Fill Centers USA Closure

Not a surprise, based on their poor reputation.

Received this email a few days ago:

Due to the current economic downturn, Fill Centers USA will no longer be available to assist with scheduling appointments or processing payments for gastric band aftercare. However, most of the Providers that were working within our Aftercare Network will still be available to assist with your needs. Please refer to our website, www.fillcentersusa.com for local contact information about your Provider and others in your area. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and hope that you continue to have success with your band. The Providers would like to thank you, in advance, for your continued patronage!

Warm Regards,

The Fill Centers USA Team

www.fillcentersusa.com

I went to three (3) Fill Centers USA provider locations here in Florida and had good experiences with all of them. Fill Centers USA kept track of me and called me after all of my fills to make sure I was tolerating the new amount alright. I felt like I knew "Charlotte" personally. Very sorry to hear that in this economy they have had to call it quits. They helped provide a much needed service to patients like us that would not have gotten the lapband by Dr Ortiz had we not have had the support in the US for the adjustments.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started a new topic re: a WONDERFUL Northern/Central CA fill doctor Gail Altschuler in Novato- she was with FCUSA but obviously not now. (they also didn't pay the docs for August and September fills BTW). Anyone who needs a fill in this area, I would recommend her 100% (I drive 2 hours to see her).

I just started a new topic re: a WONDERFUL Northern/Central CA fill doctor Gail Altschuler in Novato- she was with FCUSA but obviously not now. (they also didn't pay the docs for August and September fills BTW). Anyone who needs a fill in this area, I would recommend her 100% (I drive 2 hours to see her).

We'd love to hear from other members around the USA and Canada concerning who they use for their fills.

I get my fills done at a lapband facility here in Toronto, but they stopped accepting 'outside' patients almost 2 years ago now.

There are no other places who do it, as far as I know in Canada.

No one will touch me with a ten-foot-pole, knowing I had my lapband done in Tijuana.

Something to keep in mind, of course!

The OCC gave me names of two doctors in Spokane WA that are accepting new TJ WLS patients. I contacted one of them and it sounds promising. I will keep you posted.

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone! Hope all is well.. it has been a LONG time since I have posted here. My band journey had been an incredible one until late summer last year. My last fill proved to be too tight and I was having a lot of heartburn issues and had to have an unfill and some healing time. Needless to say.. I was also going through a separation ( now divorce) and did not have the money or time to get a new fill. I have now gone from 187lbs to 235lbs bc of no restriction and the stress of the divorce and the holidays did not help. I have started counting calories again and exercising and I have managed to get about 8lbs back off. I would love to also be using my band as a tool.. BUT my doctor in Va Beach no longer does them and Fill Centers closed on me. I cannot afford the plane ticket to TJ right now but really would like to get a flouro and a fill.. Can anyone recommend a dr that will do this for TJ patients that is in the Mid Atlantic region??????? Im desparate.. Thanks so much!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an AMAZING Dr. in North Carolina that does fills and surgeries. I can't even speak highly enough of him.... he's simply the best. No offense to OCC, but had I found him first he would have done my surgery. He's kind, patient, understands this is a weight LOSS journey, listens to what I think and discusses it with me. I found him through a complication. He was not my Dr. at the time, but I was throwing up, not keeping even water down. I called and he greeted me at the front door upon my arrival, got me back to see what was going on.. had to do an 'unfill' boo.... but within a month I started filling again, and not just 1cc at a time. He was aggressive but competent. I have since hit my goal with my band and can't tell you how much I love him and my band... He's in Raleigh, NC, his name is Dr. Eric DeMaria. You will NOT be sorry you saw him, tell him Stephani sent you, he will chuckle... His cost for a fill is $165 and i used to have to self pay given my surgery was in mexico. Most recently his nurse got my fills approved through insurance, so I'm just making a co-pay. They are wonderful!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...