port movement after 2.5 years?!

happygirl02

i was banded by dr.ortiz 2.5 years ago and have not had any complications. have not had any fills for 8 months. today i started feeling some discomfort in my lower left abdomen area (which is pretty much where my port is) and felt some odd "clicking" sort of movement. was driving at the time and figured it was just a rib laying weird or something. when i got out of the car, i felt some more discomfort and when i went to gently press on the area, realized it was my port are and noticed that my port feels quite different than it usually does. its always felt rather flat at the site but today it feels more protruding and very much like the edge or the side of the port is now facing forward. i've recently lost 25lbs quite quickly and i'm wondering if something like that can cause enough change in body shape/ stomach shape that it could cause a shift in the port.

i know that the standard response would usually be to go get it checked out, but i live in canada and have to fly 2 provinces away to see a fill doctor. very expensive and time consuming if not necessary. especially when i don't even need a fill! is it possibly that my port could have rotated after all this time?? and if so, is that something i should be concerned about or would it just be left as is.

I know I thought my port had moved once I had gotten down to around 165lbs, but it just turned out, as things tightened up, my port seemed to sit in a different spot than it did before: higher up than i remember.

I remember the first time I could actually FEEL the top of my port, I freaked out.

As I lost more weight,, I realized i could put my arms up above my head, and I could/can see the actual indentations of the port.

The majority of the time (unless i'm really bloated or gained a few pounds) you can really see it sticking out of me.

Through my skin, it looks like a little UFO - the thicker side closer to my body, the injection site (the top of the port) is smaller. It's very obvious. And if I'm wearing light fitted tops, you can see a the port bump.

As your body fat drops, this will happen; it also depends on 'how deep' your port was placed.

There are a few people in here that have chosen to get there port re-located, deeper, to avoid it rubbing against their ribs.

It's really annoying for me, but I don't want to have surgery .. so I just have to remember to sit up super straight, or it does rub against my ribs and really hurts.

I also can't sleep on my left side in bed, as my port sticks out and will rub against my mattress unless I've stuffed a pillow under my side.