Pre Op Diet Support Please!

Sammi

hey all!

I'm having plication surgery in 5 days and still need to lose a bit of weight so that the people at the occ can operate on me. I feel like I'm practically starving myself. My day is made up of 2 slim fasts and a smart one/lean cuisine, edamame, and sometimes tea or a small salad. I know that in 3 days I'm gonna have to start liquid only, so I need advice to keep me strong on my last two slim fast/cuisine days and the two liquid diet days.

Also, a quick question. Is sweet-and-low ok? I've been using a bit in my tea, but want to double check that it's good.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

hey all!

I'm having plication surgery in 5 days and still need to lose a bit of weight so that the people at the occ can operate on me. I feel like I'm practically starving myself. My day is made up of 2 slim fasts and a smart one/lean cuisine, edamame, and sometimes tea or a small salad. I know that in 3 days I'm gonna have to start liquid only, so I need advice to keep me strong on my last two slim fast/cuisine days and the two liquid diet days.

Also, a quick question. Is sweet-and-low ok? I've been using a bit in my tea, but want to double check that it's good.

Thanks in advance

I had the band but I know that Dr. Miranda told me that if I felt I needed more than the two shakes and lean cuisine, that I could supplement with a cup of minestrone soup. It really helped me.

my biggest savior was sugar free popsicles. I dont know why it felt like it filled me up more than liquids. Also a lot of people drank the fiber that dissolves in water without any taste. i used that it helped too. you have to make sure you are staying on your water. I also drank lots of crystal light.....so I guess the aspartame in that was ok for me. I know it's really hard - hang in there. I'd even through in a few boiled eggs for the extra protein and little calories. if you're hungry it's either water or protein.

• 3 months later...