Hi All,

I had my plication March 16th and I just started soft foods. I have to say, I have the worst eating habits and I'm just confronting them because of the surgery.

First, I take huge gulps, I have to really concentrate when I drink and talk about taking large spoons of cottage cheese. I do it unconsciously. No wonder my weight was out of control.

I think I'm going to post signs on the kitchen table.

What a mess! I'm working on it. I think I'll start slapping myself before I drink or eat to wake myself up!

Sharon

Hi All,

I

had my plication March 16th and I just started soft foods. I have to say, I have the worst eating habits and I'm just confronting them because of the surgery.

First, I take huge gulps, I have to really concentrate when I drink and talk about taking large spoons of cottage cheese. I do it unconsciously. No wonder my weight was out of control.

I think I'm going to post signs on the kitchen table.

What a mess! I'm working on it. I think I'll start slapping myself before I drink or eat to wake myself up!

Sharon

Sharon,

Huge gulps is a problem for me too. Retraining my mind is a chore. I had my plication surgery on April 1st. I am still on liquids. Question: Do you still have air/gas? What helps? Is that what causes it...huge gulps?

yea there is definitely a learning curve. I myself have the band but experienced the major mental change that occurred when I realized what got me fat in the first place.

that is.....the way I ate

Now with having the band, I really recognize these traits in watching other people also.

Taking huge bites, eating soooo fast, gulping drinks down.

The band just doesn't allow you to do that and not feel terrible.

The biggest physical change I experienced was no longer able to have that feeling of being "full"

It's a weird sensation, you have pain with too much food before you could ever possibly get to point of painful fullness that I used to experience

with my eating binges.

Sharon,

Huge gulps is a problem for me too. Retraining my mind is a chore. I had my plication surgery on April 1st. I am still on liquids. Question: Do you still have air/gas? What helps? Is that what causes it...huge gulps?

Yes, I still have gas. I take those Gas Ex strips and I chew a couple of the Papaya Enzyme that you get at Wall mart and it helps. I also walk around the house or outside and that really helps the most.

I'm sure it is taking the gulps that makes the gas because we are taking in air.

I started watching the series Addicted to Food on OWN channel and it scared me because there are a couple of ladies on there that gained all their weight back after Gastric Bypass. I absolutely have to change how I handle food. I don't want to have gone through all of this only to gain everything back. I must confront my issues and resolve them once and for all.

It is a big journey we have here. i warned my husband what's going to come next. Nutty Sharon Yikes!!!

Yes, I still have gas. I take those Gas Ex strips and I chew a couple of the Papaya Enzyme that you get at Wall mart and it helps. I also walk around the house or outside and that really helps the most.

I'm sure it is taking the gulps that makes the gas because we are taking in air.

I started watching the series Addicted to Food on OWN channel and it scared me because there are a couple of ladies on there that gained all their weight back after Gastric Bypass. I absolutely have to change how I handle food. I don't want to have gone through all of this only to gain everything back. I must confront my issues and resolve them once and for all.

It is a big journey we have here. i warned my husband what's going to come next. Nutty Sharon Yikes!!!

Hi Sharon,

I too have to modify all of my eating behaviors. I am terrified that after going thru upcoming Plication I could potentially gain back the weight (like Carney Wilson)and it occurs to me that I should "see" myself eating.

So, here's what I'm going to do as one of my new tools. I'm going to set up a mirror at the table that I cannot help but see myself in. I will see my size as well as my poor habits of taking too big of bites. Don't know if this'll actually work, but anything is worth a try, right?

Best of luck to you,

Feather

Hi Sharon,

I too have to modify all of my eating behaviors. I am terrified that after going thru upcoming Plication I could potentially gain back the weight (like Carney Wilson)and it occurs to me that I should "see" myself eating.

So, here's what I'm going to do as one of my new tools. I'm going to set up a mirror at the table that I cannot help but see myself in. I will see my size as well as my poor habits of taking too big of bites. Don't know if this'll actually work, but anything is worth a try, right?

Best of luck to you,

Feather

Actually, Yes, I think this is a great Idea. I go unconscious when I eat sometimes, it would keep us focused. Very very good idea. Sharon