NOVEMBER SURGERIES

This is the topic for those who are scheduling their surgery during the month of November. Posting in this topic gives you the chance to meet other patients that are going to be in TJ during this month. So lets hear from the soon to be Gastric Plication patients.

• 3 months later...

So this is my very first post- Scheduled for Plication on 11/18 and am very nervous about the huge change in eating habits. I am 60 yrs. old and relatively healthly except high blood pressure for 28 yrs. (last daughters birth). Tried all the diets like most of you and ready to commit to a solution to extend my Grandmother years..

• 2 weeks later...

I had plication 7 weeks ago and I am doing great. It does take some getting used to but it is truly a wonderful too! I had the same concerns....I kept saying to my friends...what if I can't do this? Your tool will let you know if you have eaten to much. The firstb3 weeks were tough but it gets better every day. I am down 40 lbs so far and I truly feel better every day. The doctors and good and the nurses really are a caring bunch!

Had my plication on Friday,18th everything and everyone was wonderful. Back at work today (work from home) but having to make myself get up and walk more to keep the bloating feeling down from the gas. Been following directions to the T and is working really well...Am excited to start this new journey to my weight loss goals..

My surgery is scheduled for Monday the 28th. I've been on a liquid diet for the past 10 days to lower my BMI. Somewhat nervous, but anxious to have the procedure and get on with things. Have to say Thanksgiving was a challenge with 25 plus people over and tons of yummy looking food.

Good luck with your surgery, I am 10 days out and am pleasantly surprised I feel great.. It is a challenge to not walk by and pick up a pinch of what others are eating- but the fact that I am trying to follow to the letter I have been able to make it.. Love it and can see the changes already, down 18 lbs. since starting the Pre-op diet...

Back home about 2 hours ago. Feeling just a little sore, but absolutely no complications. No nausea, vomiting, intolerance, nada !!! Had surgery on Monday and stayed in a hotel in Tijuana Wed. night just in case. Flew out of San Diego Thurs. afternoon. Hope to be back at work next Monday. Haven't really had to use the pain pills. Met a fellow english speaking patient the last day I was in the hospital. She was from Canada and all by herself. Wished I had known about her the day before so that I could have spoken with her more. She was pretty lonely. She flies home tomorrow.

Hey Novembers!!

I had the band on Thanksgiving day. I must have missed everyone because I think I was the first, maybe second one in....so I spent my day WASTED! LOL, I'm not sure what that drug was for the operation, but man oh man....I was wrecked ;)

Hope everyone is doing well!! Shoppin4me...how goes the full liquid...?

~Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Plication friends!! I am so glad I found this site!! I was getting pretty lonely out in the plication world. I had my surgery Nov. 10, 2011. Everything went well. No complications. Before surgery I weighed in at 266. 1 week after surgery I lost 20lbs. I maintained that weight loss through my 1 month check up on Dec. 8th. I was so discouraged. I kept thinking seriously? After everything I just put myself through...the liquid diet...the pureed food. And this is all I get. I banned myself from the scale. So.... this evening I figured I would give the scale a looksy and see what it said... and to my wondering eyes... I have lost another 10lbs since Dec. 8th. WOOHOOO!! I can't tell you how much this motivated me. I am down to 236 now. I still have a ways to go. Which is why I wanted to find a website / blog that I can talk to others in my "plication world." LOL I have 3 goals. Goal #1.. By Feb be down to 199lbs. Goal #2 By May be down to 160... And my ultimate goal... to weigh 140lbs. AGAIN!! LOL Thanks for listening to me Rant.... Its greatly appreciated!

ander77 -Hi! glad your here too!! I had my plication on the 18th of Nov.. now 4 weeks out and down 25 Lbs. Pretty much added soft foods and been eating most things for the last couple of days.. Learning to eat slowly, not drinking before during or after meals for an hour... and only about four of my old bit sizes fills me up....I am very pleased as the very small amounts I am eating are very satisfying. I am also taking the Enspira multi- vitamins.- I have band myself from the scale for the next couple of weeks also trying to get more waling in.. Glad for your update.......

• Like 1

I made it the 21 days which was pure torture, and when I attempted the pureed foods, I got sick. I'm doing much better now. I had my surgery on November 24th, and have lost 26 pounds so far. My goal is to be 160 or less by my birthday in February. I started at 203. My current weight is 177. Clothes are falling off, and I feel great. I try to eat small meals (6-8 bites) every couple of hours, and sip liquids throughout the day. I have decided that carbs are an absolute NO for me. I tried the mashed poatoes and thought I was going to die. Cottage cheese, and plain tuna have become my best friend. I hope to hear how others are doing at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had my surgery on the 28th. Last week or so I was down 24 pounds or so. I've pledged to not weigh until New Years. People are already noticing my weight loss. I have had no problems whatsoever. I can eat anything. I seem to be able to eat more than most people. Perhaps 8-10 bites. I have the most difficulty getting plain water in. If I put Crystal Light in it is better, but I know I need plain water. I can do two perhaps three cups and that's it. Today was the first day I exercised. Walked for about 45 minutes. Hope that helps with additional weight loss. I've been out to restaurants a few times already. One time I ordered a cup of clam chowder, but could only eat 1/2. Now I just eat a few bites off my sister's plate. Unheard of pre-plication !

Pretty much the same for me..although was doing well on solids until the 26th..the way flu struck and everything started aching almost threw up once just foam though..guess no. Way to get back for up through l small stomach...sever intestine cramping and diarrhea. Finally settled down last nightand able to start back on food and liquids again..much better..down 35lbs. And counting back to Curves 3 times a week..happy New Years to all

.looking forward to exciting 2012..