eating regular food after GSP

Hi

After reading all the posts on the forum it looks to me like the pre-surgery diet and the 3 week post-surgery diet is responsible for a jump start on the weight loss. After the first 3 weeks how is everyone doing with eating "normal" foods? How are they tolerated...is it necessary to eat tiny morsels of food forever? Is it comfortable to have a smaller stomach size? What I mean is.....do you have indigestion, burping, abnormal bowel movements, etc....after the adjustment period of the first few weeks? Does everything seem normal other than the portion sizes?

Hi

After reading all the posts on the forum it looks to me like the pre-surgery diet and the 3 week post-surgery diet is responsible for a jump start on the weight loss. After the first 3 weeks how is everyone doing with eating "normal" foods? How are they tolerated...is it necessary to eat tiny morsels of food forever? Is it comfortable to have a smaller stomach size? What I mean is.....do you have indigestion, burping, abnormal bowel movements, etc....after the adjustment period of the first few weeks? Does everything seem normal other than the portion sizes?

I only lost 5 pounds on my 1 week pre surgery liquid diet. I had surgery 11/17/2010. My weight loss is still pretty steady at around 4 pounds a week. I am now on solid foods. I tolerate whatever I eat pretty well. Some things that are real spicy I have a bit of a problem with right now but I probably won't later. I have no indigestion (Dr. Watkins always looks for and removes hiatal hernias when he does the surgery) BM are normal.

It is very hard to get used to eating on a small amount of food but I am happy that is all I can eat. I am slowly training myself to eat slowly, eat protein first, try to drink plenty of liquids. Just enjoy every bite since you can't take that many..

Any weight loss surgery is a tool only.