Gastric Plication Restriction

How do you feel with your gastric plication restriction?

Hi, I had my plication surgeon on Jan 27, so just 2 weeks out. It's not so much restriction, it just takes very little for me to feel full. For example...1/2 cup creamy soup and I am satisfied with a sense of being full. I also eat about every 3-4 hours which is exactly how we 'should' be eating. Of course I have already planned my first solid meal.

Poached salmon, mashed carrots and turnips(my fav veggie combo) and an even smaller amount of mashed potatoes. As far as I can tell soft foods means food that doesn't require a lot of chewing like beef or pork or chicken, that comes a bit later. I will say I wasn't expecting restriction as say one would expect from a lap band(I never had one, that is based on what I have had heard others with a lap band talk about). What I wanted was another tool to downsize the portions of food I would eat, and not be left feeling hungry. And so far that's exactly what has happened. I also know right now my goal is to let my stomach heal, and not eat things that will stretch out my new stomach size. I do rememeber being told any damage I do to my stomach in the first 6 months wouldn't be seen right a way. It would show up 12-18 months down the road. So I am very concious of this when I start to think about menu planning from next week on. Hope this answers your query. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer or you can email me at ktbaillargeon@gmail.com Cheers, Katie

Hi, I had my plication surgeon on Jan 27, so just 2 weeks out. It's not so much restriction, it just takes very little for me to feel full. For example...1/2 cup creamy soup and I am satisfied with a sense of being full. I also eat about every 3-4 hours which is exactly how we 'should' be eating. Of course I have already planned my first solid meal.

Poached salmon, mashed carrots and turnips(my fav veggie combo) and an even smaller amount of mashed potatoes. As far as I can tell soft foods means food that doesn't require a lot of chewing like beef or pork or chicken, that comes a bit later. I will say I wasn't expecting restriction as say one would expect from a lap band(I never had one, that is based on what I have had heard others with a lap band talk about). What I wanted was another tool to downsize the portions of food I would eat, and not be left feeling hungry. And so far that's exactly what has happened. I also know right now my goal is to let my stomach heal, and not eat things that will stretch out my new stomach size. I do rememeber being told any damage I do to my stomach in the first 6 months wouldn't be seen right a way. It would show up 12-18 months down the road. So I am very concious of this when I start to think about menu planning from next week on. Hope this answers your query. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer or you can email me at ktbaillargeon@gmail.com Cheers, Katie

Hi Katie!

How much weight have you lost?

Hi Katie!

How much weight have you lost?

HI, Let's see.....weight on Jan 12 at my doctor's was 208.5.....pre surgery weigh in at clinic right before surgery was 198.6....this moring I was 184.0....I had a huge weight loss in the last 72 hours because I've had a stomach flu bug. Pre flu weight was 192 point something (sorry I can't remember exactly, records at at home and due to flood I am not home right now...major yucky!). So total just over 24 lbs. I will say that I was never one to weight myself except when forced to at my doctor's office. I went more on how my clothes fit or didn't fit. The finally straw for me was when I had to buy yet a larger size jeans, the third increase in size in 10 months. I will say that the weigh loss in numbers is still not as important as how I feel in my own skin and in my clothes. I purchased my first home scale just before my surgery.