2 Days Until Plication~Nervous!!

Well...I am 2 days out until my scheduled Plication (Wed 10/12)...flying from Texas to SD, pre-op tests, and hopefully surgery all schedled for the same day..wheww! Long day! Now I am pretty nervous about the pre-op tests....will they go all ok?? 'will I pass the respiratory tests being asmatic?'....'I am not at my goal weight loss pre-op so will this effect possibly not having my surgery?'...all of these make me so nervous and anxious! Anyone have words of wisdom?? I have read other blogs and sometimes even question my surgical procedure (Plicaction vs. Sleeve)...but I guess all this second guessing is normal as I get closer to procedure? I am just so ready..there has been so much preparation, physically, emotionally....I am just so ready for the journey to begin!!

I was just down to get my sleeve and several folks were getting plication - and they were up and shopping the next day - and you will be as well. I had a bit of a problem with the breathing test - so they did the oxygen/lung thing (which I really enjoyed actually) both before and after surgery to take care of it,.,.,Being at goal weight is a suggestion - and is the best possible place for you - but don't beat yourself up on that...keep the faith.

You will be great - the docs and staff will take excellent care of you....

Soo Excited for you! Good Luck and please keep us posted!

Thank you everyone for your support...now 5 days out and back home in Texas. Everything I was nervous about worked out wonderfully. The staff at OCC was great..the facility was great, and TJ was so much better than I would have imagined...at least were we stayed. I do have to say, traveling from Texas, pre-op, and surgery all in the same day was alot...I am not sure I would have suggested that...but it gave me less time to worry, and more time recover. I have had no nausea, no very, very little gas, and no real discomfort. I have been so careful to follow instructions " to the T", so I think that has helped me. My incision sites seem to be the most discomfort but very bearable. I am holding back from jumping on the scale every 5 min, just because I know that there is still some swelling involved. So all in all, I am thrilled with decision, and everyday seems to be getting better. Thanks again everyone for your support and I can imagine that I will continue to be looking for support not just for the physical stuff, but the emotional too, which is just as powerful at times! thanks all~

tx40 So happy for you that everything went smoothly and your doing well. Where did you stay while you were there?

I was thinking it would be alot to fly in and do pre-op and the surgery in one day as well. Think I will go the day before so I can get settled in.

Excited to see your progress! Congrats on your journey to your new life! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tX40 -- did you lose your desired weight before operation? If not, did the doctors say anything to you before going in for surgery? I am scheduled for my plication 6 days from today (11/11/11) and am thinking I will not have lost my 5% before surgery. I was banded in 2007 and had it removed due to complications this past May and I don't remember losing weight before banding (I don't remember the surgeons saying anything to me at that time but, that was 4.5 years ago!) Anyway...just curious. I'm a little nervous! Thanks!

Arlene....I am so glad you asked this..I did not think I lost my 5 % and was so nervous that they would have an issue with this, but as it turned out...when I weighed there at the center..I did make the 5%...I really dont think they would have said anything...as long as you were close and at least followed pre-op diet. I am almost 4 weeks out now and doing GREAT...I am on soft foods which is so great..I have had virtually no problems...but I do have to say I followed the pre-op and post-op diets very strictly! I think that really makes a difference in healing and in your recovery time. I had no nausea, hardly any gas, no cramping, the only thing that was a bit uncomfortable was the incision sites..and that passed in about a week or so. I was a bit obsessed with scale at first and have since really tried to stay off the scale, only weighing about twice a week...I am 14 lbs down..as of this past MOnday...havent weighed since..I do really wish it was more but I am trying to be patient and know this is a process that the weight WILL come off....timing is just different for everyone...I am trying my best not to be discorraged....water is key also..which I am not too good at! Good luck and please keep me posted on progess...I will be more than happy to share any of my experiences, me being a newbie too!

• 2 weeks later...