Plication Jan 19 post op sudiet suggestion

Baxter's French onion soup - very tasty, low salt, just don't eat the onions.

Campbell's Butternut Squash soup

Glen Oaks drinkable low fat yogurt - Vanilla is very very yummy. Good for 2nd week.

Campbell's Select Harvest: Harvest Tomato with Basil soup. Lots of flavor.

Anyone else with suggestions? I could use some too. :rolleyes:

Baxter's French onion soup - very tasty, low salt, just don't eat the onions.

Campbell's Butternut Squash soup

Glen Oaks drinkable low fat yogurt - Vanilla is very very yummy. Good for 2nd week.

Campbell's Select Harvest: Harvest Tomato with Basil soup. Lots of flavor.

Anyone else with suggestions? I could use some too. :rolleyes:

I ordered a few books from Amazon for Wt loss surgery patients.

They gave many more ideas for foods than the handouts they gave us at the OCC.

Does Dr Ortiz still say 21 days of liquids?

Most of the books that were written in the USA added "mushies" after the liquids. I remember watching Dr Ortiz's U Tube where he said to eat regular food after 21 days. After my second fill Dr So had us eat lunch before we left the OCC. I think most of the US surgeons have you do liquids for 48 hours after a fill.

Here are a few ideas to get through the liquid phase.

Sugar free Jello, Sugar free 5 calorie Popsicles, Freeze Crystal Light in a water bottle for a few hours so it is slushy. Special K Protein powder that you put in your water.

Make homemade potato cheese soup and put it through the blender to take out any lumps. Diet Sugar Free pudding. Greek Yogurt, Make your own protein shakes using almond milk original flavor.. 60 calories per cup.. The vanilla flavor is better but 90 calories. Add ice, protein powder and 1/2 a frozen banana. Put in the blender until smooth.

Malt o Meal or Cream of Wheat hot cereal made very soupy . I used the Brown Sugar Splenda that is reduced calorie and added skim milk or almond milk and it tasted like a dessert.

Just be careful of the sodium in the canned soups. Too much can make you retain fluids.

Almost any canned soup can go in a blender! If it's a can that you're supposed to add water, I do that before blending. Otherwise I will add some broth to make it a little thinner. It also makes it very tasty!

I like drinking the Atkins Advantage shakes. They're not overly sweet and no sugar. Some of the other ones are too sweet for me. But I find I really like to drink water with them. They leave a weird coating in your mouth if you don't wash it down with something. Drink them slowly.

I like drinking Kefir. I'll mix it with juice, water and protein powder for breakfast. Or, instead of juice, add half a banana. Delicious!