That is very odd but it is their message board so I guess if you want others to learn of your real experance you will have to post it ohter places for people to find out. I do understand that every ones experance and expectations are diffrent.

I think I posted it on march 13 or 14. True, it is thier board and they can do what they want. I just found it interesting.

I never had anything bad to say about the OCC. I almost went there.

on another note....Tomorrow is my 2 week post GPS and I'm feeling great!

i didn't see it in your past posts, so it must have been removed.

*cough cough*

Lindsay, I did hide your post because it was causing a lot of alarm for a potential complication that has not ever been experienced by our patients. It was generating so much fear in patients that have already had the surgery, that we decided it was best to address the issue without the misinformation. Honestly, I'm not even sure if Dr. Watkins was trained in the plication, or just attempted it himself, saw complications (not a suprise) and is now denouncing it. We see these types of scare tactics from doctors about the band, plication, sleeve, and bypass, when they are trying to persuade patients into another type of surgery because they don't have enough experience to perform said surgery with good results. Generally we do not delete or hide posts unless they cause a problem or are untrue.

You say you have received no follow up or post surgery care from our facility, when did you call? Our doctors are available 24/7 at 1-866-376-7849 ext. 5. If they are with a patient during the day you will get a call back, but for an emergency, Dr. Ortiz has even been known to take the call in the surgery suite. Its true we don't call each patient on a regular basis after surgery, but we do expect to hear from you if you have questions, it makes Dr. Ortiz upset if he finds out a patient is confused or having a problem and didn't call right away!

Note to all patients.... CALL US, please... any time day or night if you have pain, unusual symptoms, or a question... once a patient, always a patient, and what we want are happy patients!

Lindsay, I did hide your post because it was causing a lot of alarm for a potential complication that has not ever been experienced by our patients. It was generating so much fear in patients that have already had the surgery, that we decided it was best to address the issue without the misinformation. Honestly, I'm not even sure if Dr. Watkins was trained in the plication, or just attempted it himself, saw complications (not a suprise) and is now denouncing it. We see these types of scare tactics from doctors about the band, plication, sleeve, and bypass, when they are trying to persuade patients into another type of surgery because they don't have enough experience to perform said surgery with good results. Generally we do not delete or hide posts unless they cause a problem or are untrue.

You say you have received no follow up or post surgery care from our facility, when did you call? Our doctors are available 24/7 at 1-866-376-7849 ext. 5. If they are with a patient during the day you will get a call back, but for an emergency, Dr. Ortiz has even been known to take the call in the surgery suite. Its true we don't call each patient on a regular basis after surgery, but we do expect to hear from you if you have questions, it makes Dr. Ortiz upset if he finds out a patient is confused or having a problem and didn't call right away!

Note to all patients.... CALL US, please... any time day or night if you have pain, unusual symptoms, or a question... once a patient, always a patient, and what we want are happy patients!

I didn't receive any follow up emails, calls, etc --

That IS the truth.

But on the other hand, I never needed anything - I didn't email or call, etc.

As for Dr Whoever .. it wasn't my thread. I only commended on follow up, so I haven't a clue why I'm being picked on by you.

I did receive follow up emails and survey type questionnaires asking about my progress and how I felt, things like that.

I have made calls to the OCC and the longest I ever had to wait to get a doctor on the phone was 10 minutes or they would call me back within the hour if I called and left a message. I don't remember if I read the "UPDATE" post but as far as being able to follow up with the OCC about ANYTHING... I feel like my expectations were met.