Face lift time.........

So on Thursday I have my facelift, lower eye lift, fat grafts and a blue peel. Looks like it takes about 6 hours. I arrive to the surgery center at 7:30 and I'm picked up between 2:30 and 3:00. I'm so excited to have this ugly neck done. My face isn't too bad, its the chin that gets me, and you can really see it from the side. The lower eyes are because when they do the new facelift it pulls the face up so they do the eyes at the same time. Fat grafts in the places that have sunken (I have those) and a blue peel to get rid of the fine lines and pigmentation. This is my fourth procedure - I'm not too worried, kind of get the drill by now. I'm more focused on getting my sleep, exercise and eating right so it all goes well. I'm in a bit of a down mood, broke up with this guy I was seeing - I have a problem getting really close to people these days.

When I was going through my weight loss, I would yell from the highest mountain and tell everyone about it. That's stopped, it does come out from time to time - and I'm not trying to hide it, just don't want it to be such a big part of my life - I want it to be my past and just part of who I am. I have a close guy friend and we actually dated, but as usual I broke it off - the only difference is we became great friends and I told him everything. He's picking me up and taking care of me after the surgery and gave me a great example of what my weight loss is. He said that it was like someone who use to smoke and stopped, you had a bad habit, you broke and your on your way to a healthier life. Its not something I have to tell everyone about (do I tell everyone I use to sneak ciggies and smoke) no I don't, its a part of my past.

So besides the facelift and such - I'm kind of thinking of this as a new beginning. This is the first surgery that I've had that is out there and public..... I'm just going for it, I don't care about my past, love it - hug it, but it doesn't shape me - my future does. This procedure is going to change how I look, I'm beautiful now, I'll be beautiful once its done, just something I don't like will be gone and I'll have a bit of a tune up :-)

All of these little changes don't change the core of who I am, I'm still Lisa, just a little bit more confidant and happy. I have to honestly say I like myself. When I look in the mirror, the person who looks back at me, fits how I feel I should look. When I move now and I'm very atheletic - that fits how I feel I should have always been.

Thank you all, love you and I'll let you know how it goes. I can't be on the computar for 6 days after surgery - have to stay off and no talking so see you on the other side.

Lisa

• Like 1

So on Thursday I have my facelift, lower eye lift, fat grafts and a blue peel. Looks like it takes about 6 hours. I arrive to the surgery center at 7:30 and I'm picked up between 2:30 and 3:00. I'm so excited to have this ugly neck done. My face isn't too bad, its the chin that gets me, and you can really see it from the side. The lower eyes are because when they do the new facelift it pulls the face up so they do the eyes at the same time. Fat grafts in the places that have sunken (I have those) and a blue peel to get rid of the fine lines and pigmentation. This is my fourth procedure - I'm not too worried, kind of get the drill by now. I'm more focused on getting my sleep, exercise and eating right so it all goes well. I'm in a bit of a down mood, broke up with this guy I was seeing - I have a problem getting really close to people these days.

When I was going through my weight loss, I would yell from the highest mountain and tell everyone about it. That's stopped, it does come out from time to time - and I'm not trying to hide it, just don't want it to be such a big part of my life - I want it to be my past and just part of who I am. I have a close guy friend and we actually dated, but as usual I broke it off - the only difference is we became great friends and I told him everything. He's picking me up and taking care of me after the surgery and gave me a great example of what my weight loss is. He said that it was like someone who use to smoke and stopped, you had a bad habit, you broke and your on your way to a healthier life. Its not something I have to tell everyone about (do I tell everyone I use to sneak ciggies and smoke) no I don't, its a part of my past.

So besides the facelift and such - I'm kind of thinking of this as a new beginning. This is the first surgery that I've had that is out there and public..... I'm just going for it, I don't care about my past, love it - hug it, but it doesn't shape me - my future does. This procedure is going to change how I look, I'm beautiful now, I'll be beautiful once its done, just something I don't like will be gone and I'll have a bit of a tune up :-)

All of these little changes don't change the core of who I am, I'm still Lisa, just a little bit more confidant and happy. I have to honestly say I like myself. When I look in the mirror, the person who looks back at me, fits how I feel I should look. When I move now and I'm very atheletic - that fits how I feel I should have always been.

Thank you all, love you and I'll let you know how it goes. I can't be on the computar for 6 days after surgery - have to stay off and no talking so see you on the other side.

Lisa

my thoughts and prays are with you, I know you will do great.

So I'm finally feeling really good, wish I could go exercise but its too soon. I miss that more than anything. Its not just the fact that it keeps me tone and in shape - I've very addicted to the endorphins. The surgery went really well, it lasted longer than originally thought. I was in at 7:30am and my friend was called at 4:00pm to pick me up, and they were still putting on my blue peel at that time.

I went to a doctor that specializes in faces, (is great in other areas too) but Dr. George Marosan was someone that was known for his atistry in the face. Which means he looks at your face and tries to bring the true you through the use of cosmetic surgery. At only 9 days out, I can already see that its going to be amazing. Its kind of scary. My face before I became morbidly obese was always heart-shaped. When I gained the 140 pounds it was pretty much just a big pumpkin..... As I lost the weight the skin went down and caused it to be oblong because of my hanging neck and jowls, most didn't see it or recognize what it was - I did and it really bothered me. Its nice to have it back to being heart shaped again.

His consultation was amazing, he really explained things to me - set a list of items out there and I could take what I wanted - I was lucky that I was able to take all of them, from the face lift - lower eyes, fat grafts and peel. However I look very young. I turn 49 this month, ran out to wholefoods, grabbed a bottle of wine - got carded and the guys face dropped when he read my age (the avatar picture is right when I came back from the store). So he may have done his job a little bit too good. :-)

http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com/

If anyone in the greater Seattle are is looking to have some work done, I highly recommend him. Take a look at my pictures, I'll be putting his before shots up, I saw them yesterday, and it was kind of painful - like when I took a look at my before pictures of my tummy. Its hard to look at something like that and realize its you. You just can't fix lose skin without surgery, that's all there is too it.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'll update and create an area focused on my PS soon.

Best,

Lisa