Fabulous at Fifty!

Hi Everyone, Figured since I am turning 50 on wednesday and feeling good I would update you all! I was banded May 2008. I was A low BMI and lost weight right away, but got stuck at 150. I mantained that until start of 2010,

I had a rough year, My dog died ,my sister in law died, my mom died and my son who is in the Army crashed his helicopter and almost died, (he survived and it is a miracle, and he will be ok in time) I couldn't handle all the stress, this all happened

within 2 months, My band slammed shut so I turned to alcohol to self medicate! It went down easy and made my band losen up and then I could eat. Before I knew it I was back up to almost 200 lbs.i quit working out and became a couch potato. I

stayed in this cycle for months, i became

Depressed. I was able to hide it from my family and friends, I suffered in silence, I was always the happy go lucky person. Well to make a long story short, I realized I needed help and went to the Drs. He made me quit drinking and get a slight

unfil! I have been sober for almost 3 months and dropped 30 pounds! I have been working out again and loving life! I learned that being overfilled is not good! and the band does not help emotional issues nor does alcohol. I am so thankful for my

band but still have to remeber it is just a tool. I feel and look better than i did 20 yrs ago.. Happy 2011 to everyone.

Take Care,

Linda

http://i343.photobuc.../202_0265-2.jpg Picture on the right taken last night!

Hi Everyone, Figured since I am turning 50 on wednesday and feeling good I would update you all! I was banded May 2008. I was A low BMI and lost weight right away, but got stuck at 150. I mantained that until start of 2010,

I had a rough year, My dog died ,my sister in law died, my mom died and my son who is in the Army crashed his helicopter and almost died, (he survived and it is a miracle, and he will be ok in time) I couldn't handle all the stress, this all happened

within 2 months, My band slammed shut so I turned to alcohol to self medicate! It went down easy and made my band losen up and then I could eat. Before I knew it I was back up to almost 200 lbs.i quit working out and became a couch potato. I

stayed in this cycle for months, i became

Depressed. I was able to hide it from my family and friends, I suffered in silence, I was always the happy go lucky person. Well to make a long story short, I realized I needed help and went to the Drs. He made me quit drinking and get a slight

unfil! I have been sober for almost 3 months and dropped 30 pounds! I have been working out again and loving life! I learned that being overfilled is not good! and the band does not help emotional issues nor does alcohol. I am so thankful for my

band but still have to remeber it is just a tool. I feel and look better than i did 20 yrs ago.. Happy 2011 to everyone.

Take Care,

Linda

http://i343.photobuc.../202_0265-2.jpg Picture on the right taken last night!

thank you for sharing. You are doing awesome in the face of diversity. Stay strong

Love you Linda, my bandster GF, miss you and so sad for your losses, and so happy that your son, who I know you love more than life itself is here with you.

You are amazing - everything will be OK, I just wish I could crawl through my computer and give you a big hug!

I'm living on my own in downtown Bellevue, if you ever want to come down and stay with me for a girls weekend we'll go out for some non drinking girls fun and rock the town!

Take care beautiful lady!

(You look amazing and you do not look at all close to 50, closer to 30)!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lisa