Today is my 3 year bandiversary

Hi there,

Today is my 3 year bandiversary. I have had a long and interesting journey.

I have not reached my original goal weight of 135 yet, The closest I have gotten is 138. I have gone from 226 pounds to 146 today. My clothes sizes have gone from 28 or a 3X to a size 8-10 pants and a medium top. Most times I feel good about that, sometimes I feel I should be doing better.

At my best times, my weight loss has been any where from 1 -3 pounds a week. sometimes I seem to lose and gain the same few pounds week after week, depending on how my life is going.

I look at food totally different now. Its not fat free or carb free. Its definitely all about protein, I try look at fiber too. I add extra fiber by using splenda with fiber in my tea, and on my oatmeal..I eat alot of chicken, tuna and drink flavored waters. I love crystal light and I also love the vita coco coconut water (those are a bit pricey though)

I have a gym membership but don't make it as much as I should. When I get there I do well, but I let life get in the way alot.

I know that having a very drama filled life before made food my best friend. There is so much emotional issues that tie into the overeating for me. But I have a great support system with my husband and my mom who both say I look great but I don't see myself how they do. My honey thinks I am fine and don't need to lose any more but I still see a fat person in the mirror. After being overweight my whole life I have self image/self confidence issues. Losing weight alone isn't always the answer, I have needed counseling as well. I think I still need it.

The band has been one of the best things I could have ever done. My doctor says all of my blood test are perfect now. No borderline diabetes, no high cholesterol, everything looks great. I am healthier now then I was my young adult life. I have more energy I do not get winded doing housework, or walking up stairs. I can play with my kids.

I read here frequently but don't post much. I see everyone here works hard and has many of the same struggles and issues I have had.

But its all about making the right food choices and getting more exercise. There is no magic pill or lazy way to lose weight. Its about finding the balance that works for you. Even if your weight loss is slow...it is still weight loss.

So many of you are doing so great, congrats to all of us..Keep up the good work :)

Oh, I forgot to add that I have only had 3 fills done. The first six weeks after the band, and the second a few months after that to adjust it a bit. The last one was done April of 2010. I still have great restriction. My band seems to always be tight in the morning, lunch is the meal eaten the easiest because night time eating, the band does not like well. It's got a mind of it's own LOL

Hi there,

Today is my 3 year bandiversary. I have had a long and interesting journey.

I have not reached my original goal weight of 135 yet, The closest I have gotten is 138. I have gone from 226 pounds to 146 today. My clothes sizes have gone from 28 or a 3X to a size 8-10 pants and a medium top. Most times I feel good about that, sometimes I feel I should be doing better.

At my best times, my weight loss has been any where from 1 -3 pounds a week. sometimes I seem to lose and gain the same few pounds week after week, depending on how my life is going.

I look at food totally different now. Its not fat free or carb free. Its definitely all about protein, I try look at fiber too. I add extra fiber by using splenda with fiber in my tea, and on my oatmeal..I eat alot of chicken, tuna and drink flavored waters. I love crystal light and I also love the vita coco coconut water (those are a bit pricey though)

I have a gym membership but don't make it as much as I should. When I get there I do well, but I let life get in the way alot.

I know that having a very drama filled life before made food my best friend. There is so much emotional issues that tie into the overeating for me. But I have a great support system with my husband and my mom who both say I look great but I don't see myself how they do. My honey thinks I am fine and don't need to lose any more but I still see a fat person in the mirror. After being overweight my whole life I have self image/self confidence issues. Losing weight alone isn't always the answer, I have needed counseling as well. I think I still need it.

The band has been one of the best things I could have ever done. My doctor says all of my blood test are perfect now. No borderline diabetes, no high cholesterol, everything looks great. I am healthier now then I was my young adult life. I have more energy I do not get winded doing housework, or walking up stairs. I can play with my kids.

I read here frequently but don't post much. I see everyone here works hard and has many of the same struggles and issues I have had.

But its all about making the right food choices and getting more exercise. There is no magic pill or lazy way to lose weight. Its about finding the balance that works for you. Even if your weight loss is slow...it is still weight loss.

So many of you are doing so great, congrats to all of us..Keep up the good work :)

Oh, I forgot to add that I have only had 3 fills done. The first six weeks after the band, and the second a few months after that to adjust it a bit. The last one was done April of 2010. I still have great restriction. My band seems to always be tight in the morning, lunch is the meal eaten the easiest because night time eating, the band does not like well. It's got a mind of it's own LOL

Congratulations on your successful journey and thank you so much for sharing.