Band vs plication

Alright bandsters I am planning on being banded in a couple of weeks, but the more I read and research the more I'm wondering if I should just get the plication. Do you all feel that you have been happy with your bands, or wish you had had the plication option?? I have seen some that are going in for revisions from band to plication so now starting to have second thoughts on the best option. Any opinions are apprciated. I am 41 wt 246 and 5'7 tall

Thanks

Steph

I am thrilled with the band. It is the best thing that I ever did for myself. If I had the option between the band and plication I still would have chosen the band

Deb

Thanks Deb, and can I just say WOW...you look fantastic! Glad it's working for you.

steph

Alright bandsters I am planning on being banded in a couple of weeks, but the more I read and research the more I'm wondering if I should just get the plication. Do you all feel that you have been happy with your bands, or wish you had had the plication option?? I have seen some that are going in for revisions from band to plication so now starting to have second thoughts on the best option. Any opinions are apprciated. I am 41 wt 246 and 5'7 tall

Thanks

Steph

I love my band and feel it was the best thing i have ever done for myself. I would not consider any other option, it was the correct one for me. That said, we are all different and you need to make sure you pick the WLS that fits you the best. The staff at the OCC can help you make that decision and from what I have read, they discuss it with you right before surgery to make sure you get the surgery you want.

Thanks

Steph

IF I WERE TO DO IT AGAIN, I'D PICK THE SLEEVE OR THE BAND AGAIN OVER THE PLICATION

Thanks for the input ladies. After reading lots more material I'm very confident in making the "band" decsion. Looking forward to the next step in my life. Thanks to all of you for the support.

Steph

Thanks for the input ladies. After reading lots more material I'm very confident in making the "band" decsion. Looking forward to the next step in my life. Thanks to all of you for the support.

Steph

If I have one word of advice: make sure you track down a fill centre/facility/doctor/nurse PRIOR to the lapband surgery. This has been a HUGE issue for many banders, and it's an extra expense they didn't plan for. AND, most doctors won't touch a 'foreign' lapband. This also applies for follow up health care.

Unless you plan on traveling back to Tijuana to the OCC for each fill, you'll be paying out of pocket for each fill -- which can be from 3-10 fills, varying in cost from $300+-$150. So pleeeeease do your research and tracking down of a source PRIOR, and save yourself the pain of realizing you have NO support/follow up local to where you live.