1 year update

I had my lap-band August 8th of 2010 . I just had my last fill August 9th of 2011 ..I have lost 125lbs . Reaching and passing my goal weight ..

When I went to Mexico for my lap-band I was a 4x top and let just say I had out grown Layne Bryant Jeans and moved up to Catherine size Jeans .. I am now a Large woman shirt size . And a size 16 jeans . I went back to Mexico for all my fills

My starting weight was 310 I am 6ft tall ..my Goal weight was 200 but I am now at 185 and comfortable at this weight .

At first the weight did not come flying off me as I thought it would . Then when I came to the conclusion that a lap band was not a free ride but a tool like Dr Ortiz had explained to me and Dr So did as well during my fill visits ..I started working out . Totally changed the type of foods I ate and in doing so My weight started to come off fast . I actually reached my goal weight within ten months .

I am no longer Type 2 Diabetic and was able to come off my high blood pressure medication . Dr So encouraged me to blog about my Journey . To help others who might be stuck on a plateau, or losing there hair , or barfing all of which I experienced and dealt with it .

A year that is all it took ...Seems like forever at first ..but it is not .. A lap band is not a free ride ........But a tool that has given me back a beautiful gift .

• Like 3

I had my lap-band August 8th of 2010 . I just had my last fill August 9th of 2011 ..I have lost 125lbs . Reaching and passing my goal weight ..

When I went to Mexico for my lap-band I was a 4x top and let just say I had out grown Layne Bryant Jeans and moved up to Catherine size Jeans .. I am now a Large woman shirt size . And a size 16 jeans . I went back to Mexico for all my fills

My starting weight was 310 I am 6ft tall ..my Goal weight was 200 but I am now at 185 and comfortable at this weight .

At first the weight did not come flying off me as I thought it would . Then when I came to the conclusion that a lap band was not a free ride but a tool like Dr Ortiz had explained to me and Dr So did as well during my fill visits ..I started working out . Totally changed the type of foods I ate and in doing so My weight started to come off fast . I actually reached my goal weight within ten months .

I am no longer Type 2 Diabetic and was able to come off my high blood pressure medication . Dr So encouraged me to blog about my Journey . To help others who might be stuck on a plateau, or losing there hair , or barfing all of which I experienced and dealt with it .

A year that is all it took ...Seems like forever at first ..but it is not .. A lap band is not a free ride ........But a tool that has given me back a beautiful gift .

WOW! Great Post!! Congrats on your weight loss. Do you have any "before" and "after" pictures?

Traci,

Congrats on your accomplishment! You have done an amazing job and cannot wait to see the before and after pics. Keep us updated.

Kristi

PS, just went back to look at your pics, Wow, can I say Wow again! You look great!

Thank you too.

I know what you mean about never dreaming the current weight. I feel very blessed and so fortunate for my Doc that banded me and the personal trainer that made me work harder than I ever had at the gym before.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...