Plication vs. VSG

I am wondering why have so many jumped onto the Plication surgery vs. the VSG? The only difference I have found is the permanance of VSG. Your thoughts, your reasoning are needed. It is said if one has the question there is at least one other who has it as well. I thought it was a good topic to address.

Sincerely, Aksonflower

I don't know that I am certain which procedure I am going to have either. I m scheduled for the plication July 14th, but I have many questions. I have spoken to Carolyn Williamson, but I feel the need to speak to a Dr. Never before have I elected to do anything with out speaking to a Dr extensively first. So if there is any complaint I have regarding the OCC it is this. I feel now that I have made my deposit a Dr should contact me for a final consult. I will have to address this soon as I still am not certain which route I should go.

I consider the plication to be permanent. I think I'd feel the same with a band. I will never be able to control myself without the aid of surgery and live my life as an average size woman.

Good luck all....

Feather

I felt the same way - so I called OCC and ask to speak with a Doctor. Dr. So called me back in a couple of hours - took time to explain everything and answer my questions.

Call them - don't wait for them to call you. Make sure this is right in your mind - it's your body. I know that after speaking with Dr. So - I am happy with my decision and ready to move forward.

Good luck...

DonnaC

Thank you for responding Feather and Donna, However I would still like to ask what was YOUR reasoning to go with one vs. the other?

I agree just call the OCC and a doc will either talk to you right then or call you back. I was surprised how available they were.

In my case and my daughter we opted for the sleeve over plication (last minute change) because I am insulin resistant and she is hyperglycemic. For some reason, no doctor can say for sure, the sleeve is better for treatment of diabetes or one of the pre-diabetic conditions, like we have. In most cases it cures it or at least pushes it back by many years. Of course, your diet after will always be a part of the equation.

We are quite happy with our decision. As a matter of fact, my daughter and I were laughing today because has we not just had surgery we would have "broken" our diet today. We live in Phoenix, 110 degrees, our a/c went out, so we have been miserable then we had errands to run in this heat and I hit EVERY red light and everything I tried to do went wrong. It was nice to not be able to "cheat" on a diet!! LOL We will be learning more and more about our issues for sure in the coming months.

• 3 weeks later...

I am wondering why have so many jumped onto the Plication surgery vs. the VSG? The only difference I have found is the permanance of VSG. Your thoughts, your reasoning are needed. It is said if one has the question there is at least one other who has it as well. I thought it was a good topic to address.

Sincerely, Aksonflower