Losing weight after 1 month

Hi Leanne

I seemed to hit a plateau about that time but it has picked up again. I notice that things definitely slow down if I don't fit in the exercise but I seem to average about 3 lbs a week. In my mind I don't think that's much, but I keep getting comments that I'm shrinking so perhaps there is more visible loss than the scale sometimes. Don't be discouraged :)

Yolanda

Hi Leanne

I seemed to hit a plateau about that time but it has picked up again. I notice that things definitely slow down if I don't fit in the exercise but I seem to average about 3 lbs a week. In my mind I don't think that's much, but I keep getting comments that I'm shrinking so perhaps there is more visible loss than the scale sometimes. Don't be discouraged :)

Yolanda

Hi Yolanda and LeAnne,

I read your posts and both of them really make me hesitant (along with many others I've read) about having the plication. If I weren't being held up by my passport i would've already done the plication surgery. Now that I have more time to examine the issue I'm getting nervous and wondering if this is really for me. I have so many questions for the dr's. and have not made an attempt to get them answered yet. Probably should so I don't end up backing out of something that could potentially save my life. I have a lot of weight to lose and I cannot do it on my own.

If either of you have any advice or remarks, I'd greatly appreciate your feedback....

Thanks,

Feather

hi there,

The surgery was AWESOME, best thing i have ever done, should've done it 20 years ago. the Docs are awesome. The worst part is 3 days of nausea, that's it. the rest is changing lifestyles, so good luck with your decision!

rgds

Leanne

hi there,

The surgery was AWESOME, best thing i have ever done, should've done it 20 years ago. the Docs are awesome. The worst part is 3 days of nausea, that's it. the rest is changing lifestyles, so good luck with your decision!

rgds

Leanne

Hi, I had plication surgery on Jan 27th this year. I too hit a pateau at about 35lbs. I did a total review of my eating, ..........amounts, and specifically what I was eating. I had gotten careless and forgot this surgery like any WLS is a tool...........and I was not using my tool to it's full advantage, so I hit that plateau. So now I've gone back to the very basics. Min. 64oz of water a day...more if possible, measuring my food so I don't try and visually guess if I have the right amount or too much. I had discovered I can over eat if I'm not careful. I also went back to chewing each mouthful, enjoying the taste and feel of the food. The one thing I have to sort out is exercise. My home is under renos, so I am living with my bf.......so the walking routine is not there. So I feel I am not using my tool to my full advantage. I heard LT on YOU TUBE say something like this...............she wasn't exrecising and therefore not loosing weight........so she felt she hadn't earnt any weight loss. Such a simply way of putting it and hit me hard cause I realized I hadn't been doing what I knew I had to do to earn my weight loss. I'll let you know how I am doing as I adjust to being with the basics. It's not easy for sure, but when is anything worth having comes easy. Anyhoo, of late, that's how I've been looking at my WLJ. I have this tool, I spent the money to get it, so I'd better use it to my full advantage..............then and only then I believe I will achieve the results I want. Don't know if this helps at all, but it has helped me to see more clearly what I had been doing and what I needed to do K:()