feeling sick

Okay, I have been "starving" for a few days now. I'm into the creamy soup phase, on day nine post op. I made a smoothie with yogurt, peanut butter, and milk. It made me sick immediately, pressure, lightheaded, flush, shaky. I thought I drank too much, so a few hours later, I tried just a couple of spoonfuls. Again, I feel this way. Is this normal? I didn't experience this with creamy soup, but I'm out for now. I have no idea what is normal, and have no idea how to address these different feelings in my body, it's all so new! Any advice? ideas?

Hi, I had to ease into creamy soups. Most likely the peanut butter got you. It has a lot of fat. I'm over a month out and I can't eat any thing that has a lot of fat in it or I get sick.

If it makes you sick don't do it. Just eat the cream soups. You have to blend the soups then strain them.

Hope you feel better,

sharon

I was told if you can't tolerate what u eat go back to what u can tolerate. I am 14 days post op and I am still mostly on liquid diet.. I eat some pudding and stuff.. I have not attempted peanut butter but keep us posted you might be able to tolerate it soon.

HI. I had plication on the 14th of April so I am still in the liquid phase as well. I had a very similar experience when I tried a yogurt, milk, and peanut butter smoothie. Only a few bites and I was sick. I have found that foods high in fat do not sit well with me...but thats the idea right? If I have a bad experience with a particular food, I just usually sip on some clear liquids and usually Im ok in a bit. I am down 8 pounds since surgery and feeling great! Best wishes to you!