JUNE SURGERIES AND FILLS

This is the topic for those who are scheduling their surgery during the month of June. Posting in this topic gives you the chance to meet other patients that are going to be in TJ during this month. So lets hear from the soon to be Lap Band patients.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am getting re-banded on June 7th. I'm anxious and hopeful. It would be nice to hear from people who were re-banded with the realize band. It would be great to connect to other banded people as well.

Hello Everyone, me name is Elaina.

Hi All,

I have butterflies in my stomach just putting in this post. Had my first talk with Lori today and hoping I will be scheduled soon. Afraid to hope that this could be...finally the help I need to be the person I know is hiding under all this fat. I'm 41 and have been overweight the majority of my life. I'm hoping to lose as much as 100lbs but dare to hope. Good luck to all of you going in early June. I can't wait to hear about your experiences:)

Steph

I just talked to Lori and have my schedule date for June 29th. Super excited. Planning on starting my pre-op diet tomorrow so I don't have to stress about getting the weight off. Look forward to talking with any of you that are getting ready too:)

Steph

I just talked to Lori and have my schedule date for June 29th. Super excited. Planning on starting my pre-op diet tomorrow so I don't have to stress about getting the weight off. Look forward to talking with any of you that are getting ready too:)

Steph

Good for you Steph! I'm scheduled for Plication June 8th. I'm starving on the Pre-op diet, but lost 10 lbs in two weeks, which I was never able to do before. I guess just the idea that I have a reason to lose the weight is worth the hunger - that and I'm banking on not being hungry after the surgery! I read this board a lot looking for tips and encouragement. This will be another tool to add to my tool box, along with my gym membership (that I never go too, but I pay for every month..just in case :wacko: ), my hypnotherapy cds (which I listen too every night and I love them). I eat healthy organic foods, but I'm always hungry so I over eat. My hope is this will solve that! :D

Kelly

HI everyone.

I am heading down on June 30th for a revision from my band to Plication on July 1st. Let me tell you the band was the most wonderful thing I ever did for myself - sure 10 years later I need a revision - so what! I lost 170 lbs and kept it off for over 8 years! Yes I gained back about 50 lbs over 2 years but now I am taking care of that. For the first time in my life with the band I was not obsessed with food and eating! The band is a wonderful tool and you will be amazed at how easy it is to use.

Don't worry about the surgery, it really is easy and the docs take such good care of you.

Please feel free to ask me anything...I think I still have all my old pics and stats.

Do your measurements now - cuz there will be weeks where you won't lose a lb but you will still be shrinking.

DonnaC in Seattle

Good for you Steph! I'm scheduled for Plication June 8th. I'm starving on the Pre-op diet, but lost 10 lbs in two weeks, which I was never able to do before. I guess just the idea that I have a reason to lose the weight is worth the hunger - that and I'm banking on not being hungry after the surgery! I read this board a lot looking for tips and encouragement. This will be another tool to add to my tool box, along with my gym membership (that I never go too, but I pay for every month..just in case :wacko: ), my hypnotherapy cds (which I listen too every night and I love them). I eat healthy organic foods, but I'm always hungry so I over eat. My hope is this will solve that! :D

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm super excited. Starting on the "diet" early since I don't want to stress about it, and I have been WAY overeating lately and feel hungry all the time. Did the hyno cds help at all. That's one thing I haven't tried. I like your "toolbox" analogy...that's exactly how I feel. Wish I could find someone that's going to be there when I am:( I have to hurry and get my passport app in this week so I can be sure to get it back..that's the scary part.

ttyl

steph

HI everyone.

I am heading down on June 30th for a revision from my band to Plication on July 1st. Let me tell you the band was the most wonderful thing I ever did for myself - sure 10 years later I need a revision - so what! I lost 170 lbs and kept it off for over 8 years! Yes I gained back about 50 lbs over 2 years but now I am taking care of that. For the first time in my life with the band I was not obsessed with food and eating! The band is a wonderful tool and you will be amazed at how easy it is to use.

Don't worry about the surgery, it really is easy and the docs take such good care of you.

Please feel free to ask me anything...I think I still have all my old pics and stats.

Do your measurements now - cuz there will be weeks where you won't lose a lb but you will still be shrinking.

DonnaC in Seattle

Hi Donna,

I'm headed down on the 28th for surg the 29th. 170lbs WOW that's amazing...good for you. Hopefully I'll get to see you down there. Maybe we can hang by the pool...or grab a drink(clear fluids of course)...lol

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie -

Count on it...I am hoping to get some botox on Thursday to maxiumize my time there -did anyone else see that special - what a deal on botox.

D

oooohhh, no I didn't. I got an email about facial peels or something. How do you find out about specials and stuff?

Steph

Hi Everyone!! Ok... I leave tomorrow morning for San Diego & then TJ. I've slowly shared with family and friends what I'm doing and for the most part everyone has been very supportive. Some have had a few qualms about a surgery in Mexico, but mostly they trust that I have done my research and am doing what is right for me! And I am! Today is my birthday. This coming year I will be losing all this weight that has been holding me back, I will graduate with my MBA and who knows? Maybe I'll even fall in love (this time with someone who loves me back!)

See you on the flip side!

Kelly

Hi Everyone!! Ok... I leave tomorrow morning for San Diego & then TJ. I've slowly shared with family and friends what I'm doing and for the most part everyone has been very supportive. Some have had a few qualms about a surgery in Mexico, but mostly they trust that I have done my research and am doing what is right for me! And I am! Today is my birthday. This coming year I will be losing all this weight that has been holding me back, I will graduate with my MBA and who knows? Maybe I'll even fall in love (this time with someone who loves me back!)

Kelly

Happy birthday and what a wonderful gift you are giving yourself. An awesome year coming up for you, cherish the journey as well as the end.

Kelly

Good luck Kelly, let us know how it went. I'll say a prayer:)

Steph

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I am scheduled for June 27 and I am very nervous about traveling alone.

My husband is not very supportive of my decision to have the surgery,

especially in Mexico. I am doing this for me. I am a new mom (love it)

to a 1 year old and have really let myself go over the past few years.

Everything (like my job) and everyone has come before taking

care of myself.

I have found a doctor in my area that will do fills on patients who have

had the lab band surgery out of the country. I want to change my surgery

to the lap band instead of gastric plication.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Hello!

care of myself.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

The decision needs to be yours, but that said, there has been many posts here that a lot of us that are banded, would not have changed the surgery if we had the option at the time. You can have the success you want with either surgery but as a bandster I am partial to the band. Just saying :-)

Hello!

care of myself.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Hi, I'm flying in on the 28th and surgery the 29th, we'll have to meet up:) I will be traveling alone also. Good for you for making a decision to change your life. Look forward to meeting you

Stephanie