 cc in the 11cc band. I now have 7.25 cc in my band. She said that is the norm she sees. I have not lost any weight since my 21 day post op diet. I have not gained weight but it is hard. So I am sooooo hoping I feel restriction next fill. I am frustrated and have stepped back away from the exercise but need to get my butt into gear. So until about 2 weeks ago, I was so upset that I thought I stretched out my pouch and this would not work but now I am anxious for my next fill. I had my 1st fill in Mexico, the rest will be in here in the states. Omaha, NE. We have a bariatric center of excellence here, I am so lucky. So keep your chin up. It will take awhile.

Hello,

I have had two fills since banded in March. I too can eat more than the 1/3 target. But there are foods I can no longer eat without getting "stuck" I have to remind myself that this is a "tool" and my goal is to eat less, within the limits I can manage. I will most likely go for my third fill in November or December, But I don't want to be too tight.. I think a lot of it is personal decision and tolerance. I will only get my fills done at the OCC so I also take that into consideration when budgeting. Bottom line is sometimes I feel restriction and sometimes I don't...so do what you feel is best for you.