Need encouragement

I haven't been on here in awhile. Had a hard time in the last 6 months. I fell on my deck back in the winter and tore ligaments in my knee and was waiting to have surgery to repair that. Well then I fell again and hurt my knee worse and my back. Anyway, I had to have knee surgery and couldn't exercise for a few months. Then right after that I got an infected cyst on my shoulder (in the muscle) and had to have surgery on that and couldn't exercise! GRRRR!! I think you see where this is going....no exercise = weight gain. I've gained about 23 pounds since October. I haven't had a fill since then either and right now I'm not sure when I will get one....(money issues)I got laid off right before all this happened and now I've also found out I have peripheral neuropathy in my spinal area and have severe pain with that and now have to sign up for disability and am limited in what exercises I can do. I'm starting to get depressed and there is no support group close to my home and I can't afford to drive the 1.5 hours away to the meeting where I had my surgery. I just need some encouragement I guess. Sorry my post is so long, it just helps to vent and I've missed this board!!

#1 Hang in there!

#2 Hang in there!

I really relate to your story. I fell the day before my flight to my surgery. I was already on crutches for periphial neuropathy in my feet and I broke my left wrist, sprained my right thumb, and my knees inflamed with the osteoarthritis I had (which had been in control). So I called to make sure they would still take me (they did). Then had to arrange a ticket for my wife (full price) and we took off.

I have never been in so much pain before! If not for my wife I could have never made it. She refers to it as the flight from hell. I was on the max amount of pain meds I could and still be conscious... I was determined!

Today, 2 1/2 months later, still in lots of pain & I can't exercise either but I have lost 65 lbs. Yesterday was my last day at work, I'd been on FMLA leave, and applied for disability. My wife does not work outside the home, we still have two kids here and she homeschools them.

With all of that, we are still positive. I'm going to walk my young daughter down the aisle one day, and I'll be thinner than she has ever seen me! So, you are not alone. Keep in touch, we can do this together!

Band on the run,

Mark ;-)

I'm sorry this happened. Talk about when it rains, it pours. Just know, we all have obstacles we face through our journey, so don't feel alone in this. Keep on pushing and things will eventually look up (keep reminding yourself this and you will see) Look on youtube or search online for exercises you can do that wont hurt your knees and stuff. Also, just watch what you eat, pretend you have a fill and keep eating like you have all the restriction in the world. I can't afford a fill right now and would really want to go see the OCC for a checkup but I can't afford it right now, so I trick myself in thinking I have restriction and only put on my plate what I think is appropriate for when I do have restriction. Don't let your financial situation determine your weight loss, I hope and wish you lots of success and smiles and rainbows and unicorns... big hug!!

• Like 1

I'm sorry this happened. Talk about when it rains, it pours. Just know, we all have obstacles we face through our journey, so don't feel alone in this. Keep on pushing and things will eventually look up (keep reminding yourself this and you will see) Look on youtube or search online for exercises you can do that wont hurt your knees and stuff. Also, just watch what you eat, pretend you have a fill and keep eating like you have all the restriction in the world. I can't afford a fill right now and would really want to go see the OCC for a checkup but I can't afford it right now, so I trick myself in thinking I have restriction and only put on my plate what I think is appropriate for when I do have restriction. Don't let your financial situation determine your weight loss, I hope and wish you lots of success and smiles and rainbows and unicorns... big hug!!

what great thoughts and ideas. Thanks for sharing