Hi I am currently planning to get the Gastric Sleeve done. I hope Oct 31 is the date..I havent booked it yet but that is the date i have in mind. I just wonderd how everyone is doing with it? How fast did you start losing weight? How much were you when you started and how tall? Just curious..Iam 5'4 and about 200 pounds ..I havent stepped on the scale...not sure lol

Thanks

Thanks for replying! I appreciate it! I want to lose about 70 pounds.. I would like to be 130-140 pounds ideally...If I can lose that in 3 months that would be great ! :) I am starting to prepare with Slim Fast shakes...one for breaky and one for lunch with some fruit and veggies for snacks...and one healthy meal for dinner..Does this sound right?

I am pretty much able to eat anything. Tried steak last week and it sat well in my tummy. I have not tried pork chops yet. Milk and my tummy do battle, as does plain old water. I have to sip water still but can gulp ice tea. If I drink milk every few days and keep it to under 1/2 a cup I do okay...I LOVE milk and water so those were a disappointment for me. In time I know the water will go down better but I started all this with chronic gastritis so that didn't help.

Each meal I eat my meat first (just a few bites is all I can do) then some veggies and the last few days I made potatoes and have had them but I know they aren't a very good choice. I would say that my meals are between 1/4 and 1/2 cup each. Soup I can manage a bit more if it is a broth based soup. I do eat four times a day because of my gastritis, I know that most people try to stay at three but this is what works for me and keeps me from getting so hungry that I eat too fast. That is PAINFUL!! LOL

My head thinks I am hungry way more than my body does but honestly I haven't been truly hungry in the past 20 years!! I ate for comfort, loneliness, frustration, boredom, time of day, time of night, entertainment...seldom for energy and fuel. Working on changing that every day now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did it! I booked my surgery date..Oct 31. Starting weight 216... went down two pounds guess i am not supposed to eat fruit and only green veggies..woops good thing i have some time.I am thinking of doing the liquid diet..instead of a meal at night..Thanks for all the tips.