June 19th, 2012 and so glad I did!

Just wanted to tell everyone that is pre-op............

I had a wonderful experience at OCC!

From the first contact with my consult with Lori......to when I was discharged to come home, it was a wonderful experience.

I was more than nervous....I was scared to death! Little did I know that it would be the biggest life changing experience that I had ever had. I had so many questions and every one of them were answered!

The staff at OCC took great care of me. They took time and listened. Yes, really listened to my questions and concerns. Dr. Miranda was very direct. I could have spent days talking to her! She was a big big help. Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez were great! As busy as they both were they answered the many questions I still had before and after my surgery. The nursing staff was wonderful too! Josaphina was an angel and did everything possible to make sure I was comfortable every minute of my stay at the clinic. Any one going any time soon, please give her a hug for me! : ) I don't think I have ever had better care here in the States as I did at OCC!

The hotel was really nice. The entire hotel staff was very helpful. The drivers of the van were really nice too!

The actual surgery was not near as hard as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong...it was surgery. Not easy but not as painful as I thought it would be. Walk afterwards..walk, walk, walk. It does help alot. Just follow all your instructions and hopefully everyone's experience will be as wonderful as mine was.

I was self pay so I was worried about the cost of everything. I even looked into other surgical centers along the border. After reading and researching for weeks, I decided to go with OCC. Very glad I did. The costs are nothing when it comes to saving your life. I truly believe that Dr. Ortiz and OCC have saved my life!

So many medical issues before the surgery, to many to list. I am 8 weeks out and have lost 59 lbs since I started my pre-op diet (around May 15th) and 33 lbs of it has been post-op. I have had a few "stalls" but I am so happy when I loss a pound or sometimes 2 pounds in a day. I eat almost anything now. But only a couple of bites and I am full. It's amazing!

My doctor here in the States couldn't believe that I would resort to having surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Now he can't believe how well I have done. I am off all my medications!

I still have a long way to go in my weightloss journey but I have been given a chance now. A chance for the rest of my life!

My knowledge is limited in posting on this forum. I don't even know how to post a pic! But just wanted to say...Good luck to those that are going soon! I hope each of you are as happy about this decision as I am!

• Like 2

Hi Joyful,

Congratulations and I am so excited for you! I wish you all the very best of luck! I am 28 days away from my Revision surgery with Dr. Ortiz... and like you, I am excited, nervous and scared!

Keep my the great work!

Cheers, Dottie

major congratulations and welcome to your new journey/life. I am two years out and have never regretted a minute of it. A dear friend's dad went down last month and he echoes yours, mine and all others great rants about the OCC. When they were down in TJ they also found( courtesy of the OCC) the White Smile Center, and were as impressed with them as they were with the OCC. I am going down in Sept for a checkup, fill, filler, and dental work. Can't wait.