Eyelash extension

trcousins

Since I'm looking thinner, I've considered getting those eyelash extensions and wondered if anyone has done this and about your experience. I know they only last for a few weeks, but I have an important "date" planned soon and thought it would be appropriate. Any tips or feedback would be appreciated since I'm a bit unsure about doing stuff so close to my eyes. Thanks.

I would just put on fake ones or have someone at a makeup counter do it. I wanted to get them done but I have heard you cant put mascara on them and they do not last long. You have to go back and get fills every few weeks and it turns out to be so expensive. I wore false lashes for New Years and absolutely loved them!

Since I'm looking thinner, I've considered getting those eyelash extensions and wondered if anyone has done this and about your experience. I know they only last for a few weeks, but I have an important "date" planned soon and thought it would be appropriate. Any tips or feedback would be appreciated since I'm a bit unsure about doing stuff so close to my eyes. Thanks.

Yep!

i've had eyelash extensions done a few times. I'm not sure about where you live, but they did cost me $120 a pop.

And they do fall off, slowly .. one by one. Each 'round lasted me about a month.

You don't use mascara over them - it's not needed. And you can't rub your eyes.

If you're not good with things around your eyes, I wouldn't bother.

I wear contacts, so it didn't phase me.

If it's just a date you're going on, just do fake eyelashes, as Ashley mentioned. - A LOT cheaper, quicker, and you can take them off the next day!

Just make sure you go with the more natural looking ones, or you'll end up looking like a drag queen .. and your date will wonder why you look noticeably different on date #2! ;)

I have been using the Latisse product (the Brooke shield uses) and it has given me fabulous lashes. It is expensive to purchase but last a long time thus the cost is not that high.

Yep!

i've had eyelash extensions done a few times. I'm not sure about where you live, but they did cost me $120 a pop.

And they do fall off, slowly .. one by one. Each 'round lasted me about a month.

You don't use mascara over them - it's not needed. And you can't rub your eyes.

If you're not good with things around your eyes, I wouldn't bother.

I wear contacts, so it didn't phase me.

If it's just a date you're going on, just do fake eyelashes, as Ashley mentioned. - A LOT cheaper, quicker, and you can take them off the next day!

Just make sure you go with the more natural looking ones, or you'll end up looking like a drag queen .. and your date will wonder why you look noticeably different on date #2! ;)

Hahaha, Lindsay, that's hilarious, but so true. I don't want to look that much different, nor look like a drag queen. Thank you Canuk, that latisse sounds interesting. Isn't it by prescription only though. Seems I remember it from my days working in pharmacy. I'll have to check it out, that seems more natural and permanent. Thanks so much guys! :)

Hahaha, Lindsay, that's hilarious, but so true. I don't want to look that much different, nor look like a drag queen. Thank you Canuk, that latisse sounds interesting. Isn't it by prescription only though. Seems I remember it from my days working in pharmacy. I'll have to check it out, that seems more natural and permanent. Thanks so much guys! :)

It is by prescription but I have found that the doctors that do the Restlyn (SP?) and Perlane will usually prescribe it. I go through my Dermatologist to get it.

It is by prescription but I have found that the doctors that do the Restlyn (SP?) and Perlane will usually prescribe it. I go through my Dermatologist to get it.

I've heard mixed reports regarding the side effects.

I guess you've had no eye skin discolouration?

How much was it, in Cdn $?

I've heard mixed reports regarding the side effects.

I guess you've had no eye skin discolouration?

How much was it, in Cdn $?

you are correct, I have had no side effects. A few friends of mine also use it and no one that we know has experienced any side effects. x our fingers, no one does. But what I have read is almost all the side effects do go away if you stop use. Sorry, I don't know how much it is in in Canadian as I live in WA state.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Lindsay,

The prescription is about $120-150, depending on where you get it filled. I use this product I ordered online called Revitalash. Holy smokes does it ever work! Being blonde, my eyelashes are so pale and were very very tiny.......I've been using this stuff for a couple of years. In the beginning I used it every night right before bed. Now I put it on about 2-3 times a week, and that's enough to maintain. I have very long lashes, but they didn't go really dark as these type of products do for some. It didn't leave any 'stain' on my lash line. I just applied it right along the top lash line and then along the bottom lash line. Beware, it does take time for the product to work. I also use it on my disappearing eyebrows too. It has helped there too, I'm not as consist with the eyebrows as I was with the lashes. If I remember right I got 2 tubes of Revitalash for about $120 and one tube lasts me about 3-4 months. So a bit cheaper than the prescription. Let ,me know if you give this a try, curious to see it you get the same results.

PS. I've have had those lash extensions too, very expensive as they put on eye single lash, cost was about $150 plus fills every couple of weeks. I gave up as it was getting so expensive, that's how I ended up finding Revitalash. One of the gals who worked in the shop where I had the extension put on told me about it. I think they were at that time selling the stuff in the shop for double what I got it for online. But that was 3 years ago, so things could have changed

price wise.

Hey Lindsay,

The prescription is about $120-150, depending on where you get it filled. I use this product I ordered online called Revitalash. Holy smokes does it ever work! Being blonde, my eyelashes are so pale and were very very tiny.......I've been using this stuff for a couple of years. In the beginning I used it every night right before bed. Now I put it on about 2-3 times a week, and that's enough to maintain. I have very long lashes, but they didn't go really dark as these type of products do for some. It didn't leave any 'stain' on my lash line. I just applied it right along the top lash line and then along the bottom lash line. Beware, it does take time for the product to work. I also use it on my disappearing eyebrows too. It has helped there too, I'm not as consist with the eyebrows as I was with the lashes. If I remember right I got 2 tubes of Revitalash for about $120 and one tube lasts me about 3-4 months. So a bit cheaper than the prescription. Let ,me know if you give this a try, curious to see it you get the same results.

PS. I've have had those lash extensions too, very expensive as they put on eye single lash, cost was about $150 plus fills every couple of weeks. I gave up as it was getting so expensive, that's how I ended up finding Revitalash. One of the gals who worked in the shop where I had the extension put on told me about it. I think they were at that time selling the stuff in the shop for double what I got it for online. But that was 3 years ago, so things could have changed

price wise.

Such good info!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Such good info!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Yes, that's GREAT information. I'd much rather invest in something like that than keep getting fills. I wonder if it's continuous and what happens if you stop using it once you've acheived the results you want. I'm guessing you have to keep using it at least to some degree. Thanks again for that. I'm gonna buy some.

Yes, that's GREAT information. I'd much rather invest in something like that than keep getting fills. I wonder if it's continuous and what happens if you stop using it once you've acheived the results you want. I'm guessing you have to keep using it at least to some degree. Thanks again for that. I'm gonna buy some.

From what I've read, you have to continue with it; the growth isn't unlimited, as your eyelashes fall out a lot more than we'd like to believe :)

So there's always continuous growth. :)

From what I've read, you have to continue with it; the growth isn't unlimited, as your eyelashes fall out a lot more than we'd like to believe :)

So there's always continuous growth. :)

yes, you do continue to use it but with less and less applications until you find the timing that you need to maintain the length and fullness you want. I end up applying it approx 1 to 2 times a week.

Hi Lindsay, Yup need to continue using the Revitalash....here's what I did, used it every night for the first 6 months.................my eyelashes are now extremely long, but like i said they didn't go darker nor did I end up with a line along my upper eye lash. I will say I was very careful by putting in right into the lash line. If I remember right took about 2 months to show results, friends who use it too, some took a bit longer to get the long lashes and a couple of others saw results in a couple of weeks. Once I had gotten to where I liked the length, I just use it 2-4 times a week at bedtime, There have been times where I forgot to use it weekly, but no loss in the long lashes. And yes if you were to totally stop using it, then as the new lashes grow in, they will be back to your old length. The product does not make the lashes brittle, which I have heard other products can have this side effect. It did grow back some missing eye brows too. So now when I go on vacation I can get my lashes and brows tinted and not have to worry about putting mascara on. Which for me is a bonus cause with blond eye lashes and eye brows, my face sort of lacks definition without mascara and Smash Box brow teck. Having tried several brands including the orginal prescription version, I find Revitalash brand to be the best I have found. If you start using it, let me know how it works for you. K:)

yes, you do continue to use it but with less and less applications until you find the timing that you need to maintain the length and fullness you want. I end up applying it approx 1 to 2 times a week.

Wow!! 1 to 2 times a week? That makes if quite affordable in the long run. The real cost is the initial start up. I'm getting really happy about this stuff. he he he

Wow!! 1 to 2 times a week? That makes if quite affordable in the long run. The real cost is the initial start up. I'm getting really happy about this stuff. he he he

I am absolutely hooked on it. I love having the lashes of my "20's." I have actually at one point, before I reduced the times I put the Latisse on, to have to trim my eyelashes, they had gotten that long. Hope you love it.

• 4 weeks later...

great information. I will see if I can get the docs in TJ to get me a script...and I bet it's a bit cheaper down there.

Donna

My aestician(sp?) works with a doctor for the administering the Restyln injections and he will gives scripts. You might want to call around your area to see if there is something like that close to home.

Just offering.

Roxanne